This is my first day on the "job", so to speak. They said on the paper that was on the table aside of my bed that they will call me "D-3861" instead of Jacob Nichelson. Huh. Who cares. I thought I was on death row though. Maybe they gave me amnesiacs? I guess so, since I don't remember being transfered here. This place is really weird. I saw doctors, scientists (couldn't really tell the difference between the two though), SWAT units, plenty of weird people. I overheard in a conversation that this place is called S species? S see pee? SCP? I don't know. And I don't care, because there is somebody entering my —
- Get up and follow us. And no tricks. You won't fight well against automatic guns. We've been told the usual routine : terminate you if you don't comply to our orders.
Great. Maybe I wasn't really saved from death row after all, since those two SWAT guys are telling me to get up. I better do so If I dont want to get shred into bits.
After I've followed those two for like 2 minutes, we've arrived in front of a room with a huge metal door, with 2 fellow mates with orange suits practically identical to mine, except to the numbers on the back. There's a yellow poster aside the room reading "SCP-173 (yeah it was indeed SCP that I overheard) - Sentient and violent." I don't like the sound of this. Really fucking not. Once the doors opened, I see a concrete sculpture with red and black paint on what seems like the face. I don't want anymore to enter this. But neither do I want to get "terminated", as this guy said. I decide (not without regret) to enter the room.
- You should never lose eye contact with SCP-173, else we risk a containment breach, which isn't good at all. Simply tell each other before blinking, and everything should be fine.
Guy with SWAT-like armor but white and marine blue said that. He also says that if we run away, we will get terminated. Great. I can either choose to die by a gunshots or by a sculpture. I choose the latter.
This goes on for a few minutes. Everything went well. Phew. I thought I'd die in this stupid room with this stupid concrete sculpture in this stupid building. After the door closed, a scientist came runnin' super fast came to the same guy who gave us the orders. What I overheard from the conversation is "SCP-106" blablabla "breached". Fuck. A containment breach? Just when I barely avoided death, another one escaped.
- Fucking hell. (armored guy takes out his walky talky) Crap, SCP-106 breached containment. Deploy defense system against SCP-106 to avoid even worse containment breach over all the buildings.
- (Speakers) Please remain calm. Normal containment breach 106-2 protocol is to be deployed immediately. I repeat, containment breach 106-2 protocol is to be deployed immediately.
-D-3861, D-3842, D-3795, go to gate D to go to the surface in safet— (loud godzilla-like noise coming from outside - I didn't know that godzilla existed) SHIT! 682 has breached! (takes his walky talky once again) SCP-682 HAS ESCAPED CONTAINMENT! PREPARE THE NUCLEAR WARHEADS!
The warheads? Fuck. I don't want to be involved in this. I guess that this place is stupidly dangerous.
- Have you hear me?! GO!
- C'mon 3861, come with us. Safety in numbers, right?
- I hope so, but I don't think so with all these things that hapenned today.
Fine. I'll follow these guys. Anyways, he's probably right. Safety in numbers. Well, I hope he's right.
- Wait, do any of you guys know where Gate D is?
Both answers in the negative
- Shit. We won't find our way out then. We're gonna die like idiots. I would still prefer death row : faster death…
- Maybe we are gonna be able to. They gave us these GPS-thingies. I see a Gate D sign on the GPS.
- Oh yeah me too. The only problem is, we still need to get there. It says "Gate D : 900m.
We all stop running.
- Okay, what about we walk for a bit?
- Yeah sure, I'm tired too.
That's when we heard it. The crying and the screaming. We heard "NO! PLEASE GOD HELP ME! I DON'T WANT TO DIE! WHY DID I LOOKED AT HIS FACE! NOOOO— *gurgles*"
- Crap. SCP-096.
3795 said that.
- 096? Who is that?
- I don't know, I just know that if you look at his face, you are dead.
- Crap. Is there a second way to go?
- No. Well yes, but we would be almost sure to meet 106. It's one of the most dangerous SCP's here. I'd rather see 096's face then meet this guy.
- Yeah me too.
- So we vote. 106 or 096?
We all voted for 096. So here we go.
- Remember : never look right in front of you. Always look to your shoes. If you see a grey thing that is super tall, look to your shoes. He usually doesn't walk, but when someone sees his face, he can run to up to 100 km/h. Nobody on the planet can run that fast, so don't look at his face.
- So remember : NEVER look in front of yourself.
That's just the beggining though. And when I think this is my first day on the j—
- (Whispers) Okay guys. Since he is seating, we need to look at the wall to pass. When we get to the other side of the hallway, we close the door shut right after we all got in the room. Got it?
Everything went well. We walked past him. Nothing happenned. When I think about that other guy who got killed by that monster.
- Phew. We got passed that thing. Now I understand why I'm here. I deserve death, so here, you are practically almost sure to die. That's why they took me to death row. Although I'm sure to die, my death is not gonna be useless, even though I would still prefer deadly injection to this kind of "job".
Another poster : "SCP-096 - Sentient and violent". I better understand now why this foundation or this building exists.
- This building holds many other monster of that sort, some worse than the others. I've been here for more or less then 20 days. I still have 10 days to go, so I'm potentially the most "experienced" here. We've been passed 096, we still have to deal with 049, potentially 106, 173, 008, 912 and a bunch of others. Right now, we are in 912's territory. This guy is basically a SWAT armor that goes on by itself. If we find a Police Department armor, we could in fact have a invincible body guard, but the chances of finding a PD armor are very low to none.
- Otherwise, if we don't try to attack him, or carry melee weapons or guns, he is innoffensive.
- That's good to know.
No full drafts in the forums, please. Make a sandbox page, put your draft there, and link it from the thread. ~Zyn
Okay, sorry if I end here, I'm just tired and its like 11:30 PM for me so sorry if I stop here. I promise to continue the tale soon :D
Also, if you want me to add your SCP to my tale, I can! I just need to read the SCP to judge it good or not to be added (sorry if you are not added!). This might be like an entire novel just for a containment breach. When I "catch the rythm" when writing a text, it can get quick fricking long. It's hard for me to synthesize things. Hope you enjoyed this short part made in 30 minutes!