An idle idea I had while I was archive-binging creepy submissions on a site you should guess fairly quickly.
- We are interested in maximizing acquisitions of SCP-relevant images for inspiration
- And that to this end we have mechanisms in place for storing SCP-relevant images that we are able to store personally, on this site and on the SCPfuel Photobucket pages
- It is an inherent problem of image collection that images that come to the attention of an SCP author have probably also come to the attention of SCP readership, especially as they may tend to frequent similar parts of teh interwebz
- There are some images online1 the artists or photographers of which have made them available for public display but not public possession, by allowing them to be visible but not download-able
- And consequently we are unable to easily save such images in our own storage areas,
- Even though we still may desire to readily access them on account of their potential inspirational value.
- Such images are also less likely to have been broadly circulated, rendering them potentially more creepifying to SCP readers,
- Especially if they come from an extremely broad pool of candidates requiring substantial weeding-out of dregs, where thus far we have little apparent impact2.
- In pursuit of the end of archiving such images where they are3, without replication,
- While still minimizing open connection with this site itself on broader grounds (in accordance with the Meta-Reality Projects and Site Fronts),
- The following steps are proposed:
(1) Creation of an account4 in the name of a Foundation operative, with a log-in and password to be revealed on the Composite Sketches, Illustrations, and Photographs discussion page for open access to members of the wiki
(2) The subsequent accumulation of SCP fodder images in the favorites page of this fictitious user5.
(3) A link provided on the Composite Sketches Etc page, as has been done for the SCPfuel Photobucket(s).
…Would this be worth pursuing, or a waste of time?