From the Manna Charitable Foundation Statutes, Articles I to IV.9.
Article I - Name and Status
The Manna Charitable Foundation, also called MCF or merely "the Charitable" is a not-for-profit association dedicated to humanitarian assistance in all its facets and fulfilling Health and Prevention, Infrastructure and Development, Training and Research, Rescue and Intervention and Logistics Missions and Programmes wherever and whenever they are necessary, organized in accordance with UNOCHA regulations and lawful restrictions in all countries its personnel may operate.
Article II - Headquarters
There will exist no headquarters that may act as a single centralized office for the Manna Charitable Foundation. Instead, five continental head offices have been created: Toronto, Canada, as the American Headquarters; Barcelona, Spain, as the European Headquarters; Hong Kong, China, as the Asian Headquarters; Canberra, Australia, as the Oceanian Headquarters; and Johannesburg, South Africa, as the African Headquarters. These sites will gather and distribute local resources, donations and volunteers to address needs in their assigned area of operations as they become manifest.
Article III - Goals
As stated in the Grand Charter of the Manna Charitable Foundation and rubricated by the Founding Council, this Foundation swears to provide assistance to those in dire need due to conflict, natural disaster, environmental decay, supernatural harm or other events of calamitous effect on human life, means of subsistence and existing or future societies, until such a time when these services are neither required nor necessary.
Those Members joining our ranks shall provide assistance to any human being that requires it to the best of their capacities, with the utmost dedication and no restriction on the resources they may use to fulfill this duty, including the usage of Abnormalities in all their varied aspects, for as long as they are part of this Foundation. They will do so without any consideration of gender, race, ideology, religion, social status or abnormality in those they assist.
All Members of the Manna Charitable Foundation accept the Grand Charter as the core of our collective enterprise and the distilled form of its ambitions, therefore embracing its final goal as their own; that is, we, as an association, swear to Heal the World and its Denizens.
Article IV - Activities
1. The Manna Charitable Foundation will perform any and all activities that further its Goals, as related in the Grand Charter, with regards to Missions and Programmes elaborated by its Boards.
2. However, the Manna Charitable Foundation shall not resort to violent means of interaction with human beings, nor will ever sanction such interactions when undertaken by its Members.
3. The Manna Charitable Foundation may resort to Abnormal Assets in multiple forms, be it using esoterism, alter-scientific techniques and/or combinations thereof with Normal Assets, for as long as doing so does not cause greater harm than the absence of their use to its Members, the World or its Denizens.
4. The Manna Charitable Foundation may research, bear witness and emit impartial denounces or useful information for all the world to hear.
5. The Manna Charitable Foundation will ensure compliance by its Members with the principles outlined in the Grand Charter. This compliance may be enforced by associated or regulating organizations, to whom MCF Members may be made accountable by the Laws of those countries and societies where they operate.
6. The Manna Charitable Foundation will be legally responsible for the activities of its many associated Institutes, Organisations, Work Groups and free agents, and any and all activities performed by them that adhere to the Grand Charter will be considered adequate and protected to the best of the MCF's power.
7. The Manna Charitable Foundation will ensure transparency to all its Donors, when possible, and its most trusted Benefactors, as they require it.
8. The Manna Charitable Foundation will ensure the longest period of survival possible for the World and its Denizens; and if feasible, their perpetuation or their transplantation to other, safer locations.
- Change the World
- Who We Are
- Who Are You?
- Breaking It Down To Me
- Cubes On A Slope
- Bed, Breakfast, Plague
- Over the Bonfire
- Best as it Gets
- Land of Plenty
- Burden of Humanity
- The Hammer Falls
- Breaking It All Down On Me
- Taking a Break from All your Worries
- Manna - Remember Manna and their kindness.
- Sixteenth Wondertainment Donation - Safe For All asset. Operation restricted to assigned members.
- Fifth Global Occult Coalition Donation - Maintenance and operation Restricted to Specialists.
- Third Vesta Donation - Complex Maintenance and Operation indications noted.
- First CETRes Donation - Prospective member.
- First Locke Donation - Rhiannon Locke is a thirty years old member of the Mission Branch Committee for African Operations and the General Assets Administration of the Manna Charitable Foundation, to which she has belonged for six years.
