I Thought You Died Alone
rating: +171+x

> To: Santosh Desai (pcs.52a|iaseds#pcs.52a|iaseds)
> From: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> Subject: Movie?


Hi Santosh,
I haven't seen you in a while and was wondering what you're up to. Interested in seeing a movie on Friday?

Best,
Arvind

> To: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> From: Santosh Desai (pcs.52a|iaseds#pcs.52a|iaseds)
> Subject: RE: Movie?


I'm busy that day.

Santosh


Excerpt from Bowe Commission Probablistic Risk Assessment of "Project Able"
Authored by Dr. Lara Aritza, Dr. Janet Byrnes, Dr. Kain Crow, Dr. Arvind Desai, Dr. Reginald Topher, Alpha-1 Alpha Romeo (Mobile Task Force Leader)

… Although SCP-076-2's violent, capricious, and sociopathic nature presents a severe risk to Omega-7 personnel, we consider it unlikely that Omega-7 will experience this kind of internal conflict, assuming that the Task Force completes at least one mission per week. Further safeguards are discussed in Section 7A…

…SCP-105, although still in adolescence, is clearly willing to work with the Foundation to contain anomalies. Its ability to influence events from long-range would strongly benefit applications such as espionage, reconnaissance, and direct conflict with anomalies…

…Given the current state of affairs, this probabilistic risk assessment has deemed the usage of anomalous objects within Mobile Task Force Omega-7 "Pandora's Box" to fall within acceptable operating parameters. Omega-7 is cleared to operate from a risk assessment standpoint…

Postscript: Congratulations to all members of Pandora's Box. You are the first of a new breed of defenders. The world has changed a great deal since the inception of the Foundation. Where once we contained, now we must exploit. Anomalies are becoming more dangerous, more widespread, and more common. Once, we were static, reacting to threats. With the formation of Mobile Task Force Omega-7, we are proactive. Not only will the Foundation contain anomalies, but we will contain them before they can become anomalies. We wish the best of luck to all members of Pandora's Box.


CONTAINMENT FATALITY

On 5/27/██, all personnel at Containment Area-25 were killed when the nuclear warhead countermeasure was activated in order to contain a severe containment breach caused by SCP-076-2.

At the time, SCP-076-2 was a part of Mobile Task Force Omega-7, but had not been assigned to a mission in at least █ months. To help alleviate its increasingly destructive activities, SCP-076-2 was introduced to SCP-████ to see if its psychic capabilities could be used to calm SCP-076.

However, upon contact with SCP-076-2, SCP-████ caused the immediate disintegration of SCP-076-2's explosive collar, enabling it to rampage through the site, killing numerous personnel as well as releasing SCP-████ from containment. Proper containment measures could not be established as most of the surviving personnel had been recently transferred and were still unfamiliar with Area-25's evacuation protocols. Keter Containment Specialist Santosh Desai activated the nuclear warhead countermeasure before dying to SCP-████'s cognitohazardous effect. All personnel on site were killed, but SCP-076-2 and SCP-████ were contained successfully. Desai was awarded a posthumous Foundation Star for his act of bravery.

BEST PRACTICES:

  • Take it upon yourself to always be up-to-date on site and area safety protocols.

> To: Santosh Desai (pcs.52a|iaseds#pcs.52a|iaseds)
> From: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> Subject: Lunch?


Hi Santosh,

We haven't talked in a while and I was hoping to catch up. I hear you have a girl friend now? I'd love to hear all about it. Is she pretty? What's her name? I looked at your schedule; you're free from 1-3 PM on Thursday, so I was thinking we could have lunch then. You can pick the restaurant?

Love,
Arvind

> To: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> From: Santosh Desai (pcs.52a|iaseds#pcs.52a|iaseds)
> Subject: RE: Lunch?


I'm busy that day.

