This archive displays all pages that have been featured for a day on the site's front page in commemoration of special event days. These pages have been selected for thematic reasons, in addition to being well-received by the site community overall.
Any suggestions for future event features may be made at this forum thread.
1 January 2017 - performance tag month
11 January 2017 - performance tag month
21 January 2017 - performance tag month
- Featured page: Wait and see~
January 2017: performance tag month
1 January 2017 - performance tag month featured page #1
- SCP-2960 (The Show MUST Go On…) by Jacob Conwell
- The anomalous properties of SCP-2960 become apparent when any instance attempts to leave the auditorium or the backstage area…
11 January 2017 - performance tag month featured page #2
10 January 2016 - World Laughter Day
- To SCP readers around the world: January 10, 1998 was the first WORLD LAUGHTER DAY. Share a laugh with friends, family, or a secret little chuckle to yourself (why wait for May?)—and take a look at this day's special event feature, SCP-2030 (LA U GH IS F UN) by PeppersGhost. Muahahaha!
21 January 2016 - Squirrel Appreciation Day
- Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day, SCP readers! However you consider squirrels, whether majestic tree acrobats or diabolical creatures bent on world domination, let us appreciate their strange and unique ways. Take a moment to consider SCP-184-J (The Elaboration Squirrel) by Captain Cain.
29 January 2016 - National Puzzle Day
- Jan 29 is National Puzzle Day! Consider seeking out a new riddle, brainteaser, or thought experiment you have not thought of before… and take a look at SCP-1997 (Endless Activity Book) by Ink Asylum.
8 February 2016 - Lunar New Year
- Happy Year of the Monkey, everyone! Usher in the Lunar New Year with SCP-2686 (Moon Wizard) by Wogglebug.
14 February 2016 - Valentine’s Day
- Will you spread the love or scorn it? Perhaps contemplate its many forms and approaches with SCP-2203 (Find the One for You!) by WrongJohnSilver.
21 February 2016 - International Mother Language Day
- Celebrate all of the languages spoken by people around the world! And see how languages can come together, with SCP-2601 (The Death of Insaera) by Von Pincier.
3 March 2016 - I Want You to be Happy Day
- Celebrate an event observed annually to encourage us to do something to make others happy! Spare a thought for those who need it, and maybe visit SCP-2483, the Sad Swingset, by trennerdios.
14 March 2016 - Pi Day
- Commemorate the mathematical constant pi and all its circle-ness. Also pie, which is delicious, and can be found in SCP-1234 (An Abandoned Bakery), by Smapti.
22 March 2016 - World Water Day
- Water is important! So is the sustainable management of freshwater sources. Consider the significance of water and the terror of SCP-1099 (Spawn-Water) by Psyshade on this day.
8 April 2016 - Draw a Picture of a Bird Day
- Birds come in all different shapes and sizes. Draw one today! And consider minmin's Birdphone. Think Different. (SCP-2232)
22 April 2016 - Earth Day
- Contemplate the beauty and wonder of Mother Earth today. Perhaps you’ll spot a flower in the sidewalk cracks, catch a snatch of birdsong in the air, find your own Memory of a Masterpiece in the natural world.
29 April 2016 - International Dance Day
8 May 2016 - Mother's Day
- Let's celebrate mothers all over the world, and all the joys of motherhood. And say hello to our lady Grandma Spider (SCP-2269 by Aelanna), whose children continue to care for her today.
17 May 2016 - World Baking Day
- Celebrate the wonders of baked goods with bakers, professional and hobbyists, all over the world! Make bread, make muffins, but please learn from Seibai, and do not make Self-Replacing Cake.
30 May 2016 - National Water a Flower Day
- Say, won’t you view the flowers with me?
- Stand side by side, in awe we’ll see
- Amidst the evening’s stand-still breeze:
- The Bladewood Grove’s enchanting trees
1 June 2016 - International Children's Day
- Celebrate the children all over the world, for their ingenuity, creativity, and their great, big, whale-sized imaginations! As PeppersGhost said it, Squeedle Deedle Dee!
19 June 2016 - Father's Day
- Let's celebrate all the fathers around the world today! Read the story of the Paternal Rubik's Cube from dierubikdie, and think of the father who just wants to talk to his son who loves puzzles.