- First Ivády Donation - Food along with construction materials and medical supplies.
- Programme Las Anod-1 - Includes Mission Watch Report on a Health and Prevention Concern, the Rupertine Disease.
- Memo: We have updated the Security Regulations for the Vesta Donations. Please check them out at once. - Deputy Director Lindsberg, Rescue and Intervention.
- Comment: Testing, testing, testing. Had we tested this on controlled lab conditions, those poor people would still be alive. This is why we need testing. - Research Executive Member Ruperts, Mission Work Group Ruperts-1.
- Resolution: The Fish-2 Work Group has been disbanded. 'The Factory' will enter the Former Benefactors Blacklist. - Resolution 34-1998 of the Manna Charitable Foundation International Board.
- Comment: I know it is a shame, but let this be a fairly benign warning for all of us. Had that crop reached the open market, the backlash on the food industry could have been huge, and I am not talking about the owners, I mean the workers that would be laid down world-wide. The bigger picture, people! We want to change the world, yes, but not if we destroy entire economies faster that we, or anyone, can rebuild them. And, for that matter, who warned the other Foundation? What is Mission Watch DOING? - Director Maxwell, Logistics.
- Comment: Director Maxwell continues to deny he had a hand in this meeting. I've been with him these past weeks, and I can assure you, he has never met the Worldtree Corporation. - Deputy Director Hildegaard, Logistics.
- Comment: We have no idea of how this man found the instructions he left Maria, but they correspond partially to Third Century Palacian Scriptures which, of course, should be impossible since all passages to Palacia have been closed for over three centuries. Also, how comes the UN keeps covering for him and his pals and then forgetting about it? - Director Grendel, Research.
About This FAQ
You have reached the Mission Watch Bulletin, and thus are aware of the existence of something Other than Normal life, Normal happenings, Normal people and Normal problems. You are aware, be it by innate knowledge, unavoidable fate or mere coincidence, of the existence of the Abnormal; and you are also aware of the existence of our patron and mother organisation, the Manna Charitable Foundation.
Welcome, and congratulations.
This is your Mission Watch Hub. Indeed, a new one is generated in the terminal of every person that reaches us; this one Hub, however, contains a minuscule part of what the Charitable actually is and does. Normally, you'll get a small portion of our Statutes, some dossiers on what the MCF does with your money if you are a member, et cetera.
For the most part, however, you must have come here because you:
a) know you can't trust your government and/or those claiming to be doing what is best for you.
b) can't live without answers to all of those questions you so desperately need because what you have learned is turning your world upside down.
c) can't or couldn't assist those you desperately want to help.
To those in a) and b), let us stop you right now. The MCF does not have answers for you. We only use what we have to help those in need. In profound need of food, water, stability, a way out of hell or a place to sleep at night. We deal in horrors and wonders, and work to make certain those of the lesser children of Earth receive at least a meager share of Her miracles.
Every person who comes here has a reason, but only those who fall into c) actually want to join the MCF. It is hard work, usually unfulfilling and will probably go unnoticed in your home town. You won't get paid, although you will have food, trainers and tools to heal the world, one person at a time. You will expose yourself to danger, usually lethal. And, if our experience serves, we must warn you: you will never be the same.
Do you still want to read on?
Then read on, friend. Bless you.
Mission Watch Office.
About The Charitable
The Manna Charitable Foundation is, first and foremost, a humanitarian non-profit organisation conceived and directed by people with an innate or otherwise extensive knowledge of the anomalous, the strange, or, in our words, the abnormal, and confident enough in that knowledge as to use it to help humanity wherever and whenever we consider this help is necessary.
The Manna Charitable Foundation is directed by the International Board, an opaque decision making organism formed by MCF members of the highest authority and representatives of some of the most important experts, benefactors and donors known to us. All Continental Secretaries and Mission Directors, the leaders of all MCF activities, are involved in this council.
With an extensive financial and recruitment network managed by the partially public activities of the Continental Branch and the backing of our many Donors, the publicly known MCF constitutes a large, diffuse entity numbering well into the thousands. Among its members stand out scientists and good will ambassadors, political activists, a few celebrities and many normal, anonymous people who truly believe they can make a difference.