Santosh


Armament Testing Range, Site-42
REGISTRY LOG

10:23:45 07/16/14: Entry: Weapon Technicians S. Feretti, R. Trellis

10:51:17 07/16/14: Entry: Emergency Services K. Appleton, M. Daniels, R. Dorian, L. Feehrer, F. Fiskerton, M. Manson, N. O'Flaherty, J. Spinelli, K. Venkatraman, F. al-Zahed

10:55:32 07/16/14: Entry: Site Director A. Desai

11:05:43 07/16/14: Exit: Emergency Services K. Appleton, M. Daniels, R. Dorian, L. Feehrer, F. Fiskerton, M. Manson, N. O'Flaherty, J. Spinelli, K. Venkatraman, F. al-Zahed ; Site Director A. Desai; Weapon Technicians A. Aardman, S. Feretti, J. Maxwell, N. Perkins, R. Trellis,

Level II Armory, Site-42
REGISTRY LOG

11:20:04 07/17/14: Entry: Site Director A. Desai
11:21:09 07/17/14: Exit: Site Director A. Desai


> To: Maria Jones (pcs.asiar|senojm#pcs.asiar|senojm)
> From: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> Subject: Site 42 Armory Authorization


Hi Maria,

As you may have heard, five weapons technicians were killed yesterday in an accident at Site-42's weapons testing lab. The cause of the accident was determined to be a malfunction in a MARK IV Gluon Separator, a prototype weapon that I had shelved almost a decade ago. It was sitting in the armory under Level 4 clearance until yesterday.

Two of the technicians involved, Rudolf Trellis and Shin Feretti, somehow received clearance to access the device. They were Level 2 technicians. I didn't authorize this and I haven't heard anything about reviving that project. Would you be kind enough to take a look at the records and tell me who authorized them?

Thank you,
Arvind Desai
Site Director, Site 42

> To: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> From: Maria Jones (pcs.asiar|senojm#pcs.asiar|senojm)
> Bcc: O5-7 (pcs.10|7o#pcs.10|7o), O5-10 (pcs.10|01o#pcs.10|01o)
> Subject: RE: Site 42 Armory Authorization


Hi Arvind,

There's no record of Rudolf Trellis or Shin Feretti being authorized to access the device. If you're positive that it was those two, I'll talk to the IT department, the Director of Task Forces, and get MTF Beta-1 to look into it. How does that sound?

Best,
Maria Jones
Director, RAISA

> To: Maria Jones (pcs.asiar|senojm#pcs.asiar|senojm)
> From: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> Subject: RE: RE: Site 42 Armory Authorization


Hi Maria,

I'm quite positive; the logs do not lie. I had to pull three prototype Scranton anchors out of storage to keep the lab and half of the continent from disintegrating into their component quarks. Please contact me as soon as you hear anything, or have Beta-1 contact me if they find anything. I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Arvind Desai
Site Director, Site-42

> To: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> From: O5-7 (pcs.10|7o#pcs.10|7o) FLAGGED TOP PRIORITY: MEMETIC ENCRYPTION UNSCRAMBLED
> Bcc: Maria Jones (pcs.asiar|senojm#pcs.asiar|senojm), O5-10 (pcs.10|01o#pcs.10|01o)
> Subject: RE: RE: RE: Site-42 Armory Authorization


Dr. Desai,
I would like to meet with you to discuss this issue. We will conduct a video conference tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 exactly. To connect to me, log onto Foundation VideoChat and join the server at address 125.34.0.51234372. Enter the password "555qU!pedaLiAn_ecL7Pse_@p0cAl!p+0_g3ner!c" exactly as shown.

-O5-7


> To: Santosh Desai (pcs.52a|iaseds#pcs.52a|iaseds)
> From: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> Subject: Visit?


Hi Santosh,

I haven't seen you in several months, and wanted to visit. You're going to be on vacation next week so I was thinking I could stop by then. I just want to spend some time with my son. I love you.

Love,
Arvind

> To: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> From: Santosh Desai (pcs.52a|iaseds#pcs.52a|iaseds)
> Subject: RE: Visit?


Mum can visit.

Santosh


> To: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> From: Janet Byrnes (pcs.scihte|senrybj#pcs.scihte|senrybj)
> Subject: RE: Alpha-9 Whistleblower Protection


Dear Arvind,

Your request for whistleblower protection regarding Mobile Task Force Alpha-9 has been reviewed and denied on the grounds that there is nothing to blow the whistle on. All aspects of Alpha-9 were reviewed by the Ethics Committee already, otherwise it wouldn't exist at all.

