Colors

rating: +66+x

This world is composed of color and light, and I have seen every hue.

Only a small fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum is visible, but that does not mean that the rest of it is nonexistent.

It does not mean that those invisible wavelengths are not worthy of being seen, of being noticed, of being appreciated and respected for what they are. I have seen the burning, disorienting purple of ultraviolet and the resonating warmth of infrared, felt the pulsating, penetrative brilliant blue of gamma radiation, heard the exuberant chirping of people conversing in pale yellow-and-green radio waves. I have seen the colors you pretend don’t exist, and they’re more beautiful than you could ever know.

Your mind is composed of color and light, and I have seen every hue.

Only a small fraction of your desires are visible, but that does not mean that your spectrum cannot extend beyond them.

It does not mean that the concepts dwelling in your thoughts are not worthy of being seen, of being noticed, of being appreciated and respected for what they are. I have seen the stunning blues and yellows of young people in love and the burning blood-red of lust, felt the filthy, creeping black-brown of those who would never speak their mind. I have seen the colors you pretend don’t exist, and they’re more beautiful than you hope never to know.

This world is composed of color and light, and I know how to break through.

Most of the electromagnetic spectrum is ignored unless it is needed, left out of paintings and film alike, appreciation shown only for its tiny visible percentage while the rest is left to rot.

It does not mean that those colors will be overlooked; they are worthy of being seen, of being noticed, of being appreciated and respected. I have seen that burning, disorienting purple of ultraviolet and that resonating warmth of infrared and that penetrative brilliant blue of gamma radiation brought to life in medicine and physics, seen them interpreted as skewed representations of what they are, and then used up and tossed aside to fall into invisibility and neglect once again.

Your body is composed of color and light, and I know how to break through.

Most of your desires are cast away by your peers, shunned and ignored until they are needed, appreciation shown only for those aspects of yourself that conform to your world’s expectation of you while the rest is left to rot.

I will not ignore who you are; I see your thoughts in all their twistedness and perversion and to me they are seen, they are noticed, they are appreciated and respected. I have seen those blues and yellows of young people in love and that blood-red of lust and that filthy, creeping black-brown brought out and exploited by this world, seen them interpreted as skewed representations of what they are, and then used up and tossed aside to fall into invisibility and neglect once again.

This world is composed of color and light, and I have made it blossom anew.

Everything in existence is realized at a cost, with pain and turmoil and confusion as payment for actualization, every gleaming hue and every intangible fantasy taking its toll on reality.

I have seen that burning, disorienting purple of ultraviolet as it festered in flesh and pulled from it splattering patterns of malicious cells. I have felt that pulsating, penetrative brilliant blue of gamma radiation as it tore violently through the bodies of eighty thousand people and I have heard the exuberant chirping of people conversing in pale yellow-and-green radio waves on that same day in August of 1945. I have seen beautiful colors do terrible things, and sometimes there is nothing anyone can do.

You are composed of color and light, and I will make you blossom anew.

I have seen those stunning blues and yellows of young people in love and that burning blood-red of lust as they sickened and drove to madness those they affected. I have felt the filthy, creeping black-brown of those who would never speak their mind as it grew and grew in them and consumed their thoughts every night until they were a husk of their former selves, corrupted by a color they could never actualize, a color never noticed, never appreciated and respected for what it was.

I have seen beautiful colors do terrible things, but there is only so much I can do. I will give you what this world could not, but if your mind is leaking brown and black and degradation and rot, your body will start to as well. After all, everything in existence is realized at a cost, and every gleaming hue and intangible fantasy takes its toll on reality.

I will never use you for your color, I will never judge you or degrade you like your peers; I will never show you anything but what you wish to see in me and I will never toss you aside and leave part of you behind. I will not ignore who you are; I see your thoughts in all their twistedness and perversion and to me they are noticed, they are appreciated and respected, and they are refracted through me like a prism until I am nothing but the purest embodiment of your color, of those thoughts, of what you have been aching for for this long.

This world is composed of color and light, and I have seen every hue.

Your body is composed of color and light, and I know how to break through.

I am everything you’ve ever wanted, and I want all of you.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License