Israfil
rating: +151+x

I don't know nothin' about it. I just shut the window.

I ain't kiddin', neither. I sit and I wait and when the light turns red, I shut the window. Been doin' that for… Hell, I dunno. Long ass time. Couple years for sure. Oh! I do know the item number. Five-Seven-Nine. But that's it.

I dunno what it is, and I don't wanna. I just shut the window.

There's nothing to know. I sit in my cube and I read books and play some games sometimes. Don't even have to leave for lunch or to rock a piss or nothin'. Heh… I shits where I sits. No joke, they got everyone decked out like that, and it's pretty cushy. Most of the time nothing happens. I don't even think I had to shut the window for… Hell, I dunno. Long ass time. Couple of years for sure. Oh! I do know the item number. Five-Seven-Nine. But that's it.

I dunno what it is, and I don't wanna. I just shut the window.

Been here longer than anyone else I know. Sometimes after shift, they come up to me and say "hey, we're goin' for a drink, you wanna come." And I says "sure", cuz I'm a nice guy like that. We go over to the on-site bar and we have a couple drinks. Everyone talks about family and kids and what they're doing it for. I ain't got a family. I tells them they're all my family and they chuckle. Chuck L.! That's my name! I say it's cuz I laugh so much. At games. At TV. At jokes. Jokes are funny. But that thing they got me doin'? That's not funny. Lucky, I haven't seen it for… Hell, I dunno. Long ass time. Couple of years for sure. Oh! I do know the item number. Five-Seven-Nine. But that's it.

I dunno what it is… I did once, but I don't wanna. Not anymore. I just shut the window.

The others? I don't know. Sometimes they talk about what they do, even though it ain't right. It's against the rules. They know that, too. They say "We all got clearance, what's the harm?" There was a lady named Jaimie who wanted to know that I shut the window. But I didn't say. It's okay to tell you, right? I told people… I told people they were sharing. They were telling each other the things they did, and it's not right. It's not… You're not supposed to know what the other person does. It's against the rules. And they knew that, too! When everyone said what they did, something bad happened. I'm glad I said something when I did or it coulda been real bad. It ain't been that bad for… Hell, I dunno. Long ass time. Couple of years for sure. Oh! I do know the item number. Five-Seven-Nine. But that's it.

I… I knew what it was once, but I don't wanna. Not anymore. I just shut the window.

I didn't see Jaimie after that. It's better this way, though. Some things… Some things I ain't never gonna forget. No matter how many times I get dosed, no matter how dumb I get. Yeah, I know I ain't bright. I weren't never bright. Heh heh heh. Bright, like Dr. Bright! That's funny. I like to laugh. Like to chuckle. Chuck L.! That's my name! I say it's cuz I laugh so much. There's a lot to laugh about in this world. That's what I like. I like funny jokes and sunny days. I like to go outside when I'm off and feel the grass on my feet. It reminds me… It reminds me how important it is that I keep doing this. Because of things like… Things like this thing they got me watchin'… Because if I don't do this, I don't… I don't wanna know. I do know the item number. SCP-579. But that's all.

I did know once, but I don't want to. Not anymore or ever again. I just shut the window.

And I've heard other parts of the process. It's not pretty. A lot of it is very mundane, but there's this one guy who shuts a door, and behind that door are about 500 people, sometimes more, and most of the time they don't come back out when it's over and we get the all-clear. Jesus I'm getting lucid. You said I can't have any more pills, eh? I'd really like some. I haven't been this together in… Hell, I dunno. Long ass time. Five years for sure, maybe longer. It's hard when there are all these patches missing. Oh! I do know the item number. SCP-579. But that's all. That's all I know about it.

That's all I know and that's all I wanna—

…Shit.

Pardon me, but this is a restricted area. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. No, it ain't strictly required but… Don't argue, just go. God help you if you don't. Heh heheheh! HA-HA! God! That's funny. I do like to laugh. "Chuckle" they call me, behind my back when they think I ain't listenin'. I know our session ain't over, but that's okay. You'll end it yourself in a second when it hits you. …Yep, there you go. Feel that behind the eyes? Yeah… Too late now. Put that helmet on and don't take it off until I take it off for you. YES it's important. Trust me. You don't wanna see it. You don't wanna know.

Hell, I don't wanna know, but I know. Been a while since this happened. Loooong ass time. Five years at least, probably more. SCP-579 doesn't try to break containment often, but when it does…

Nevermind. You don't have to think about it.

Because I'm here. And I shut the window.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License