I know you're thinking about Santosh's death. Please don't dwell on the past. It won't bring him back. I know this email doesn't touch on nearly as many things as it should, so I'd like to sit down with you sometime and talk about this entire issue. Talk like old times. How does lunch Thursday sound?

Best,
Janet Byrnes
Director, Ethics Committee


> To: gro.nu.cog|tairatercesrednu#gro.nu.cog|tairatercesrednu
> From: ten.adwa2q|Ddad932a#ten.adwa2q|Ddad932a
> Subject: Foundation Whistleblower Seeking Sanctuary


To the Global Occult Coalition Undersecretary,

I have stolen an anomalous item and am using it to ensure that this transmission will not be noticed. I have information that may be of use to the Global Occult Coalition regarding activities of the SCP Foundation and wish to claim whistleblower protection.

One week ago, two technicians were ordered to test a shelved prototype weapon in Foundation Site-42. The device promptly malfunctioned, exploded, killed the testers and three other innocent technicians, and may result in the disintegration of a 500,000 square-meter testing facility. I recently had a conversation with O5-7 (one of the leaders of the Foundation), who explained that she wished to use the weapon in Project Resurrection, which is an attempt to recreate a defunct Foundation special forces group that utilized anomalous SCP objects (see the attached document for more information).

Mobile Task Force Omega-7 resulted in the nuclear destruction of entire Sites, the release of numerous potentially world-ending anomalies, and caused reality itself to fundamentally change through the actions of just two or three different maniacs. Now the Foundation is trying to recreate this disastrous endeavor through Mobile Task Force Alpha-9. I have already tried to stop this from the inside but nobody will listen, forcing me to turn to the GOC. I will relay as much information to the GOC as I can regarding this project whenever possible.

- ARD


> To: ten.adwa2q|Ddad932a#ten.adwa2q|Ddad932a
> From: gro.nu.cog|tairatercesrednu#gro.nu.cog|tairatercesrednu
> Subject: RE: Foundation Whistleblower Seeking Sanctuary


Prove that you are not a double agent.

> To: gro.nu.cog|tairatercesrednu#gro.nu.cog|tairatercesrednu
> From: ten.adwa2q|Ddad932a#ten.adwa2q|Ddad932a
> Subject: RE: RE: Foundation Whistleblower Seeking Sanctuary


Attached is a file containing significant portions of the Foundation's documentation of the Global Occult Coalition.
It is up to you to decide if this is sufficient proof. At the very least, it will give you more information regarding your interactions with the Foundation.

As I acquire more information regarding Alpha-9, I will pass it on to you.
ARD

> To: ten.adwa2q|Ddad932a#ten.adwa2q|Ddad932a
> From: gro.nu.cog|tairatercesrednu#gro.nu.cog|tairatercesrednu
> Subject: RE: RE: RE: Foundation Whistleblower Seeking Sanctuary


You have been granted probationary undercover operative status under the codename Cuckoo. We await further information.


> To: Janet Byrnes (pcs.scihte|senrybj#pcs.scihte|senrybj)
> From: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> Subject: Thank You for Lunch


Dear Janet,

Thank you for lunch. It was terrific, but not as much as our discussion.
You are right. Santosh may be gone, but I can honor him by doing my best to uphold the Foundation's mission. He died to protect the world, and I will not let that sacrifice be in vain.

I have spent the day thinking about it, and I am rescinding my concerns about Mobile Task Force Alpha-9. At the very least, I can help guide it and keep us from repeating the mistakes of the past. I will be speaking with O5-7 about how I can help.

Again, I greatly appreciated our lunch. You were right about what you said; I just needed an outside perspective. The world truly has changed, but I've been too caught up to see it. I look forward to working on this with you. Mobile Task Force Alpha-9 may truly be our last hope.

Thank you,
Arvind


> To: Santosh Desai (pcs.52a|iaseds#pcs.52a|iaseds)
> From: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> Subject: RE: RE: Visit?


Santosh,

Why will you not let me see my own son?
Are you spiting your own father?
I love you.
Arvind

> To: Arvind Desai (pcs.24|iaseda#pcs.24|iaseda)
> From: Santosh Desai (pcs.52a|iaseds#pcs.52a|iaseds)
> Subject: RE: RE: RE: Visit?


Yes.

Santosh

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License