Dr. Bonjour's Office

His office is warm and full, and the first thing you notice is that it smells like oranges. Oranges and lemons? Citrus in general, but citrus that has been boiled in apple cider and cinnamon, warm and comforting in your belly. His office smells like Christmastime even in the height of July. His office smells like coming home.

He's not there at the moment, but that doesn't matter since he left the door unlocked. "If the door is unlocked," he tells all of the junior researchers and new hires, "then you can come in and make yourself some tea. You can leave what I need to look at on my desk, or you can wait for me to come back, I don't mind either way."

He keeps a small table off to the side for his tea accouterments, including an electric kettle, a teapot, sugar cubes, and several varieties of loose leaf. You decide some tea might be nice, and you flick the kettle on.

There are lots of things to look at while you're waiting for the water to boil. What would you like to look at first?

He's pretty open about the projects he's working on and keeps a bulletin board with reminders about them on one of his walls. He pins them up with novelty pins from truck stops, little buttons with pithy sayings like "I Left My Heart in Michigan" and "Save a Horse, Ride a Texan". Do you want to pick one up?


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License