Tab "Project Othrys." Any and all feedback is appreciated.
So I tap spacebar a bunch of times and get a fairly creepy story about zombie cyborg supersoldiers. Is the "Submit" button supposed to do anything?
I'm not sure why the format and gimmicks are needed, as it is it is neat but a little confusing.
As for the format thingy, see my post down thread.
a fairly creepy story about zombie cyborg supersoldiers.
Wasn't really going for creepy. More… weird/interesting. Most of it kind of ties into the Olympia Project.
Is it possible for the text to automatically appear? Like an auto-scroll?1 I like the format, the way it scrolls out forces the readers to focus on the text, it's just that I think it is rather tedious for the readers to type all this, and they might just lose interest mid-way and leave.
SCP-2505's gimmick works because it's directly related to the anomaly, and there's not much actual text to use. This is lengthy, and there's no out-of-universe reason for this, so it becomes boring and a pain to read. I wasn't able to finish because of how it was presented.
The format wonkery was mostly just me playing around in wikidot to see if that specific format increased immersion at all (actually feels like you're filling out the form, etc.). Since it seems to only have been causing hassle, I went ahead and removed it. Should be more readable now. :)
I like the idea of this, and how it ties in with both the Olympia Project (one of my favorite underrated tale series on the site), and the AIAD series. I'm reluctant to say that you could get away with posting short-form articles now like the Olympia Project did. You would probably need more meat and content for it in order to get it to fly.
With that said; are you going to add more to this tab? If not and this is the hub, do you have other articles written up to show? Or is this more of a proof-of-concept to see if people would like the idea?
Mostly the latter. I wanted to get this out there to test the waters and to lead into the rest of what I have planned. I do have an idea of where I want to go with this, it may or may not end up being much larger in scope than Olympia was, and I plan on giving my tales a bit more meat than just tests.
A brief bit of pedantry, an aside, and 2 questions to satisfy my curiosity…
1. > Special attention is to be payed
Should be 'paid' not payed
2. It's always been my headcanon that at least some D-Class are synthetics (whether by scientific or anomalous means). I vaguely recall someone writing an SCP with that concept in mind.
3. Given they mythology of (Mount) Othyrys, who are the Titans in this tale?
4. Is there any potential for crossover into Project Resurrection? Just wondering since both the AIAD and Project Olympia crop up in that series, plus there are a few other things connecting a main character in that series to Olympia… If so, a few other things here line up well with what I already suspected about said character.
2. I have a hard time accepting that the Foundation, cold as they are, would create innocent humans for the sole purpose of killing them. But, no-cannon and all.
3. I chose Othyrs because it was the counterpart to Olympus, not specifically for the Titan connection.
4. I'm going to give a solid maybe. The idea had crossed my mind while I was snowballing the concept around in my head a few moths back, but I ended up being indecisive. I plan on not writing this specifically for Resurrection, but I'll keep it open in case I ever want to go that way with it.