This page indicates the various queries and concerns most-often directed towards SCP wiki staff, as well as contact information should you require staff assistance. For detailed information on individual staff members (including admin/mod/operational/junior staff breakdown), please see Meet the Staff.
When sending a wikidot message to a staff member (view the account profile, select the "Write private message" button at the top), please allow some time for a response. If you do not receive a prompt reply, contact other members of the team or go to the IRC chat and ask for staff assistance. Remember, to receive the fastest response for any query, go to chat and ask for a staff member!
(For quick navigation, click the query that best suits your reason to contact staff in the table of contents below.)
I need help with my application to join the site!
- Refer to the Join This Site page for all necessary application information.
I have a general question about the site, the writing process, or site policy. (Or, I don't know which team to contact!/My question is not on this list!)
The Community Outreach Team answers all general questions and welcomes new users to the site. Team members also monitor the site's recent posts for confusion or other queries that require staff attention, informing other teams of new queries as necessary.
- For the fastest response, use the IRC chatroom, or post in the open forums:
|For questions regarding:||Make a new thread in this place:|
|writing process and chatroom (idea development, IRC chatroom/client issues, sandbox issues, writing tips, seeking collaborators, etc.)||General Advice subforum|
|SCPs, the Foundation itself, or anything in-universe related to the world the SCP Foundation takes place in||Foundation Universe subforum|
|site policy (the way the wiki runs, rules, etc.)||Policy subforum|
|fanmade drawings, movies, or other art||Fan Work (general SCP-based art) or Meta-Reality Projects (fanmade SCP documents, instructional videos, or other Foundation items made IRL)|
|site in general (anything not fitting in the above categories)||General subforum|
- If you have a question you would like answered by a staff member, contact Decibelles.
- If you do not receive a reply within a day, notify another member of the Community Outreach Team:
- Refer to the Guide for Newbies for a basic list of site expectations and behavior.
- Refer to the FAQ for answers to commonly-raised questions.
- Refer to the Chat Guide for information on how to use the IRC chatroom.
A page on the SCP Foundation wiki is using my original work (pictures, writing, etc.) without permission!
I have a question about the Creative Commons license, making my own offsite work using SCP material, or creating SCP-themed merchandise.
The Licensing Experts handle all questions involving projects, products, fan work, and other derivatives that use original material from the SCP Foundation site. They also answer questions about the Creative Commons license and its requirements. This team also addresses issues of plagiarism and original work used without permission.
- If you do not wish to create a wikidot account and original work you have created is used by a site page without your permission, send an email to moc.liamg|gnisneciLPCS#moc.liamg|gnisneciLPCS (This account handles Licensing issues only. Queries will be addressed at least once a week.)
- Contact ProcyonLotor.
- If you do not receive a reply within a day, notify another member of the License Experts Team:
- Refer to the Licensing Guide.
I am reporting a user (regular member or staff) who has broken site rules.
I am reporting a user for disruptive behavior staff should be aware of.
The Disciplinary Committee handles situations that involve disruptive behavior necessitating warnings or bans. Users who break site rules should be reported to this team. This team can also be contacted to report a certain user who has not yet broken site rules but has raised concern due to their behavior.
Contact: Any member of the Disciplinary Committee:
* Sophia Light
- Refer to the Site Rules for a list of expected site behavior.
I have a harassment case to report.
The Harassment Team handles cases involving site members being excessively rude, aggressive, or offensive towards another user(s). This includes stalking, pestering, and any other kind of unwanted and unsolicited messages from another user.
- Contact SoullessSingularity.
- If you do not receive a reply within a day, notify another member of the Harassment Team:
- Refer to the Harassment Policy for what to do when reporting harassment you are informed of, observe, or experience.
I need feedback on my mainsite page, or I have a question about giving feedback on the site, or someone is giving me critique that is against site rules.
The Site Criticism Team responds to new pages on the mainsite and monitors the posts made when a new article or tale is submitted.
- Note that once a piece has been submitted to the mainsite, it is considered finished work and no one is obligated to give any more feedback than their vote—those who do give detailed feedback are doing the author a courtesy, not fulfilling a requirement.
- The mainsite is not the place for works in progress. Drafts are reviewed in forums or chat (see below entry regarding Forum Criticism).
- If you want a page of yours reviewed by a staff member, contact a member of the Site Criticism Team (note that individual staff response may be slower, depending on what times staff members are available):
- Refer to the Criticism Policy for information and guidelines on acceptable and unacceptable critique.
- Refer to the Deletions Guide for the site policy on low-rated pages.
I have a draft that needs to be reviewed.
The Forum Criticism Team is in charge of ensuring forums drafts are addressed, and maintaining a high level of quality in forum reviews. Individual members can be messaged for reviews or to draw chat attention to a forum thread.
- For the fastest response, use the IRC chatroom, or make a new thread in the Drafts and Critiques subforum.
- If no one has replied to your thread after a few hours, you may PM a staff member to ask site members currently in the chatroom to read your draft. Do not bump your thread unless announcing significant changes, as otherwise that causes spam buildup. Forum threads with fewer replies are prioritized.
- If you want a draft reviewed by a staff member, contact a member of the Forum Criticism Team (note that individual staff response may be slower, depending on what times staff members are available. You are encouraged to use the forums and chat!):
- Refer to the How to Write an SCP Guide and the resources available in the Guide Hub for further information on how to write for the site.
- Refer to the How to Contribute page when your draft has been reviewed and deemed ready for the mainsite.
I have a question about how to use images on the site, where I can find images on the site, and how to determine if an image is adheres to the site's Creative Commons license.
The Image Team ensures that all images on the site are Creative Commons-compliant, and can answer questions about how to properly obtain and format pictures on the site for use in articles, tales or other site pages.
- Contact anqxyr.
- If you do not receive a reply within a few days, notify another member of the Image Team:
- Refer to the Image Use Policy.
I wish to rewrite a page on the site that I am not the original author of.
The Rewrite Team handles all rewrites on the site, whether of newly-posted articles or old mainlist entries. Questions about the rewriting process and obtaining permission for revisions of older articles with inactive authors should be directed to this team.
I have a question about the site's coding (wikidot syntax) or tag policy.
The Technical Team is in charge of the site's overarching tag system and is responsible for the automatic modules that help the site function. The members of this team also have significant coding skill and can be contacted with questions about coding projects or how to use the site's wiki syntax to achieve certain page effects.
- For the fastest response, general questions about coding can be answered in the General Advice subforum.
- For staff response, contact a member of the Technical Team:
- Refer to the How to Write an SCP Guide for basic page coding templates, and the Tag Guide for the site's tagging policy.
I'd like to start a translation site, or I have a question about any of the SCP Foundation's official channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter).
The Internet Outreach Team is responsible for maintaining relations and communication with mainsite-affiliated SCP Foundation sites. This team also helps users from mainsite-affiliated channels join and acclimatize to the mainsite.
- Contact Roget.
- If you do not receive a reply within a few days, notify another member of the Internet Outreach Team:
- Refer to the Extra-Community SCP Sites Guide.