This archive displays all Foundation Tales which have been featured on the site's front page.
64. SCUTTLE by pxdnbluesoul
- "I don't want to be alarmist or anything, but should I be making plans? I've never heard of SCUTTLE acting up."
63. Learning The Alphabet Hub by TwistedGears, with pieces by djkaktus and Kalinin
- "Finn, do you think our lives would make for an interesting story?"
62. Wanderer Symbols by toadking07
- Secured during raid on known █████████ ████ camp on ██/██/████.
- For full list of confiscated artifacts, see parent document, classification "Nest Breaker."
61. Footsteps by Anborough
- "Nobody expected me to live up to your example, I was never anything compared to you. But I'm better than you. Nobody knows though. Don't you love the irony? Is that irony? I hope it is."
60. Exploration Log 2474.1 by minmin [contest prize feature]
- Circular, repetitive patterns can be seen from afar, apparently carved into the surface, which now entirely consists of the aforementioned white material and Venusian rock arranged in belts and concentric rings.
59. I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die by Roget [contest prize feature]
- She used to become so annoyed when he called her 'Director'. She'd always go on about how she'd retired to get away from stuffy formality, and she wanted to just be grandma from then on. Now? She just smiled and nodded, with a cheery disconnect from his words.
58. Loyal to the Cause by Erku
- Ersen was almost looking forward to living on-site. In the long run it would be a good change. He wouldn't have to keep track of a 'real life' name and a 'Foundation' name.
57. A Visitation by AssertiveRoland
- He let out a long sigh and rubbed at his temples, reaching for the bottle of bourbon he saved in the cabinet nearby for serious emergencies.
- It wasn’t there.
56. I ≠ I by Von Pincier
- "This ball is not spherical," I say. Thankfully, I am wrong.
55. New Kid on the Block by Anaxagoras
- With everything he had ever cared about lying in ruins around him, Jake Son-of-Gaia set off on the journey to Site 19, where he knew he would find people able to aid him in his vendetta against the foul Broken God.
54. World Tour by yellowdrakex
- “Ladies and gentleman, the world tour has started!” she announced, moving the controls of the UAV smoothly. The secondary pilot grinned at her with his dagger-like teeth, the spines down his back pricked in excitement…
53. Teeth, Dearie by Dr LosER
- Oh hush now, those stories are greatly over exaggerated. I am not a demon, and I most certainly am not hellspawn. My mother would take offense to that, you know. No need to be rude!
52. Shadow of a Doubt by Dr Yucatan
- Swinburne, like most Level-2 Technicians, knew he was replaceable. It came with the territory. Though obviously not as knowledgeable about the SCP-objects contained at Area-12 as other personnel, he knew two things…
51. Happy Free Market Log 17643390 by Chaoseed
- A purchase! 1e3 Neocredits, delight for senses. Honorable customer is curious as to what fortune shall bring. I bring forth one of innumerable sweet beverages available in spacetime locality.
50. The Orb is the Key by TexasBigfoot
- Striking it with a hammer was useless. Using a cutting torch only made it warm to the touch. Having someone drive a railroad spike into it bent the spike. Throughout all the tests I've done and ran on this creation, it still continues to roll by itself, in the rough span of a meter.
49. The Worm by SnakeoilSage
- I stand within the snare, built of the iron of the earth and the blood of man, and I bait the worm to its doom!
48. The Coward by MissMercurial
- "Look, Nigel, we know. We know that you gave yourself an unauthorized dose of Class A amnestics. We also know that you should be able to remember why."
47. Retirement Policy by SpoonofEvil
- “Congratulations, Dr. Ryan.” Agent Williams smiled as he took a sip of cheap beer. The young agent was leaning back in his chair as if he didn't have a care in the world. “As of two minutes ago, you are officially no longer in the employ of the Foundation.”
46. Skippy by tehburntone
- Another day, another skip. You think you're clever, don't you? Well, you're not. That's right, I'm talking to you, Mr. Skippy, you blasted piece of shit. Oh, they think you're a toy gun that transports people into the past and kills them? Well fuck me, you're not, sly bugger. Oh, no.
45. For Elise by MisterKillam
- In my shed, I was building, building something groundbreaking and amazing. Something beautiful, something so complex it was a symphony of antennae, transistors, and resistors, a veritable orchestra of electrical parts.
44. Breath, Pulse, Blood, Spine by Dmatix
- Huh. Nodded off there for a minute. Must be tired, shouldn't have walked all night like that. Still, I'd say it's been worth it. God, look at that view.
43. The Human Part of the Equation by TroyL
- Sometime in the early morning, he rose, took out his pistol, and walked mechanically into the woods. The shot echoed through the trees, ringing with blood and iron.
42. Lemuridae by Tom Serveaux
- Of course, there are times when I don’t want to be human at all.
- Sometimes… I want to be a lemur.
41. Once But Not Now by SRegan
- Sometimes, when he closed his withered eyelids, the old man could see the prairies of his youth, the moonlight grasses, feel and hear the gentle whiskers of the wind against his flesh.
