How do I post a new Foundation Tale?
Did you read the newbie guide? (That's not a trick question - it's advice.)
Technical guide to posting a Tale:
- Write it up in the sandbox. Get the formatting right. Make sure it's got a rating module even though it won't work in the sandbox.
- Once you like the way it looks and reads, go to the "Add a new page" box at the bottom left and put in a short name for the tale. This will be the file name so no special characters, no colons, don't start it with SCP or an underscore, and don't make it too long. If the name is already used it will be rejected.
- Copy your work in, set the title, save it. Then edit the tags and add "tale".
- Go to the appropriate index page for tales and add it in the correct section. Try not to mess it up.
- Post a link announcing your work in the correct discussion thread - don't make your own thread.
Of course, step #1 involves staring at a screen until your forehead bleeds…
edit: And no, I'm not Senior Staff. Anything any of them says supersedes what I say here.