So, i haven't been able to write for a while. It's not out of a lack of ideas, or desire, I just seem to fumble things very shortly after getting them off the ground. It's gotten to a very frustrating point. I'm loathe to re-hash old ideas, and with the wealth of entries on the site (along with my own not inconsiderable body of work) it's hard to keep fresh and original.
So, now, I turn to you all for help. I need ideas, people, things i can build off of. I have buckets of creepy pictures, weird effects, and unsettling ideas, but i can't seem to get them to all gel together. I'll post up some of my half-baked musings, and see if they help trigger any good suggestions. In addition, let's hear your fears, phobias, most unwanted ways to die, and any other strange stuff that comes to mind.
Anything you can do to help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Things in Dr. Gears mental junk drawer:
- A big, rusty train, that does…something. Considering some kind of weird internal structure, but it seems too close to SCP-455…
- A large, old, weird home in a isolated location. Initially considered tying in some kind of dream/abduction concept
- Large, underground mechanical device, very very big, in a maze of caves
- Carnivorous Jellyfish
- Something that plays off the "suffocation" concept: the slow, inescapable reduction and shut down of the body, helplessness and such.
- A simple-looking device that causes complex effects when used
- a "living" SCP that plays up the aspect of "Alien Awareness". Motivations, responses to stimulus, and other actions/reactions are totally bizzare/alien and sometimes unpredictable.