This thread is for helping people find pages that they remember reading, but don't remember by name.
Before you post here, ask yourself:
- Have I used the search bar? The search bar is your friend, and is located to the top right of each site page. Try entering a few keywords in at a time, and browsing through the results.
- Have I checked the series lists? Sometimes you can find something by using a search function (Ctrl+F, Command+F, or the like) to go through the series lists (links on the left sidebar, under SCP Database). Try it a few times with keywords.
- Can I go to the chat for this? If you're looking for a quick answer, consider asking in the IRC chatroom.
Things to keep in mind!
- This thread is for asking about existing pages. If you're asking "has this been done before?" because you want to write a new SCP, then make a thread in the General Advice forum to ask about basic ideas, or the Ideas and Brainstorming forum for more detailed, developed ideas.
- Please be patient, and don't bump the thread. If you'd like to add anything to your posts, you can edit your comments using the "edit" function under the "options" tab to the lower right of every comment. That prevents spam buildup!
- If you find that you're waiting far too long, PM a staff member, and we'll help you out.
What additional information can I give that will help searchers? (None of these are required! Just suggestions, if you happen to remember these)
- If you're looking for an SCP, do you remember what numerical range it was in (e.g. series)? This can help narrow down searches if there are a few SCPs that are similar to what you're looking for.
- Do you remember the author of the work, or if it was a rewrite or collaboration?
- If you've already tried a few keyword searches, it's courteous to let readers/helpers know. A statement like "I'm looking for [thing!] and I've tried the keywords [word!], [anotherword!] etc." will help the thread-goers help you!
And of course, if you've got any questions, feel free to post in this thread and/or PM me (Zyn). Happy searching!