30 June 2016 - Meteor Watch Day
- Hope for clear skies tonight! Make a wish on a star even if it's not falling, and join the world in some star-gazing. And let's hope that TwistedGears's Pachycephalosaurus rock collector didn't order anything else…
3 July 2016 - Last Day of Shark Week
- The Discovery Channel's week-long shark-filled television program has come to an end for this year, so let's give the sharks a fond send off with the Turbo Shark Pulverizer 6000 and his author Gargus.
29 July 2016 - International Tiger Day
- Celebrate tigers today with a ROAR! Or a meow? That’s just A Harmless Kitten that Alias Pseudonym wrote about, right?
30 July 2016 - International Day of Friendship
- Friendships build bridges between people, whether you see their faces often or not often at all. Take a moment today to think of your friends, both old and new, and visit SCP-1252 (A Half-Formed Idea) by SoullessSingularity.
15 August 2016 - National Relaxation Day
- Happy National Relaxation Day, Foundation personnel! Take a moment today to breathe deeply, reflect on what makes you happy, and maybe share a cup of tea on a tropical island with SCP-2255, The Most Interesting Rainstorm in the World.
21 August 2016 - World Fashion Day
- Celebrate the art of fashion today! The Mannequin That Will No Longer Put Up With This Shit, Honestly (SCP-2353) by SoullessSingularity certainly has a few things to say about the topic.
22 August 2016 - National Eat a Peach Day
19 September 2016 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Yarr! Gather 'round, and today listen to Doctor Cimmerian and Faminepulse's tale of a ship in space, the crew of the voyajer, and their adventures.
25/26 September 2016 - World Dream Day
- Dreams can inspire us to make wonders of the blank slate that is the future. But what happens when something goes wrong with our sleep-time dreams? Consider the case of A Dream's Nightmare, by DreamwalkerFae.
29 September 2016 - National Coffee Day
- Whether it's keeping you awake, functioning, sane, or some mix of the three, coffee is a pretty great drink! Just be careful if you're using that strange coffee percolator DrBerggren was talking about…
14 October 2016 - World Egg Day
- Take a moment today to think of the benefits of eggs. Such as the MAN EGG that azzleflux told us about. It seems a little questionable. DO NOT LEAVE EGGS OUTSIDE OF A COLD ENVIRONMENT FOR MORE THAN HALF AN HOUR AT A TIME. IF ANYTHING EMERGES FROM YOUR MAN EGG, PLEASE CALL █-███-███-████.
28 October 2016 - National Chocolate Day
- Let's celebrate all things chocolate today! Remember to watch out for that one chocolate fountain by Quikngruvn, though.
31 October 2016 - Halloween
- Happy All Hallows' Eve, mortals, enchanters, walkers of the world. Eat candy, spin stories, enjoy the night of fright with friends and folk alike. And, as Ihp will tell us of, let us Dance the Danse!
6 November 2016 - Daylight Saving Time Ends
- For everyone living in a place that observes DST, it’s time to turn your clocks back! And contemplate the illusion of time, and for those of us who don’t turn the clock at all, some of us might be celebrating Saint Simon’s Day with Mulciber this year…
15 November 2016 - National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
- Hopefully there aren’t any fridges that will fight back when they’re being cleaned today. For those interested in how a fridge can go wrong, azzleflux tells us about An Exercise in Futility.
21 November 2016 - World Hello Day
- Anyone can participate by verbally greeting ten people today! Think on the importance of communication for peace, and read about The Harbinger as DrEverettMann tells us the story of a lonely biomechanical entity with a mission and a message.
13 December 2016 - World Violin Day
- Let us honor the centuries-old string instrument with a tale of a rather curious violin. As Drewbear tells us, “play it well and keep the life of music flowing”. But is the violin really a lost Stradivarius, or rather, something more sinister?
24 December 2016 - Christmas Eve
- 'Tis the season! Think back on the 14th Annual Site-19 Senior Staff Christmas Eve Caroling, at the December 24th, 2011 Hub.
31 December 2016 - New Year's Eve
- Another year has come to an end. Let us think of the Quiet Days, and what we have experienced, as we look towards the future.
14 February 2015 - Happy Valentine's Day, Foundation personnel!
- Article features: SCP-1937 (Self-Love Shack) by azzleflux and SCP-1638 (Silence) by Myriad
- Tale features: Salut d'Amor byZyn and Love in Leetspeak by Eskobar
1 April 2015 - Remember Duck Plague quack quack
25 December 2015 - Merry Christmas!