40. A Day In The Life by Drewbear
- Pretty much everyone on the squad had something they did to ensure they'd come back alive and in one piece.
39. Stare by Eskobar
- "IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE SERVING WITH YOU."
- "I FEEL SIMILARLY."
38. Snippets From The Serpent by DrBright
- Yesterday, upon the stair,
- I met a woman who wasn't there.
- She wasn't there again today,
- I wish, I wish she'd go away…
37. Null Space by Chubert
- And we will hurl our thunderbolts against the sacred towers, with our red right hand.
36. Recovered Document 4761: CotBG-82 by Joreth
- "I just find it to be abhorrent. Using cars for rituals — it’s out of the question. I don’t understand young people today and what motivates them."
35. Post Finem by DrEverettMann
- The world ended yesterday, and none of us noticed until this morning.
34. How Dr. Clef Saved Christmas by Smapti
- And a 'Ho, ho, ho' to you too, motherfuckers! WHOOO!
33. Incursion by Lowelll
- If the words "esoteric containment" mean nothing to you, stop listening.
32. What Lies Ahead by Tanhony
- The Foundation in space.
31. The Flytrap by Sophia Light
- The O5 council is one of those secrets that's a secret until you're Clearance 2- and then it's just creepy. They're the people who control the Foundation. Who are they? Oh, they have numbers, not names. Who were they? Fuck knows.
30. Break On Through by bleggs
- No more running. No more hiding. You've had your fun. We think it's time you faced up to what you've done. Don't you?
29. All They Want Is The Blood by Sorts
- Personnel assigned to maintain the containment pattern are instructed to silently walk down the center of the main hallway at a slow but steady pace. As it takes approximately eleven minutes to walk to the execution chamber at maximum safe rate of travel, personnel will have only three minutes to work on the pattern and still have enough time to reasonably guarantee a safe exit from the facility.
28. Empty Nights by Dmatix
- The broken man looked up at the mountains in front of him and thought about the climb ahead. This was going to take time. But time he had in abundance. He'd never run out, not ever again. Time was all he had left, in these empty nights.
27. Unfinished Business by TroyL
- "What's a little murder between friends?"
26. In the Big League by Leicontis
- Don't worry. The less you know, the better off you'll be. Sure, it'll nag at you and roll around in your mind, but ignorance really is bliss.
25. Acquisitions - a Marshall, Carter & Dark Tale by SRegan
- "My dear fellow, nothing in this world is off-limits."
24. Class Omega by eric_h
- The eternal sunshine…
23. A Video Oddity by Djoric
- Contrary to all currently received reports, no "Ninth Disc" has ever been found. Please do not disseminate these unfounded rumors among staff. Investigation is ongoing.
22. Recovered Data File by thedeadlymoose
- No further information is available. Currently, Sophia Light is serving as Director of Site-41.
21. Into That Good Night by Zyn
- A collection of villanelles based on SCP articles.
20. Clockwork Time by Dr Gears
- The Fabergé bastard was raging…
19. Running by Enma Ai
- Your legs are tired, so tired, so tired, but don't stop. Don't ever stop. Just keep running.
18. Name, Rank, Serial Number by DrClef
- Instead, there were two sharp clicks, like a typewriter…
17. The Little Lost ██████ by Alias Pseudonym
- I’ve never seen anything so
16. Sunday Service by Sabitsuki
- “Brothers and Sisters, let us bow our heads in prayer.”
15. The Factory by DrBright
- Where it all began.
14. Metafiction by Voct - a story about stories.
- I don't think we're real.
13. Ecce Peragio by DrBright
- "Hello, Everett. No, no. Sit. Please. It's time that we discussed that promotion you've been jockeying for… Tell me… What's your favorite number?"
12. Acquisition Log SCP-███-█ by Adam Smascher
- [DATA EXPUNGED]
11. Picking by Cherry Pict - A compulsion
- Stop it. Just stop it. You can still stop… Can't you?
10. Critters by Dexanote - A monologue of a cruel godhood.
- "I think they like to sing me to sleep."
9. Badges And Scorecards by Waxx - Through the eyes of a Foundation marksman.
- "There are no monsters. They are all dead."
8. Decency by Gargus - Found in a note left by an agent, a short tale of simple human kindness.
- "Don't overestimate the decency of the human race." - H.L. Mencken
- From what I've tasted of desire…
6. The Lombardi Tales by DrEverettMann
- The slowly growing archive of the life and experiences of Max Lombardi.
5. MS. Found in a Beach House by pooryoric
- A Short, Five Part Series. Check it out.
4. Stratagem by Djoric - In which contingency plans are discussed, over lunch.
- What do you do when things go wrong?
3. That Goddamn Thing by Sorts - Resistance is futile.
- "Memetics is bullshit!…I hate the very word. 'Mmmmeeeeeeem.' I pronounce it 'maim' every time I can because I hate it so much."
2. Incident Mike Echo Seven Alpha by Gnosis - Why the Administrator doesn't show up any more.
- Everyone copes differently with loss…
1. Epitaph by Dr Gears - Iceberg and Gears share some quality conversation
- The price for insight is the burden of knowledge.