Evening, all. After a bit of time working and tweaking my first article in the sandbox, I believe I'm ready to open it up to public critique. Please give it a read if you can and give me as much feedback as you feel like giving. It'd be nice to have a first-time SCP article that didn't tank. Thanks in advance!
I would like to know what constitutes as 'above'.
Is it based on the surface the amulet is on?
The center of earths gravity?
The orientation of the amulet?
What would happen if the carrier were standing on his head?
Nice picture, I am also liking this idea but it needs some cleaning up.
1) Don't censor expletives. It doesn't impress anyone, and starts up rage in others. Its better just to leave them in.
2) Be careful with the 05 references. They will be scrutinized harshly. I think most of your addendums could easily be designated as Level 3 or 4.
3) Why did they have to make the precinct into a site? Couldn't they use a robot to retrieve the necklace and bring it back? Perhaps Dr. North's accident occured during deposition in a secured vault at Site 19.
4) I'm not sure the second picture adds anything to the article.
A possible addition to the article could be a contingency plan (or the lack thereof) if Dr. North dies before signaling the Foundation of the location.
I would also think it would be better to include some of the protesting mentioned at the end of the interview. Summarize when Thaddeus disappears.
Hope this helps
1) Got it. Will change.
2) Sounds good. I'll review the security levels and change as-needed.
3) Admittedly, I hadn't thought of that. Great point, will fix.
4) The man sitting on the right of the bus/trolley is wearing earbuds. Perhaps if I made that more clear? Based on the age of the photo and the style of dress of those photographed, I thought it would be a bit more convincing. Maybe I could circle it. Or remove it all together — input for this would be much appreciated!
And yes! Wonderful critique, friend, I greatly appreciate it. I'll tend to the article as soon as I get to my desktop. Much obliged!