So, generally speaking, what scares you? Perhaps, on the other side of things, what doesn't scare you? Are there things that don't scare you, but nonetheless freak you out in a different way?
Things I'm afraid of:
- Things it's impossible to effectively run away from
- Starvation. I can't even think about the game Don't Starve without getting antsy.
- Any body of water I can't see the bottom of. This is why, even though I live in California, I do not go to the beach.
- Needles. I have to hold my husbands hand and look away and be clenching my fist and everything just to get my blood drawn.
- Kitchen knives. Both because of a traumatic incident with one when I was 12, and because even with my medication I'm sometimes afraid of what I might do to myself with one for literally no other reason than that I have an irrational and unprompted urge to do so.
- Being forced to go off my medication. My brain is pre-programmed to want to commit suicide. There's no rhyme or reason behind it. There's never been a rhyme or reason behind it. No longer being alive is just a goal in and of itself, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.
Things I'm not scared of:
- Descriptions of gore. Didn't realise just how desensitised I am to it until I watched an LP of Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.
- Darkness and solitude. For some reason those two things together are really comforting to me.
- Pain. It's just kind of always been a chronic fact of life for me, so it's not that big a deal. My pain tolerance is through the roof enough I hardly even bother with painkillers after a major surgery.
- Teeth, but oh sweet Thoth do they squick me the hell out. I do not like looking at pictures of teeth. I do not like contemplating teeth. I do not like touching teeth or reading about teeth or hearing about teeth. Going to the dentist is always an intensely uncomfortable experience.
Piffy is an SCP Foundation Moderator, Lv. 9001 Squishy Wizard, and Knight of the Red Pen.