I had been playing with the idea of a sentient thought for some time, and I realized the 3000 contest was the perfect time to use the idea. This was a pleasure to write, and I hope everyone enjoys my entry.
I have so many people to thank for this that it would take forever to list all of them. I'm pretty sure everyone in chat has read it at least once, plus all the people on the forums, reddit, and the various discord servers I repped it in, so I want to narrow it down to just the people who I remember significantly helping me in creating this. I'm sure I've forgotten someone though.
- psul - For the huge amount of feedback given on the forums. Honestly, this draft would be nothing if it weren't for you. Hell, you all but wrote this thing practically.
- Dexanote - For partially inspiring this by saying he didn't want a meme to win. So I wrote a literal meme.
- Shaggydredlocks - For reading the first half of the rough draft and encouraging me to keep writing it. And for being immensely helpful in shaping the end of the third iteration. I know I didn't get it to where you wanted it, but I was just having trouble focusing on writing.
- DrMagnus - For being the first person to read the full draft and making me feel it was a draft worth pursuing.
- AbsentmindedNihilist - For assuring me the draft was scary/unsettling enough to be in the 3000 contest
- Cyantreuse - For never actually reading my draft. /s
- And finally, Jack Ike and OZ Ouroboros - For making me feel confident in my final draft.
With all that said, I do have some author commentary/fun facts about my writing of this. If anyone wants to read further: