Hi there! Here is some feedback:
1. I don't think it is good practice on this site to link offsite (wikipedia link to anosmia and mantodea…)
2. Don't have the list of sexual offenses. It's redundant and makes it seem like a non-professional wrote it.
3. It would be cool to have instead of "specially designed breathing apparatus" say "chemical cartridge respirator"… that would be what one would probably actually use in such a situation and would add to the realism of the tone (unless the ingredient of the SCP that causes the problem is not able to be filtered out by activated charcoal, in which case us a SCBA)
4. Does the can need to be "hermetically sealed"? I'd assume the can is good enough at containing it that it can just be stored without being sealed…
5. Leave out "as-yet unidentified"… not necessary and wrong to have in there logically. You don't know if the pheromone is the same as one produced as some "as-yet unidentified" member of the mantodea family, because for all we know, it could be not at all the same as any pheromone produced by any mantis. Just say it is similar in chemical make up as Mantodea pheromones. I like where you are going with this, though! Hmmm… but if the pheromone is like that produced by a mantis, it would probably attract mantises… male mantises. Pheromones tend to be extremely species specific (and within the species, sex specific I think), but I can suspend my disbelief for this. BTW, I like that you imply that the spray introduces genes that result in the pheromone being produced. :D
6. Are ovaries implanted? Or do you mean fertilized eggs… Ovaries are organs… and implanting those would imply them being ripped out of the female which would kill the female. And I don't see how that would help the eggs grow inside the person who sprayed stuff on themselves. I would rewrite it and include something like:
"The subject smelling SCP-XXXX, regardless of whether it is of a viviparous species, will "lay" eggs (maybe talk about their size and shape or have that info hinted at but expunged and how maybe they are different (larger in the case of humans) than what would be expected of the species… like, human eggs are virtually microscopic)" "Eggs are then [EXPUNGED]"
7. I would designate the person wearing the spray as SCP-XXXX-1, the persons smelling the spray as SCP-XXXX-2, and the offspring as SCP-XXXX-3 or something. It would really help identify who is who in the article and lend to clarity, brevity, and being in keeping with the format of other SCP articles.
That's all for now! Good job so far!
BTW, sorry if it seems like I'm trying to hijack your ideas or mold your original vision to my own. I am not at all trying to do that! I am just throwing some ideas out there, because I like your idea and it got my creative juices flowing!