However, this 'evident' MCF is actually a screen for a far larger black box standing right behind it. Acting under hundreds of other names and logos, most MCF volunteers work in the field organised in Mission Work Groups, who work as part of the Mission Branch. Only people of the highest conviction in MCF's mission join these teams, many of them doing so in accordance to their own, previous convictions or recent experiences with the supernatural, which often reveal the need for cooperative, comprehensive action in a world with greater problems than most people have ever imagined.
The Manna Charitable Foundation operates in different Programmes, structured plans that are devised as responses to different human calamities occurring all over the world. MCF field teams, the Mission Work Groups, may be found in the developed world assisting the victims of a natural disaster, managing shelters or mounting temporary recruitment posts for their Continental counterparts. They tread carefully, discreetly, knowing that their activities are of interest to many others; however, Mission Work Groups are often assigned to areas where most 'others' have little or no influence.
It is there, in the worst places within the borders of the so-called developing countries, in the middle of conflict and famine and epidemics and poverty and the rubble of broken communities, where Work Groups perform most of our Programmes. Formally, they work under the umbrella of UN-OCHA, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, and in cooperation with other organizations; but even when under direct governmental or military supervision, MCF operations are kept secret, covered in a mantle of obfuscation and half-truths from most of their associates, to allow them free use of the Abnormal Assets, supernatural items, creatures and methods gifted by our strange and multifarious Benefactors.
Thanks to these resources and to the unquenchable stubbornness of its volunteers and executive members, the Manna Charitable Foundation keeps bringing prosperity, health and peace wherever its Work Groups go.
Our final ambition is the creation of a world where our activities are no longer necessary nor required; that is, a world rid of disease, famine, poverty and armed conflict. We at the Manna Charitable Foundation ultimately strive towards a world united in health, plenty, prosperity and peace, and will use whatever resources are made available to us to achieve this goal, no matter how distant in time it may seem.
If you wish to collaborate with the Continental Branch of the Manna Charitable Foundation, feel free to communicate with the nearest MCF regional, national or continental office! Every country in the world has at least one moving or permanent headquarters from which monetary donations may be collected and usable humanitarian aid is organized and shipped from.
If you wish to join the Mission Branch of the Manna Charitable Foundation, please phone the MCF headquarters and leave a voice message with:
- Your reasons for wishing to join.
- Your background, related in a brief, comprehensive manner. It must include past academic or work experience.
- Your expectations on what the Manna Charitable Foundation is and does.
- Your age, name and a telephone number where you can be reached at all times.
Our representatives at the Recruitment Office of the Continental Branch will come back to you as soon as they can in order to set an appointment.
About our Generous Benefactors
Contrary to popular belief and usual misconceptions, the Manna Charitable Foundation does not produce most of its abnormal items. Most of what we share with our beneficiaries has been shared with us by persons, entities or groups whose generosity and continuous support makes our activities possible.
Most of our Benefactors prefer to remain anonymous, but some of them might wish to disclose their Donations at some point. Please keep tuning in to learn more about them!
Salutations and congratulations from Mission Watch, potential Benefactors, ladies, gentlemen and assorted metabstractions! You've reached your Personal/Individual/Collective Trans-Plane Bulletin Board Terminal! We know you are the ones making most of the Abnormal Assets we get, so first of all, let us thank you all for your efforts. Every time you imagine something for us to use it, our world becomes a slightly brighter place!
Except for whoever thought a micronized G-star would be a good idea to help crops in cold areas of the Earth or at untimely seasons. We appreciate the effort, but don't do that again, please.
In any case, please remember to fill all the proper documentation if you are able before handing over your creations/properties/next of kin to the pertinent Mission Branch operatives, and be sure to deliver them to the proper Mission Watch or Mission Branch personnel, in the proper reality/ies and/or planes of reality. Remember: most of our personnel consists on baseline human beings so actual, physical documents only benefit every part involved. Every bit helps!
Mission Watch Office.
The Abnormal Assets are the anomalous items, methods or people the MCF possesses and uses in the course of its Programmes. They are the responsibility of the Mission Branch and, more specifically, the Work Groups they are assigned to. All actively used Abnormal Assets must be registered following a format similar to this:
Asset: — Donation / Specialist.
