Intro - Note: Charles Ogden Gears

rating: +62+x

Charles Ogden Gears

Aliases: Dr. Gears, "Cog"

Summary: Charles Ogden Gears is known to be intelligent, hard-working, and a respectable employee of the SCP Foundation. A direct man, he is notable among fellow colleagues for acting devoid of any apparent emotion, like a robot. The full reasoning for this is unclear to most who work with him, but I suspect that it has to do with past traumas and an inability to face past mistakes and actions in a healthy manner.

Coming from me, that's rich.

Still, I can't deny for a second that there may be more at play than my own thoughts concerning him. Might need to ask directly.

Threat: From what I've been able to gather, the Foundation has him surrounded by "standard" security measures (vague). It shouldn't be too difficult to get past, given my status as a "Nobody", but I'm still susceptible to injury and death, and I'm just as corporeal as anybody else. Anybody. God, why are these still funny for me by this point? Dammit.

I almost forgot what you looked like too. It always seems like whenever I've tried to focus, your face becomes like mud. They don't even have pictures of you in any of the databases. Why? Do you really want to be unknown and forgotten?

At least I have a faint image of him, so I can recommit myself to finding him. I can feel it. Because now, I finally solved it.

Location: I finally pinpointed where he is. The trickiest part is getting there. The challenge doesn't lie solely there, however, so much as it is figuring my approach. Once I head there, I can't head back. I'll have to hope that the luck that has carried me this far will continue to stay with me.

It's just. It's a weird feeling, knowing that he's right within my grasp, my goal nearly realized and obtainable. In a way, I almost feel like I should back out now. Of course, I can't.

I'm also not sure what I'll do once I face him. Should I kill him? Or talk with him? He's going to be nowhere similar to the same father that I remember as a child. But him… I just know that someone like him never changes. I know that I'll find him.

I will find him. If only to sort everything out. And if I can't, at least I'll have found him. That must count for something, doesn't it?

I wonder if he still plays chess.





It only ends once I decide it does. Once I deliver the checkmate.







Too cheesy for my tastes, I think.

Transparent.gif

[{$previous-url} {$previous-title}]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License