And here we are. Finally. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pass out now. Will write more later.
It's somewhat ironic that, as a nominally successful author on this site, I increasingly find myself at a loss for words. Perhaps writing for the site is sapping my "talent", a la the classic 1996 film Space Jam… nope, I still can't say that with a straight face.
I suppose I should start with the beginning. Rather obvious starting point in hindsight, wouldn't you say?
So, with the history lesson out of the way, I suppose I should answer the inevitable question: What exactly is this canon for?
Finally, I'd like to extend my thanks and appreciation to everyone who helped make this canon possible:
- A Random Day, without whom there would be no Third Law, nor an abundance of all caps GOI format articles. You've been an essential part of the development of this canon since before its conception, and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to collaborate with you.
- TyGently, don't discount the importance of your contributions. You've been a constant and valuable source of ideas, criticism, and support for me and for this canon.
- sirpudding, whose input during the MTF contest helped shape the fundamental nature of this canon. Without you and your ideas, both Apotheosis and Third Law wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now.
- Aiden Eldritch, the individual who finally pushed this into official canon status with an excellent cyberpunk tale reminiscent of Snow Crash. Your support and contributions are no less essential for having come later, and I'm glad to have you on board. I look forward to seeing you post Operation Llewyn Dark.
- TwistedGears, who provided the initial impetus that led to me writing PL stuff, and eventually Third Law, and who's criticism during the early stages of the hub planning and world-building pushed this away from being an exclusively PL canon, a change in scope which has only been an improvement.
- Randomini, a bountiful source of inspiration, criticism, and technical help with the finer aspect of CSS.
- Conwell, who I believe has helped critique every tale written for this canon so far. I'd also like to thank you for providing the site with Anderson Robotics, a GOI that has been an amazing addition to the wiki in general, and a source of some amazing stories for this canon.
- Dr Kens, for assistance with some of the technical and aesthetic elements of the CSS theme for this. Also for that kicking rad mock movie poster for Apotheosis you made during the MTF contest.
- minmin, your criticism was invaluable to the tales in this canon.
- Jekeled, your crit was incredibly helpful too.
- Decibelle, for your support and suggestions.
- And to everyone who helped critique a tale or skip or goi-format for Third Law. If your name isn't up there, it's only because I'm terrible at remembering names.
Scientia Potentia Est