KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes
rating: +223+x

Threat Entity Database Entry

Note: This document is classified SANGUINE CAPRICORN GIMEL under Secret UN Security Resolution 187. Unauthorized viewing is a felony under international law.

Threat ID:
KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes "The King's Spears"

Authorized Response Level:
4 (Severe Threat)

SPEAR.jpg

Component KTE-2013-Alfa-Kapala-Mendes-Freud

Description:

Artifact is a set of seven short spears which appear to have been crudely fashioned out of raw iron. When in close proximity, the artifact generates an extradimensional portal of a size and stability proportionate to the number of component spears present. Six spears generate a portal large enough to allow passage of entities larger than humans, and which may last for hours; four or five spears are sufficient to create a humanoid-sized aperture for approximately an hour. Three spears creates a portal sufficient to allow a child-sized entity through, and will last only minutes. Two spears can create micro-portals which last only seconds; they are, however, sufficient to cause harmful chemical and temperature changes in their vicinity, and may pass insect- or microbial-scale entities.

Threat entities collectively known as KTE-2032-Ragweed-Mendes ("The King's Demons") may emerge from these portals. Said entities are highly variable in appearance and capabilities, but all appear unilaterally hostile.

It is believed that if all of the component artifacts were reunited with appropriate rituals, either a portal powerful enough to allow PTE-616-Mendes-Ex-Machina ("The Scarlet King") entrance to our reality, or the generation of a threat entity similar to KTE-216-Black-Mendeschild ("The Seventh Bride") would result. This outcome would likely be disastrous, potentially requiring the implementation of Procedure Pizzicato.

Each of the component spears share the following capabilities:

  • The generation of small quantities of human and porcine blood on their surfaces and in their immediate environment
  • The infliction of nightmares, anxiety disorders, and in cases of long-term exposure, phobias and hallucinations, in individuals within close proximity
  • The infliction of a fast-acting hemorrhagic disease that typically proves fatal within a few days when used to pierce the skin of a living individual.
  • The infliction of a possession state upon physical contact. Each component seems to house or channel the consciousness of a powerful KTE-2032-Ragweed-Mendes entity, which takes irrevocable control of the wielder's faculties. All possessing entities appear to share the goal of acquiring the other component spears.

Each component spear also possesses properties unique to it. Said properties are described below.

  • KTE-2013-Alfa-Kapala-Mendes-Freud (hereafter referred to as KTE-2013-Alfa) when used to pierce the skin of an individual, will create a trance-like state in the victim. The wielder of the spear may then verbally command the victim. The wounds caused by the spear still inflict a debilitating and typically fatal hemorrhagic illness. The possessing entity has identified itself as 'Rama-Vaduk' ('the Glorious') and exhibits narcissistic and histrionic behaviors verging on delusion.
  • KTE-2013-Bravo-Kapala-Mendes-Lovelock (hereafter referred to as KTE-2013-Bravo) possesses the ability to transform any water it comes into contact to into blood (at a rate of approximately 10 gallons per second). Various vermin species, including insects and rodents, are attracted to the artifact, often in improbably great numbers. Upon congregating around the artifact, said animals will begin to drag or carry the spear in the direction of the other component spears. The possessing entity has identified itself as 'Amana-Kifenn' ('the Noisome'), and appears to suffer from a psychosis resembling hebephrenic schizophrenia. The insects that the component attracts tend to swarm this entity violently.
  • KTE-2013-Charlie-Kapala-Mendes-Plague (hereafter referred to as KTE-2013-Charlie) when held, may inflict the hemorrhagic disease typical of wounds inflicted by it on individuals within close proximity. In addition, the holder tends to vocalize uncontrollably: while most vocalizations are nonsense or mish-mashes of dead languages, approximately 2% are dangerous auditory cognitohazards. In addition, both the inflicted hemorrhagic disease and the cognitohazard are contagious (the former micro-biologically, the latter memetically), though with a low transmission rate. Due to these properties, the name and nature of the possessing entity is presently unknown.
  • KTE-2013-Delta-Kapala-Mendes-Caliburn (hereafter referred to as KTE-2013-Delta) inflicts an accelerated form of the hemorrhagic illness when used to puncture an individuals skin, killing the victim in minutes, rather than days. The possessing entity is violently psychotic and largely incoherent, but has identified itself as 'Karal-ba' (further titles unknown).
  • KTE-2013-Echo-Kapala-Mendes-Green (hereafter referred to as KTE-2013-Echo) grants the wielder the abilities of a low-level Type Green entity- most notably pyrokinesis, levitation and the infliction of hallucinations. In addition, the spear seems to power the abilities by draining energy from the wielder, causing crippling muscle atrophy and eventually fatal multiple organ system failure. No wielder has survived longer than one week. The possessing entity has identified itself as 'Toth-ner' ('the Broken'), and seems to possess the unstable, malignant megalomania one typically finds in late-stage Type Green entities.
  • KTE-2013-Foxtrot-Kapala-Mendes-Spiral (hereafter referred to as KTE-2013-Foxtrot) allows the wielder to open a form of extradimensional aperture allowing instantaneous travel. Said portals appear as a wall of fire and roiling shadowy substance, and any individual using said portal other than the wielder is instantly killed by it. The name and nature of the possessing entity are unknown, as the wielder will not speak after picking up the object. They will, however, attempt immediately to gather the other component spears using the created portals.
  • The properties of KTE-2013-Golf-Kapala-Mendes are currently unknown.

Rules of Engagement:

Components of KTE-2013 have proven resistant to both mundane and thaumaturgic attempts to liquidate them. Any users or cultists in possession of unrecovered component spears are to be immediately liquidated.

Direct physical contact with components of KTE-2013 is to be strenuously avoided. Agents who make physical contact with the artifact components are to be assumed compromised, and immediately liquidated.

An arrangement has been reached under SANGUINE CAPRICORN GIMEL with the Foundation for the long-term containment of KTE-2013 components until such a time as they can be liquidated. The Foundation is storing the artifact components as 'Blackbox' items, and has agreed to turn them over to Coalition agents if an effective method for liquidation is discovered.

History:

Six of seven KTE-2013 components were recovered by the Foundation from a raid upon a group of GROUP MENDES cultists ("Children of the Scarlet King") which also recovered KTE-2016-Black-Mendeschild ("The Seventh Bride"). The seventh component, KTE-2013-Golf, is believed to still be in the possession of GROUP MENDES.

PHYSICS Division Assessment Team 721 "Lazy Wolf" background report regarding GROUP MENDES

Compiled by: Team Leader "Bugs" 18212066/721

This report is a summary of all information gleaned during a sixteen month investigation into the anomalous religious organization known as the Children of the Scarlet King, code-named GROUP MENDES. During the first four and a half months, our team identified and located six extant cells of GROUP MENDES, three in North America, two in Eastern Europe, and one in Northern Africa. We also traced the funding of these cells during this time: GROUP MENDES assets are primarily collected from low-level members, but the organization has several wealthy backers- see the attached statements.

We then began an eleven and a half month operation to monitor all six cells as thoroughly as possible; two of our member with undercover experience (Operatives "Henpeck" and "Wookie") were implanted in what is presently believed to be the original cell, as well as the largest, in the state of Alabama, USA. Operative "Hobo" remained as their handler. The unit was split in three teams of two: electronic surveillance was set up in California (operatives "Wooly" and "Uggo"), and Britain (operatives "Poppa" and "Ralph") and the other three locations, in Louisiana, France, and Egypt, were monitored by the unit's Type Blue assets ("Sparkles" and "Prankster") via scrying.

Our findings were immediately concerning. In addition to wealthy benefactors, GROUP MENDES had obvious links to certain extremist paranormal groups (though it should be noted that the organization is largely shunned). The group also displayed a disturbing set of dogma: while the outer circle presents itself as a standard right-wing Millenialist fire-and-brimstone Christian church, the inner circle has a philosophy of enlightenment through violation, and an eschatology involving Satan (the eponymous Scarlet King; while the entity is not currently believed to be the Judeo-Christian deity, it has been thoroughly conflated with the 'Prince of Darkness') winning the battle of Armageddon, destroying the earth, and rewarding the faithful with rulership over the subsequent hellscape. GROUP MENDES is composed of the kind of psychopathic demon-worshipers that media hysteria in the eighties seemed to invent; and worst, they possess fragments of paranormal knowledge, and potentially one or more parathreat artifacts or entities, if stories of 'miracles' are to be believed.

A rough estimate puts the number of GROUP MENDES cultists at around eight thousand, a quarter of whom belong to the main branch in Alabama. They surround themselves with dupes, however: the fundamentalist Christian outer circle is composed of around sixty thousand, more than a third of whom attend churches and church functions associated with the main branch. Further, the outer circle of the church tends to be 'Second Amendment Activists' in America, and have a dogmatic, paranoid belief in the need to defend themselves from secular governmental authorities. Inner circle members have stockpiled weapons, money, influence, and potentially parathreat artifacts over the course of several years. Covert liquidation of GROUP MENDES would be almost impossible.

Also: there has been recent activity in the main branch, apparently related to some prophecy or scripture than Operatives Henpeck and Wookie were not made aware of. A number of high-ranking cult members, along with several cultists suspected of being low-level Type Blue threat entities, have left for an undisclosed location.

Operative Wookie reports seeing several items- apparently rusted metal staves, potentially ritual implements- being loaded into a van. The significance of this is presently unknown. Shortly afterward, Operative Prankster reported that his surveillance had been compromised through thaumaturgic means, and all assets were withdrawn.

A Foundation agent made physical contact with one of the component spears, and subsequently acquired the other components and fled. Said agent was liquidated by Coalition forces in Johannesburg, South Africa (see File LTE-1206-Green-Mendeschild) along with a number of KTE-2032-Ragweed-Mendes entities. Component artifacts subsequently recovered. One of the Strike Team agents made contact with KTE-2013-Delta, however, and subsequently assaulted and killed two team-mates before being liquidated.

PHYSICS Division Post-Liquidation (LTE-1206-Green-Mendeschild) Debriefing

Debriefing Agent: Colonel Marcus Gorman, PHYSICS Division Command
Operative Debriefed: Strike Team 0912 "Burning Bush" Team Leader, "Fester"

Gorman: First of all, how are you, son? You doing all right?

Fester: Skip it. Lets get this over with.

Gorman: …Alright. You got an alert from PHYSICS monitoring at, let's see… oh-eight-hundred hours.

Fester: Yeah. Blood-covered guy, spotted flying in a Johannesburg slum. We rolled out. Got to J-town around eleven hundred hours. Light load-out. Grey suit, stealth and first-strike capability. We didn't know about the spears, at this point. We thought it was some wonky Type Green.

Gorman: Alright. You arrived in Johannesburg…

Fester: We went through the slum where the PTE had been seen. Standard recon- VERITAS imaging with a stealthed drone. We found something. EVE was dark, fluctuating fast, high-magnitude output- several kiloCaspers, at least. It was in this condemned tenement building- nasty place, wiring all torn out of the walls, rats everywhere. Hot, too. Hot day in J-town, even hotter in that dark, muggy maze of a building. We found it in one of the apartments; all the walls had been knocked out, so it was this wide open space, and the floors were covered in debris. Plaster lumps, wood fragments. The threat entity was floating about four feet off the ground.

Gorman: Can you describe it, please?

Fester: A man. In dark clothing. What had been dark clothing, that is. It was torn, rotted, bloody. It had a half-dozen spikes driven through it- the artifacts we recovered. They were driven through its torso, in a pattern- like they were fanning out of it. The hafts of the spears, I mean. It was grinning, laughing. Its voice was thick, though, choked. Blood was coming out of its mouth.

Gorman: What happened next?

Fester: The entity saw us. The Grey Suits didn't do shit. It looked right at us and laughed.

Gorman: Did it say anything?

Fester: Yeah. 'Come to kill us?' It kept referring to itself with the plural. 'We are the sons of the king. We are legion.' Then it gestured- there were these, like, glimmers of darkness floating around it- like whisps of smoke. It moved its hand in some kind of ritual gesture, and those whisps came together. Turned into a portal.

Gorman: What did the portal look like?

Fester: Round, nine or ten feet in diameter. Dark, like heavy smoke, but with this red glow coming through it. Like the fire the smoke was coming from. It was moving, like a whirlpool.

Gorman: That's when the KTE-2032 entities emerged?

Fester: Yeah. First one out came like a shot. It was that weird, beaked lizard-wolf-octopus thing. Went for Wilson- I mean, Glassman. Fuck, it was fast. We opened up, but I don't think any of us managed to hit it before it was on Glassman, tearing into his leg. Those tentacles wrapping around his body, sizzling. Wouldn't have made a difference, anyway. We thought we were coming to hit a Type Green. Our weapons weren't loaded with banishment rounds. I figured that out when I put a burst through the thing's torso and it didn't flinch. I ejected my magazine and went for my demon-killers, but the thing already had Glassman on the ground. Tearing at him. Another one came out of the portal, as well. That big floating thing, with the cow skull. It let out this noise like, like white noise, and gestured, and the thing on Glassman came away. Looked where the other thing was pointing- at me. It started coming at me- I managed to get the mag in just in time. I put a burst through the thing, through its skull, just as it pounced. It hit me- bore me to the ground. But it was already dead. Those things don't leave much of a body, you know? As soon as I hit the floor, it started disintegrating on top of me. I could get up in just a second- covered in this stinking goop, but I was mobile. But in those couple of seconds, the third entity jumped out. The little imp-thing. It threw a fireball at Fridge, hit him in the arm. He couldn't put it out. I understand they had to amputate the arm.

Gorman: He'll be getting the best prosthetic we can provide.

Fester: Damn right. That real good paratech stuff.

Gorman: He'll get it. Continue with your account, please.

Fester: The team all realized they needed their banishment rounds, so they started changing their magazines. I shot the imp thing as soon as the thing with the beak disintegrated- from the floor. It came apart. Its skin was like tar, but its insides were like…oil. This thin, iridescent yellow stuff. It mewled on the ground for a minute before melting away. The third one seemed to realize things were going against it- it turned to go back through the portal. But the guys had all changed their mags- we all fired on it at once. It came apart like a pile of rags.

Gorman: Where was the humanoid threat, through all of this?

Fester: Watching. Laughing. This only took a few seconds, you understand. Once the last demon was dead, it stopped laughing. It waved its hand, and the first portal drifted apart; waved his hand again, and threw this wall of fire at us. It wasn't enough to really hurt any of us, but it knocked a couple of us around, and distracted us. It gestured again, and a new portal started to form. We were all firing at it, but someone- I think Pidgeon- got off a real good shot. Hit it right in the temple, blew most of its skull off. It fell- just a sack of meat, suddenly affected by gravity again. It was- incongruous, I think is the word. Went from being this otherworldly thing to just a corpse, hitting the ground with a splat, the spears in it jangling.

Gorman: What happened then?

Fester: We got up. The team medic, Hype, went to help Fridge. The rest of us walked over to the corpse. It looked… pathetic. Just a lump of meat, with all these spikes sticking out of it. Pidgeon went to pull one out- like, she felt sorry for it, wanted to give it some dignity, I think- and as soon as she touched it, her face twisted. She put her boot on the corpse and just ripped the spear out of him- and before we knew what was happening she turned and stabbed Caboose right through the gut. She started screaming.

Gorman: Screaming what?

Fester: It was pretty incoherent…

Gorman: Just tell me what you heard.

Fester: 'Karal-ba is death, Karal-ba kills you.' I don't know. It wasn't her, anymore. She pulled the spear out of Caboose and he went down- he was bleeding out of his mouth, and the front of his suit seemed to be all red, almost immediately. She went to stab Huey. Me and Huey both shot her, but the spear must have scratched him. He started convulsing, bleeding out of his ears, eyes, nose. He was dead in maybe ten or fifteen seconds. Five casualties in less than a minute, four of them fatal. I lost half my fucking team.

Gorman: What did you do, then?

Fester: I thought about strapping some C4 to the spears and just blowing them up- but if it didn't work, or if the fragments retained their properties, it would have just spread it. So we packed them up- using heavy warded gauntlets, all according to spec. Brought them back to base.

Gorman: …Alright. Thank you, Operative Fester. I want you to know, all the team members you've lost today are going to be posthumously decorated.

Fester: Good. You liquidate the spears, yet?

Gorman: Not yet. We're having some trouble with them.

Fester: Get it done. Those things are evil- they need to be destroyed.

Three days after recovery, during testing to find a method of liquidation, reality-stabilizing thaumaturgy failed, resulting in an extradimensional portal opening. Several KTE-2032-Ragweed-Mendes entities emerged, and Coalition forces took heavy losses. Separating the objects was subsequently found to prevent portal formation. Artifact components subsequently were held thereafter in separate facilities.

PTOLOMY Division liquidation expert Derrick Wells, M.E., report on methodology to neutralize KTE-2013

KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes has proven a singular challenge. We chilled the component artifacts to almost 1 μK, which required specialized equipment (we used a kind of macroscopic laser cooling derived from captured Prometheus Labs research). We heated them to nearly 3,200 Kelvin. That's above the boiling point of ordinary iron, by the way. Not the melting point- the boiling point. They didn't expand or contract- we've only ever seen that kind of behavior in meta-real artifacts. Items that are platonically perfect, or extrusions of higher-dimensional objects.

They don't conduct electricity- they gobble it up, in a way that made me and my staff very nervous. When objects as obviously malign as these start absorbing the energy you give them, you stop providing that energy, if you aren't a fool. We stopped the electrical current tests early. They exhibit magnetic properties that you would expect from ferrous material; but they refuse to be moved. I've never seen anything like it; magnetize them, and they will attract magnetic objects with less mass as you would expect- but wave the most powerful electromagnet you have over them, and they won't so much as wiggle.

They can't be bent mechanically. They can't be stretched or compressed along any axis. They drip that foul, stinking blood constantly, and flake off rust regularly, but they never weigh any less. Hell, despite the apparent fragility of the oxidation on their surface, you can't scratch even the rust patches. Even with a diamond drillbit.

These things are apparently indestructible to any force we can bring against them. My recommendation is that they be sent to Occult Studies.

I'll be glad to see them go, to be truthful. My staff has been jumpy since they got here. There's something sick about those spears- the sort of nastiness that belongs to the Type Blues. Get them the hell out of my lab!

Report on first breach, prepared by PTOLOMY Division Occult Studies Department co-chair Professor Arturo Allejandro

I was not in the laboratory when the dimensional aperture opened. I was checking some figures in the base library, trying to suss out the energy-redirection ratios with regard to mapping the artifacts in the fifth (and possibly up to eleventh) dimension. I am led to understand that all of the personnel present when the portal opened were subsequently killed.

There have been some questions of how our reality stabilization methods failed; to understand the break-down, one needs to first understand the thaumaturgic mechanisms in place. Unfortunately, I don't think a full lecture on practical metaphysics and quantum mechanics would be very constructive at this point; you will have to excuse my explanation for being both superficial and rather metaphor-heavy. To summarize, we use two overlapping methods to stabilize our brane locally. Firstly, we have what is known as a 'Seeing Eye Transformer Network'. That is a bit of a joke- observer effect, you see- it uses simple divinations and Red-hued aetheric flux to realize the energy potential of local particles; essentially, we collapse the waveform of each individual particle's future into a present we find acceptable. Secondly, we use a 'Leprechaun Generator,' which uses a common and easily produced ritual item (a coin stamped with the Othalan rune, a simple probabilistic-manipulation device, or 'luck charm') which we charge with a powerful electromagnetic current. The field it emits has a normalizing effect; enthalpic intrusions within the field are subject to accelerated decay. If something tries to create a focused point of energy, like that necessary to alter reality, within the field, that energy will simply melt away.

That both of these thaumaturgic devices failed, indicates that the artifacts possess or are vehicles for an extremely powerful force known as an "Onus" or "Weird" among practitioners. You may translate this as 'personal reality,' 'force of will,' or 'destiny.' They over-rode the stabilized local timeline with their own, effectively defining normalcy within the area of effect- overriding local causality and reversing narrative inertia. The amount of power necessary to achieve this end would have been staggering.

Combined with the consistent failure of all thaumaturgic attempts to liquidate the objects, and given that they are quite obviously more powerful united than they are separate- the portal was found to be equidistant between the spears, when the hostile entities were finally repelled, and putting the spears in different parts of the base has reduced, if not entirely eliminated incidents- it is my recommendation that the artifacts be stored in six separate facilities.

If I may add a personal aside- I don't want these things here. The staff at this station includes many mystically sensitive individuals; the aura that these objects project, even before the incident, was having a disastrous effect on personnel. A nigh-impossible portal and fourteen deaths later, and the entire base is gripped by dread. I request that all components of the artifact be removed from the base, and good riddance to bad magic.

Assesment and Post-Liquidation attempt, by Chaplain-Knight Sir Pierrot Deauchamp, Senior Exorcist of the Holy Order of the Knights Templar, Reformed

On ██/██, 19██, it fell to my order to contain, study, and destroy the Satanic artifact designated KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes. In this task, we have failed. The failure was mine; I was the priest selected to liquidate the artifact. My will that was tested against a tool of the adversary, and faltered. A junior exorcist, Brother Lucas Killian, died as a result of my weakness, and I myself have lost my sight- a punishment from God, I believe, for my insufficient faith.

On the date in question, Brother Killian and I prepared ourselves with prayer and fasting, and attempted to destroy the artifact via the rite of exorcism. We burned the liver and heart of a fish, as laid out in the Book of Tobit; we recited the Athanasian Creed and the Vade Retro Satana. As we chanted the words of the ritual, we felt the power of the enemy build like a great wave waiting to break, within the chamber. The blood that had spotted the walls became streams- it gushed from the pedestal where the artifact lie like an arterial wound; the voice of the evil within the spear was a silent ringing in our ears. Cold and a stink like a decaying corpse rose from the implement.

We persevered, though the malignant aura of the artifact inflicted us with nausea and confusion, and the unnatural cold numbed us. I am proud of Brother Killian; he matched me word for word, his resolve matching (and in the end, eclipsing) my own. Soon, though, I could go no longer- the Latin had become slurred in my mouth, my mind confused.

I ended the chant with a shout, striking the device with my crucifix, in a cowardly attempt to finish the rite. This is all I remember. I am told that the security footage registered a sound like a thunderclap; that I flew away from the artifact, my crucifix in smouldering fragments, and hit the wall. I am told the spear flew from its pedestal, striking Brother Killian in the chest, and piercing the poor man's heart, killing him instantly.

I was dragged from the chamber by my brother priests. I was insensate for better than a day; when I awoke, I was completely blind, though there had been no trauma to my eyes or brain. Brother Killian's body could not be recovered from the chamber throughout the entire day I was comatose; the noisome aura within the chamber persisted, and drove any who attempted to enter away. It is my great shame that not only was Brother Killian slain by my lapse, but that his body remained defiled by the vileness of the spear transfixing him for the entirety of that day.

I apologize to Coalition Command for my failure. I wish I could offer contrition, but instead I can only offer a plea: let this cup pass from my lips. The artifact is too powerful, too great a burden for a sinner such as myself; for the sake of my brethren in the Monastery, and for my own sake, please remove this demonic thing from our possession.

Eleven days after recovery, during thaumaturgic testing in order to develop a method of liquidation (as all mundane methods attempted had failed), a research assistant made contact with KTE-2013-Alfa. Individual subsequently enslaved half a dozen personnel before being liquidated. All affected personnel also liquidated.

After-action report on suppression of second breach, prepared by PHYSICS Division Strike Team 1423 "Redcaps"

Prepared by: Team Leader "Lugnut" 6021B288/1423

At approximately 1400 hours on the date in question, PTOLOMY thaumaturgical research assistant Leonard Marks made shielded physical contact with the object designated KTE-2013-Alfa. This contact is presently believed to have been accidental, and made in the course of Mr. Marks' duties; he has, as such, been posthumously cleared of all wrongdoing and extended a commendation for his sacrifice. Subsequent to the contact, Mr. Marks was compromised by the entity now known to be housed in the artifact. The possessing entity proceeded to assault the PTOLOMY personnel present with the artifact, and succeeded in compromising both thaumaturgical researcher Dr. Johanne Schmidt and research assistant Donald Greyson. We now know that the spear induces a form of trance and mental compulsion in addition to the hemorrhagic illness that the other components display upon infliction of a wound.

The three compromised individuals exited the chamber, with the entity possessing Mr. Marks carrying the artifact. They proceeded to assault several GOC staff, focusing initially on security personnel. These compromised personnel (including PTOLOMY junior researcher Dr. Margaret Hammond, Security Officers Lars Mellon, Adam Wylie, and Mr. Scott Rice, a PTOLOMY clerk) proceeded to secure the wing of the facility that had housed the artifact with weapons taken from the security office. It was at this point that personnel in the central security office, noting the breach on the facility camera system, contacted Coalition Command, which in turn deployed our squad, PHYSICS Division Strike Team 1423, "Redcaps." The Redcaps specialize in providing backup to Western European Coalition facilities under siege, taking back compromised facilities, and destroying compromised Coalition assets.

We received our orders at approximately 1420, and arrived at the facility at 1440 hours. We were outfitted with Mark II Combat Garments (White Suits), with both primary weapons loaded with hollow-point rounds and secondary weapons loaded with banishment rounds (silver/cold-forged iron double pentacle dispersion grid variant) in case of KTE-2032-Ragweed-Mendes entity manifestation. We rendezvoused with facility security, who provided us with the layout of the wing and all camera footage of the incident, the compromised personnel had destroyed the surveillance system shortly after the breach was reported. We proceeded into the compromised wing under full cloaking, on the assumption that even if the possessing entity could perceive cloaked operatives, the other compromised personnel likely could not.

The entity had, by this time, compromised all personnel within the wing. However, rather than attempt to escape or assault the rest of the facility, it had gathered all compromised personnel around it and was giving a speech. The contents of this speech are rendered more fully in this reports addenda, but in summary, the entity ranted semi-coherently about its own power, the insignificance of its enemies, and its 'inevitable destiny' to rule the earth. The entity referred to itself as 'Rama-Vaduk the glorious.'

If the entity could perceive us through our cloaks, it was apparently too distracted by its speech to do so. None of the compromised personnel displayed any ability to perceive us. On my command, Operative "Beardy" engaged and liquidated the entity possessing Mr. Marks with a single headshot utilizing a banishment round, in the hope that this would end the compulsive effect of the spear. This attempt was unsuccessful; the compromised personnel attempted to attack us, and were all subsequently liquidated. We retrieved the spear, and proceeded to egress.

Two months after recovery, an agent made unauthorized contact with KTE-2013-Foxtrot during liquidation attempt. Agent subsequently created a portal to Facility ████ and assaulted personnel there in an attempt to acquire 2013-Charlie. Subject was liquidated, but a member of security staff made contact with 2013-Charlie in an attempt to keep it from them. Infection subsequently led to 11 Coalition casualties.

Footage from Facility ████ security tapes during third breach (audio removed).

0414-20 to 0414-30: A thaumaturgical aperture, identical to those described by Strike Team 0912 operatives after initial recovery of KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes (that is, apparently composed of swirling black gaseous or particulate matter, radiating a deep red glow) forms on the wall of the corridor leading to the chamber housing KTE-2013-Charlie. Security officer Malcolm Claiborne, present in the corridor, reacts with surprise. The entity bearing KTE-2013-Foxtrot (formerly PTOLOMY Type Blue Asset Ravi Agarwal) exits the portal and attempts to assault officer Claiborne with the spear. Officer Claiborne evades the attack, and draws his weapon. The entity proceeds to exfiltrate via the portal it had emerged from. The portal then dissipates.

0414-30 to 0414-40: Officer Claiborne can be seen surveying his surroundings in an agitated manner and speaking into his radio. Facility security will confirm that he is reporting the encounter.

0414-40 to 0414-50: A portal begins to form within the chamber holding KTE-2013-Charlie. Officer Claiborne is ordered to enter the holding chamber, and begins to walk toward it. During this time, several other facility personnel, including security officers Margaret Jordan and Peter Rosenbaum, special operatives Michel Duboise (Initiate of the Illuminated Mysteries), Adam Georges (Initiate of the Illuminated Mysteries), Tomas Salem (Initiate of the Illuminated Mysteries), Lawrence Makepeace (Novice of the Illuminated Mysteries), Jonathan Hagen (Novice of the Illuminated Mysteries), Claire Heller (Scholar of the Illuminated Mysteries), and special Type Blue assets Sarah Bernard (Scholar of the Illuminated Mysteries) and David Weiss (Illuminated Minervan), all of whom were involved in either the containment of or research regarding the artifact, were notified of a potential breach and instructed to render officer Claiborne assistance.

0414-50 to 0415-00: Entity emerges from portal. Entity takes several steps towards KTE-2013-Charlie; portal dissipates. Officer Claiborne enters chamber; spotting the entity, he raises his weapon. The entity gestures with the 2013-Foxtrot, and a veil-like semi-transparent barrier of a smoke-like gas manifests in front of it. Officer Claiborne opens fire with his weapon. Several micro-portals open in the veil-barrier, and intercept the rounds fired. The door on the other end of the corridor opens, and several personnel begin running towards the chamber.

0415-00 to 415-10: Officer Claiborne keeps up a steady rate of fire, walking towards the entity. The entity continues to gesture with the artifact. Maintaining the veil-barrier seems to require concentration, or energy, and the entity remains still. All fired rounds continue to be intercepted. Several personnel enter the chamber. Security officer Rosenbaum opens fire with his own weapon upon the entity. Special asset Bernard begins gesturing in what is later confirmed to be a minor dispelment ritual. Special operative Michel Duboise enters the room and begins to move toward KTE-2013-Charlie, likely in an attempt to recover it before the entity does. It is unknown why operative Dubois would have disregarded safety protocols in such a way. Personnel continue to enter the corridor.

0415-10 to 0415-20: Special operative Duboise makes contact with KTE-2013-Charlie. The veil-barrier manifested by the entity falters. It is unknown whether this was caused by the rate of fire against it, special asset Bernard's dispelment ritual, or a reaction to Duboise's actions. Regardless, the entity is shot fourteen times and killed instantly. The entity possessing Duboise begins gesturing with the KTE-2013-Charlie and apparently shouting. Several personnel in the chamber turn to face him, apparently surprised.

0415-20 to 0415-30: Several individuals present begin to appear distressed or disoriented. Special operative Claire Heller speaks into her radio. This is confirmed to be a code phrase indicating a potential memetic outbreak, necessitating immediate communications blackout and physical lockdown. Officers Claiborne, Rosenbaum, and Jordan aim their weapons at the entity, and begin apparently attempting to communicate with it. The entity continues to gesticulate and shout.

0415-30 to 0415-40: Several personnel are developing minor bleeding from their noses or ears. All present appear distressed and disoriented. Later computer analysis of the audio will confirm that all personnel have been exposed to auditory cognitohazards. Officer Rosenbaum opens fire on the entity, followed closely by officers Jordan and Claiborne. The entity is liquidated. Several personnel try to exit through the corridor. Personnel discover that they have been sealed in by the lockdown. Personnel appear extremely distressed.

Accompanying post-third-breach memo from the office of the Illuminated Master Wilhelm, of the Bavarian Illuminati, re: Get this thing out of my building!

Three weeks after I honored a request by Global Occult Coalition High Command, and from the Director of PTOLOMY Division, to contain and research the artifact KTE-2013-Charlie, a breach occurred. An entity came here, to our house- to one of the oldest Lodges of the Order of the Illuminated in the world!- to take it. The Order has lost eleven people today, including eight members.

I am trying to do the enlightened thing, and move forward with equanimity. But, in truth, I am infuriated. I have lost friends and colleagues, horrifically. When we unsealed the corridor they were trapped in, they were raving- every one of them, raving and bleeding from their eyes, ears, noses. Several more of my personnel were infected while recovering and attempting to treat them- it turns out that the illnesses the artifact inflicts are transmissible! Thankfully, secondary infections are far less virulent. Regardless, eleven people died, thrashing, bleeding, screaming and ranting over eighteen agonizing hours within my medical wing.

I cannot, and will not, tolerate the presence of this artifact within these hallowed halls any longer. I demand its immediate removal.

Five months after recovery, security agent made contact with KTE-2013-Echo, as a result of delusions stemming from long-term exposure to item, a property which had not been noted until this point. Subject killed two Coalition agents and escaped. Subject assaulted Facility ████ two days later, but was driven away by thaumaturgic staff. Subject died of organ failure four days later, the body and artifact were both recovered from a motel in rural Iowa. At this point, it was decided to seek out the assistance of the Foundation in containing the artifacts.

Tracking report on former security agent Bradley Nielsen, LTE designation pending, prepared by PHYSICS Division Assessment Team 721 "Lazy Wolf.'

Prepared by: Team Leader "Bugs" 18212066/721

This report is a summary of the actions leading up to GOC security agent Bradley Nielsen making unauthorized contact with KTE-2013-Echo, the recorded or reconstructed actions of the entity housed in KTE-2013-Echo while possessing Agent Nielsen, and an account of the recovery of the artifact.

On ██/██/19██, at 1126 hours, Agent Nielsen, a former decorated United States Army Ranger and fourteen-year Coalition veteran, left his post at the security office outside of the chamber where KTE-2013-Echo was held, entered the chamber, and made contact with the artifact. This was observed on camera by security personnel, who issued an alert. Two security agents, Agent Neil Lattimer and Agent Cleo Silverberg, entered the chamber. Rather than follow protocol and liquidate the entity, the personnel attempted to communicate with it, believing it to still be Agent Nielsen. The entity gestured with the component spear, and both agents fell, apparently suffering from intense hallucinations. The entity made a short statement, identifying itself as 'Toth-ner, the Broken,' and indicated it would initiate a global eschatological scenario. It gestured again, and both agents burst into flames. It proceeded to exit the facility, hovering slightly above the ground; whenever it was confronted by personnel, it gestured with the artifact, and those personnel began to suffer intense, debilitating hallucinations. The entity succeeded in escaping the facility.

In an attempt to understand why Agent Nielsen had made contact with the artifact, his personal belongings were searched, which led to the discovery of a journal. It was known that Agent Nielsen had been receiving counseling for mild PTSD symptoms related to wartime experiences while deployed in the US military; the journal revealed that the condition had worsened significantly over the course of his duty guarding the artifact. His nightmares grew more intense and more common, and fugue states and hallucinations began presenting while he was awake. He began to hold a delusional belief, despite having been briefed on the properties of KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes, that possessing the spear would allow him to defeat the 'enemies' that tormented him in his dreams. It should be noted that up until this point, the psychological effects of long-term exposure to the component spears was unknown. Agent Nielsen had been in close contact with KTE-2013-Echo for twelve hours a day, five or six days a week, for almost four and a half months. Agent Nielsen was subsequently cleared of any wrong-doing, on the basis that he had been psychically compromised by the artifact.

In the two days between the escape of the entity and the attack on Facility ████, no reports emerged involving spontaneous fires, levitating men, hemorrhagic fevers, or outbreaks of powerful hallucinations. What the entity was doing during this time is presently unknown. It is possible it entirely avoided human contact, or that it convincingly acted as a mundane human.

During the attack on Facility ████, the entity produced a large gout of fire in order to breach the walls, and subsequently subjected the personnel it found there to the same hallucinations it had previously produced. On-site Type Blue assets were able to activate a ward against psychic attack, however, and confront the entity, which subsequently fled. These Type Blue personnel, Professor Harold Raine, Dr. Amelia Stark, and Practitioner Kyle Niven, were subsequently commended for their quick thinking and courageous defense of the Facility. KTE-2013-Alfa, which had been housed at the Facility, was relocated.

A number of incidents allowed for the tracking of the entity after the attack. It took a cab driver hostage, controlling it with bouts of hallucinations, to escape, and subsequently stabbed the individual non-fatally with 2013-Echo. This individual later died of the hemorrhagic disease that the spear inflicted, but was able to recount events to a member of Assessment Team 721, which was responding to reports of the illness (initially believed by civilian medical personnel to be late-stage Ebola). A day later, a Montana State police officer suffered what was described as 'spontaneous combustion.' Two days after that, a Minneapolis man was admitted to a psychiatric institution, reporting a psychotic break similar to that inflicted on GOC personnel by the entity, and a 'floating man, carrying a sword.' It became obvious at this point that the entity was following Component Alfa as it was moved east.

A final report, three days later, in rural Iowa, led Assessment Team 721 to a small motel, where a night clerk claimed he had been threatened by a man with a rusty spear. We were able to misdirect the responding officers and remove many of the civilians using the motel using a chemical spill as a cover story. VERITAS imaging confirmed the presence of the spear in the room; however, no heat signatures indicative of a living organism were detected with thermal imaging. The room was subsequently breached, and it was discovered that the entity was deceased; it had suffered extreme muscle atrophy, loss of bone density, and multiple organ failure, presumably as a result of using the spear. The artifact, and the body of Agent Nielsen, were recovered.

Subsequently, an agreement with the Foundation was reached to facilitate long-term containment under SANGUINE CAPRICORN GIMEL.

PSYCHE Division report on Foundation diplomatic contact and cooperation agreement, prepared by PSYCHE ambassador to the Foundation, Melanie Castle.

KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes, over the course of five and a half months, has consistently resisted every attempt at liquidation; cost the Global Occult Coalition several million dollars; caused two civilian and forty-one Coalition casualties; and each component has been juggled, shifted from location to location, from member organization to member organization to division, by personnel uncomfortable with the mystic equivalent of a weapon of mass destruction in their backyard. Further, there is a good chance that if the artifact is completed, a Global Eschatological Event would occur, requiring the implementation of Procedure Pizzicato- and likely leading to human extinction, regardless.

As such, I was tasked by the Director of PSYCHE Division, with the blessing of Coalition High Command, to make diplomatic contact with the reality normalization organization known as the Foundation. It was reasoned that, given the Foundation's tendency to hoard and study paranormal phenomena, and given the inability of the Coalition to liquidate KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes, that long-term containment of the artifact would be better accomplished by this outside group.

I made contact through my usual channel, speaking to Foundation Department of External Affairs (SCP-DEA) Deputy Director Spencer Sheffield. We met at a Foundation Facility, Site-126, and we were joined by a Mrs. Rose (full name unknown, introduced to me as a representative of the Foundation's command, the Overseers Council), a Mr. Henry Milligan (introduced to me as a containment specialist) and a Doctor Clef (potentially the individual rumored to be former GOC asset Agent Ukelele, though I was unable to confirm this) who was introduced as a specialist in GROUP MENDES. We subsequently agreed on the terms of our agreement, detailed below, classified SANGUINE CAPRICORN GIMEL. This agreement was later approved in full by the Office of the Undersecretariat and the Council of 108.

Given the potentially globally disastrous nature of the threat posed by GROUP MENDES and the parathreats associated with it, this agreement includes a level of cooperation and information sharing regarding the threat that is unprecedented in Foundation-Coalition relations. As I have stated to the Undersecretary, I believe that there is, despite the Foundation's stubbornness, a real possibility of both future cooperation, and of potential integration of the group into the GOC.

Appendix 001- Observed KTE-2032-Ragweed-Mendes entities

Incident Status Appearance and Abilities
Recovery of KTE-2013 in Johannesburg Liquidated Approximately nine feet in height, roughly humanoid; appeared flayed, with musculature exposed; skull bovine in shape. Levitated, seemed to direct other instances.
Recovery of KTE-2013 in Johannesburg Liquidated Quadrupedal, scaled, colorfully violet and green in coloration. Possessed a beak, and over a dozen tentacles emerging from back. Tentacles found to be covered in corrosive substance. No eyes or other sensory organs apparent.
Recovery of KTE-2013 in Johannesburg Liquidated Centauroid in body shape. Lower body seems to be that of a goat below the neck; upper body consists of torso, arms and head of a diminutive humanoid entity. Flesh black and gelid, tar-like. Entity displayed ability to conjure small but hot and difficult to extinguish balls of flame.
Breach, three days post-recovery Liquidated Entity appeared to be an animate suit of medieval armor, constructed of an unknown dark metal heavily marked with rust. Entity displayed extreme strength and hardiness.
Breach, three days post-recovery Liquidated Entity appeared to be a malformed fetus the size of a small adult. Entity possessed a third arm emerging from its chest, and a third eye on its forehead; both the extraneous organs and the typical ones appeared non-functional. Entity levitated and periodically let out a screech loud enough to incapacitate personnel.
Breach, three days post-recovery Liquidated Entity appeared to be an emaciated humanoid with the head of an oversized vulture. Entity was armed with splintered bones (apparently human femurs) which it used as stabbing implements. Entity displayed superhuman speed and fighting skill.
Breach, three days post-recovery Liquidated Entity appeared to be a giant (approximately four foot tall) red-skinned frog with four extremely poisonous scorpion tails and three eyes.
Breach, three days post-recovery Liquidated Entity was a heavily muscled creature approximately seven feet tall; while constituent body parts were approximately humanoid, the entity was tripodal, and three torsos emerged from its waist, each of which bore three arms (one emerging from where the neck would be typically), and a single large, yellow eye in the center of each chest. Entity displayed startling strength and physical resilience.
Breach, three days post-recovery Liquidated Entity possessed a large serpentine tail in the place of a lower body; torso, arms and head all humanoid. Entity appeared heavily decomposed, and possessed no facial features. Entity displayed the ability to conjure a dark fluid, which possessed momentum upon manifestation, allowing it to be effectively 'flung.' Fluid combusted when it came in contact with organic material.

Appendix 002- SANGUINE CAPRICORN GIMEL documentation

1. It is hereby agreed by the emissaries of the Overseers Council of the Foundation and the Office of the Undersecretary General of the Global Occult Coalition that the items known both as SCP-████-1 through -6, and KTE-2013-Alfa through -Foxtrot, shall be held in containment by the Foundation.
a. It is agreed that the Foundation will contain these items in accordance with security recommendations extended by Coalition research staff (recommendations noted in Appendix 12C).
b. It is agreed that the Foundation will contain these items under the highest possible classification.
c. It is agreed that the Foundation will return these items should progress in finding an effective method of liquidation be made, as per section 2.a.

2. It is agreed that these items pose a global threat, and that actions to ameliorate that threat will be taken by both signee organizations.
a. It is agreed that the Global Occult Coalition PHYSICS and PTOLOMY Divisions will continue to research methods of liquidating the objects.
b. It is agreed that both organizations will continue to suppress the eschatological religious organization known as the Children of the Scarlet King, or GROUP MENDES.
c. It is agreed that both organizations will attempt to locate and recover SCP-████-7/KTE-2013-Golf. It is agreed that this item is included in the previous and subsequent terms upon recovery.

Foundation documentation of KTE-216-Black-Mendeschild: SCP-231

Recovered religious documentation tangentially involving KTE-2013-Kapala-Mendes: Link

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License