Employee Name: Daniel Horatio Aeslinger, Psy.D.
Position: Clinical Psychologist
Department: Mental Health Division
Assignment: Mobile Mental Health Evaluation Unit Sigma-5
Profile: Dr. Aeslinger gives a damn. In a world where you might get sucked into a parallel dimension filled with sentient couches, where around every corner might lurk an undead abomination stitched together from the mewling corpses of kittens sacrificed to some undying ancient evil, he cares. And he uses that caring attitude for the force of good. Or at least to provide a semi-bitching paycheck.
Aeslinger is part of a small group of mental health professionals employed by The Foundation to evaluate and monitor the mental health of its employees. These men and women have nothing to gain and everything to lose as they subject themselves to repeated verbal bludgeoning, demonstrations of ignorance and passive-aggressive posturing.
If you have a psychological problem…if no one else can help…and if you can find them…maybe you can hire…The P-Team.
That one show totally stole that line from us.
Awards received from the annual FVP Awards1:
- Hall of Fame
- Prolific Scribbler
- Order of Bright
- Safety Dancer
- I Clid, Euclid, We All Clid
- Stuck In Neutral
- Man of Steel
- Batting Average Champion
- Home Run Derby
- Plato's Cave
- Front Man
- International Man of Mystery
- Those Other Guys
Projects Dr. Aeslinger provided psychological services on2:
- SCP-281 - The Snooze Alarm (total rewrite of an article in the same slot by an unknown author)
- SCP-366 - Carriage Grubs (total rewrite of an article in the same slot by yellowdrakex)
- SCP-1114 - What A Dummy
- SCP-1118 - Os Sumum
- SCP-1119 - Father Goose
- SCP-1121 - The Skinning Disease
- SCP-1125 - Answer Dice
- SCP-1130 - A Handy Shortcut
- SCP-1142 - A Cry for Help
- SCP-1344 - Eye-catching Goggles (formerly 'Owl Goggles') by 182crazyking
- SCP-1681 - American Idols
- SCP-1946 - Diner Mimics
- SCP-2002 - A Dead Future (an SCP-2000 contest entry)
- SCP-2102 - Got Shoggoth?
- SCP-2250 - Duck Hunt
- SCP-2314 - Проект Стебельчатый Глаз (a collaboration with Dr Nikolaus)
- SCP-2451 - Love Through Time, Space and Species
- SCP-2506 - Niles is a Fixer
- SCP-2603 - Its Maiden Voyage (an MTF2016 contest entry)
Fiction written for The Foundation Herald's 'Tall Tales of Total Terror' section:
- The Longest Ride - Couriers have the worst days.
- The Princess and the Ogre - Because they can't all be betentacled horrors from beyond the veil.
- Dead End - Why we should keep tabs on prototypes.
- Supply and Demand - The Chaos Insurgency supplies what third-world dictators demand.
- The Urge that Betrays - When stingrays start spewing from the vents
- Faith - One day, in an abandoned farmhouse, an old widower and a widower try to create the heart of a boy.
- Unraveled - Don't pick at scabs.
- The 2014 GoI Contest
- Family Ties - This is what happens when you try to break up Herman Fuller's family.
- For the 2014 GoI Contest