Experiment Log 239-C
rating: +47+x

Experiment 239-C will consist of SCP-239 being presented with a small (30 page) blank book and a pack of 16 colored crayons. Subject will be encouraged to write and/or draw inside it daily. Entries will be electronically recorded, and hopefully used to assist with gauging and altering SCP-239's beliefs.

Capture1.JPG

Scanned: 9-15-██. Created on 9-15-██. Cover of experiment 239-C. Subject draws self holding a book and what is presumed to be a magic wand. Doctors Anselm and Pretch stand on either side. Artistic ability unremarkable; subject primarily uses pink crayon, with personal details rendered in yellow (hair, tip of wand) and light brown (book, shaft of wand). Transcript of text: "My Diary." Written large, at top of page.

Capture2.JPG

Scanned: 9-15-██. Created on 9-15-██. Subject draws self with long hair, holding magic wand. Writing is for the most part grammatically correct, but lacks aesthetic quality. Presumably subject believes/wants her writing to be grammatically correct, but is unaware of problems with appearance. Transcript of text: "I can make my hair long or short now because Merlin taught me the spell!" 'Merlin' refers to Dr. Anselm, who uses the name during interaction with SCP-239, as part of maintaining SCP-239's illusion of witchcraft.

Capture3.JPG

Scanned: 9-15-██. Created on 9-15-██. Basic drawing of self receiving book, most likely from Dr. Anselm. Transcript of text: "Today I got a diary! He said I should write in it like it is a person but it isn't a person."

Capture4.JPG

Scanned: 9-16-██. Created on 9-16-██. Drawing of self writing in book. Doctor in picture not conclusively identified, as minimal personal interaction occurred on 9-16-██. Transcript of text: "I'm going to learn to write really nice." This may indicate that SCP-239's properties will cause improved writing talent. However, there is no information on the time frame that SCP-239 believes will be required to improve.

Capture5.JPG

Scanned: 9-16-██. Created on 9-16-██. Basic drawing of witch. Transcript of text: "Merlin said he is bringing a witch to help teach me, and she is coming soon!"

Capture6.JPG

Scanned: 9-17-██. Created on 9-17-██. All text. Transcript of text: "The new witch is here! She is nice and powerful. She enchanted my chair so" Subject displays difficulty with the word 'enchanted.' Ramifications on theory of 239's belief in correct grammar are unknown. Writing continued on next page.

Capture7.JPG

Scanned: 9-17-██. Created on 9-17-██. Drawing of self riding animate chair, with inanimate chairs spread across page. Dr. Wyatt, the 'witch,' is also present. Text continued from last page. Transcript of text: "So it can walk now!"

Capture8.JPG

Scanned: 9-17-██. Created on 9-17-██. All text. Transcript of text: "I showed her my hair spell that Merlin taught me and she liked it so much she gave me an special crayon!" 'Magic' crayon, black, given as part of experiment to test effect of personal belief on artistic skill.

Capture9.JPG

Scanned: 9-17-██. Created on 9-17-██. Self portrait using provided crayons and the 'magic' black crayon. Far higher quality than former drawings. This may either be due to SCP-239's belief that the crayon was magical or SCP-239's desire to create a higher quality drawing.

Capture10.JPG

Scanned: 9-21-██. Created on 9-18-██. All text. Transcript of text: "I showed her my diary and she said that it is mine and only I can look at it." Silhouette in background of scan due to self portrait on other side of page.

Capture14.JPG

Scanned: 9-21-██. Created on 9-18-██. All text. Transcript of text: "They said that she has to go but I don't want her to. I don't want her to go I don't want her to go I don't want"

Capture11.JPG

Scanned: 9-21-██. Created on 9-19-██. All text. Transcript of text: "She had to leave. Merlin told me she was going to see her sisters but now I'm sad and I miss her." Dr. Wyatt was removed from duty on 9-18-██ after inadvertently making experiment 239-C inaccessible.

Capture12.JPG

Scanned: 9-21-██. Created on 9-19-██. Drawing of Dr. Wyatt with excessively long hair and magic wand. Transcript of text: "She came back! Merlin was surprised I think." Dr. Wyatt reappeared inside SCP-239-C's containment area on 9-19-██ at 1:52 pm. Dr. Wyatt believed herself to be a witch, and displayed abilities equivalent to SCP-239's beliefs of what a 'powerful witch' should be able to do. Removal of Dr. Wyatt from SCP-239's presence deemed too risky to occur while SCP-239 was conscious.

Capture13.JPG

Scanned: 9-21-██. Created on 9-19-██. Drawing of self beside doctors Anselm and Wyatt. Transcript of text: "She is going to teach me more spells! Merlin said we have to wait for tomorrow." The risk of SCP-239 indirectly using Dr. Wyatt to bypass its emplaced beliefs on limited magical ability necessitated immediate intervention. Once SCP-239 was asleep, Dr. Wyatt was removed from her presence. SCP-239 was then woken, and successfully convinced that Dr. Wyatt was an 'evil witch' who had attempted to steal SCP-239's power. Dr. Wyatt subsequently terminated. Silhouette on background of scanned page unidentified, does not appear in book.


Experiment 239-C successfully recovered on 9-21-██. Further experimentation canceled due to application of medically induced coma. Experiment 239-C may or may not be continued should SCP-239 be returned to consciousness. Project on hold as of 10-03-██.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License