Hey hi hello
Just call me chikadee. I'm 21, from Ohio. I like to call myself a freelance writer but I really haven't gotten anything done yet. I enjoy horror and non-fiction and that's what I intend to write. I'm a master of the English language so if you need anyone to proof read or need some editing help, let me know.
I can ramble on for hours about horror movies. It's actually the topic (well the horror genre in general) of one of the books I know I definitely want to write. The other ideas I have are just based on some nightmares I had and this copypasta I once read "The 200 Phenomenon of Calgary". I wanted to expand on it and bring a character into it who actually explores those. I was having trouble with how I wanted to do it. I have a bunch of word docs of things started and a lot of notes here and there in different journals or pieces of paper, so part of the reason I joined was to help build up my portfolio.
Wow that was a grossly terribly written paragraph. My apologies.
I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling so I apologize ahead of time if one of the first things I reply with is a correction. I try hard not to be a dick about it. Nothing makes me more peeved than any kind of shortening or misspellings in things such as e-mails, Facebook status updates, message board posts, blog posts, etc. Text messaging and other things where characters are limited I can understand. I also have built up a tolerance to spoken colloquialisms as there isn't really much you can do to make someone stop using double negatives and forgoing the use of "ain't."
Well, here's a quick run down of stuff about me:
- My three favorite animals in this order: sloths, cats, llamas/alpacas. I own a cat. She is my baby. Her name is Evie.
- I do not go to school but I would like to. I'm split between an English teacher or a psychologist specializing in PTSD, schizophrenia in children and teens, and eating disorders.
- I have borderline personality disorder comorbid with bipolar disorder, PTSD, and anxiety/crippling social anxiety. So if you ever need more information on specifics about mental health or what a REAL psych ward is like, let me know and I will give you all the details. I don't have a problem talking about any of it. Also in recovery from an eating disorder and self injury. (Recently hit my 100 days cut-free mark. Yay.)
- I used to play percussion but I was never good at it. I mostly like punk and ska. I rarely listen to new music.
- I spend most of my day reading, playing video games, hanging around on Tumblr, just general dickery on the Internet.
- I have no friends here in Ohio. (The social anxiety really is crippling)
- It's literally impossible to offend me. I have a dry, sardonic, and occasionally immature sense of humor. Offensive by normal standards as well but I keep that in check. I have a great fondness for puns.
- I don't have cable TV but I watch my shows online so don't ask me if I've seen the latest episode of something because I probably haven't. I rarely watch any new shows. I'm very picky about my TV and movies. My guilty pleasures: Toddlers & Tiaras, Jersey Shore.
- I don't judge. I have loose morals. I strongly believe all (absolutely all) morals are relative.
- I have three piercings: Septum, inverted labret, tongue.
- I have three tattoos: Left inner forearm- "Everything will be okay" below that "1. Stop 2. Breathe 3. Think" has not as helpful as I had hoped. Right forearm - zombie waitress, full color. Right shoulder/chest zombified flesh, need to get it colored. Feel free to ask for pictures on any of them.
- I'm very self-deprecating.
- I REALLY love zombies.
This is getting exhaustive and I don't think anyone really cares to know so much about someone so I will end it there.
I look forward to getting into the community and even writing my own SCP one day.
EDIT I also really like comic books.
Another thing I have obscene knowledge about: conspiracies. I know the history of the Freemasons. I'm also a master of Google.