Experiment Log 784-BETA
rating: +19+x

Experiment Log – SCP-784-BETA

Purpose:

  1. To discover the appropriate nerve endings that SCP-784 must be connected to in order to function correctly.
  2. To replenish stock of SCP-784, in order to allow for further and more extensive testing.
  3. To reverse engineer SCP-784, or find practical applications for SCP-784.

INTER SCP CONTAMINATION WARNING:
In order to facilitate the tremendous need for skill and dexterity in these experiments, I will be utilising SCP-542, due to his considerable surgical abilities. However, he is to be watched thoroughly, and under no circumstances is he to obtain any samples of SCP-784 for himself.

REPEAT: Under no circumstances is SCP-542 to obtain any samples of SCP-784 for himself. Any attempts to do so will be met with extreme force, and SCP-542 will be promptly and permanently removed from both the experiment staff and testing area.

Pre-Experiment Note:
Should we achieve our first objective, SCP-784 will be utilised in the Olympia Project, in test subject Olympia Zero. If successful, this would effectively allow the second objective to be completed, and with that, further research and experimentation into the third objective.

Experiment Process:
The experiments shall proceed as follows:

  • Patient shall be prepared and subject to complete open skull surgery, leaving the entirety of the upper hemispheres of the brain available for use.
  • Using SCP-542, as well as information gained from SCP-784's original incarnation as well as its subsequent escape attempt, traces of SCP-784 will be attached to nerve endings in the brain in order to establish cognitive control.
  • Should the previous step prove successful, the subject will be put through a series of basic tests in order to showcase the control the subject has over SCP-784.
  • Should the previous step prove unsuccessful, subject will be either terminated, or put through the implantation process again. Otherwise, the operation is to be ended, and the subject observed in quarantine for a predetermined length of time.

Experiment Log:

Subject 001: Male Caucasian, aged 36, 5'9, 180lbs. Relative good health.
Experimental Status: FAILURE
Subject Status: DECEASED
Note: More care is needed. SCP-784 responded to the electrical brain impulses in the brain before implantation and partially activated, consuming part of the tools and subject's grey matter in the process.

Subject 004: Female Caucasian, aged 45, 5'3, 100lbs. Average health.
Experimental Status: FAILURE
Subject Status: DECEASED
Note: Please maintain constant vigilance. Failure to correctly restrain the subject will lead to errors in experimentation, and a loss in both productivity and material resources.

Subject 007: Male Caucasian, aged 35, 6'0, 175lbs. Average health.
Experimental Status: PARTIAL SUCCESS
Subject Status: DECEASED
Note: Subject was receptive to implantation process to a point. However, there seemed to be some misalignments in the connection to certain nerve endings, as the subject constantly complained of SCP-784 not responding to his exact wishes. This was especially noticeable when the subject attempted to form SCP-784 into a complex pattern alignment, and instead exploded, causing a minor breach of security as SCP-784 began to consume all available matter.

Subject 016: Male Black, aged 26, 6'1, 190lbs. Relative good health.
Experimental Status: SUCCESS
Subject Status: DECEASED
Note: For further choice of test subjects, psych evaluations will be needed in their evaluation.

Subject 018: Female Caucasian, aged 37, 5'6, 145lbs. Average health.
Experimental Status: SUCCESS
Subject Status: DECEASED
Note: REPEAT: For further choice of test subjects, psych evaluations will be needed in their evaluation.

Subject 024: Male Caucasian, aged 56, 5'5, 160lbs. Below average health.
Experimental Status: SUCCESS
Subject Status: DECEASED
Note: Correct nerve alignment and implantation has been discerned. However, subject was unable to cope with the added stress of SCP-784 within their body, and later died of inter-cranial pressure. Refinement is needed in the process to prevent this from happening again.

Subject 031: Male Caucasian, aged 43, 5'8, 180lbs. Average health.
Experimental Status: SUCCESS
Subject Status: ALIVE
Note: Process has been refined accordingly.

Subject 035: Olympia Zero
Experimental Status: SUCCESS
Subject Status: ALIVE
Note: Fusion with SCP-784 was observed to occur to a much greater degree than in previous subjects. This is most likely because of the unusual composition of this Olympia Zero's grey matter. Further testing will proceed on Olympia Zero.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License