[Page title. The Asset name ("-") comes from the person/group/entity that donated it or the name the specialist who donates it or offers their abnormal services chooses.]
[Just say where the asset came from. Who gave it to the MCF, what methods did they use to transport it to wherever the MCF found it… If you want the MCF to know, that is. Some times, they can't even know where their stuff comes from. ALSO: Please understand that MCF items don't have to be donations. They can acquire items by purchasing them — something exceedingly rare, since those selling only sell for ludicrous amounts of money and aren't the type of people the MCF would make deals with — or recovering them from the field — which is also kind of hard to do, since most items recovered from the field are MISSION CONCERNS, not ASSETS.]
[Short-hand, concise description composed of snippets that describe what the asset is and does; separated by commas. Think "SCP tags", only you can write whatever fits the item, as long as it is something the MCFer who writes the document would find important. Write snippets about the potentially dangerous aspects of the item in CAPITAL LETTERS, but remember: the MCF will see opportunities instead and before risks. Concentrate on its qualities and possible uses.]
[The DESCRIPTION-like part of the item documentation. Be sure to add who writes this, by the way, it's more important than the way they wrote it; be it an academic article or a personal impression on the item itself, a diary, internal memos, a newsletter, a blog, a string of comments in a forum or an extract from a book or a manual, even a pamphlet or a transcript from vocal report are fine. Go crazy. The crucial aspect of this part of the article is that it has to explain why is this Asset useful to the MCF's beneficiaries, and it does it in a way the Mission Watch personnel have decided it represents better than any other document on the matter WHAT is the item and HOW CAN IT BE USEFUL. Begin and end by stating who is writing the text, listing in the end of the article who the person in question is within the MCF, their background, why should they be trusted to say what they say. More than one author or group authoring are possible, as well as more than one article or text from different authors.]
Maintenance and Operation:
[What, did you think all these wonderful gifts of God are free to be shared with the lesser of His children? Get out. Some of them are horrid creatures of unnatural origin! Explain what should be done to keep the anomalous effect going, whatever it is, and how to use it effectively in a beneficial way. Do it in three main flavors: 1) with a list of items written as a paragraph, opened by a bold number, like this very paragraph will do; 2) with a table of different maintenance and operation instructions, such as done with the 3rd Vesta Donation; 3) with simple sentences including "No concerns noted." Remember: If you work for the MCF, you want this stuff to keep active. Make certain people with proper experience are given the proper tasks, and make certain these tasks are adjusted to the needs the item may have for your beneficiaries to… well, keep benefiting from it.]
[What should MCF Work Group members take into account when using this item to avoid being too open about it. The MCF operates in relative secret, and will try to keep it that way, but keep in mind they are NOT the other Foundation. Run away from amnestics and memetic kill agents, do not use codenames or passwords; this section should be a compendium of advise on how not to be seen1 using your items by other groups.]
[While "Safe For All", "Restricted to Trained Volunteers", "Restricted to Specialists" or "Restricted to Executives", depending on the powers and potential messes the MCF could unleash by using and misusing the item, sound like item classes and clearance levels, they are not. If something is safe for all, it literally means it's not gonna hurt anybody. If it's restricted to trained volunteers, specialists or executives, it must be because it requires a certain experience to be properly exploited (TVs), abnormal capacities or intimate knowledge of the asset (specialists) or the strategic perspective required to plan far ahead that only Executive members, with their insight in local humanitarian problems and their considerable expertise in both abnormalities and concerns, can address properly. It is frequent that more flexible, descriptive restrictions may be added.]
So you want to write an MCF Document? Well, you have options. For starters, you might want to try and build simpler documents, but the thing is you might want to use our dedicated THEME. If that would be the case, please copy-paste these lines at the beginning of your document/tale:
What, you wanna use our Abnormal Assets format too? Well, there you go:
[[size 130%]][[span style="color:#6BAB30;"]]**Of Interest:**[[/span]][[/size]]
[[size 130%]][[span style="color:#6BAB30;"]]**Safety Concerns:**[[/span]][[/size]]
[[size 130%]][[span style="color:#6BAB30;"]]**Asset Summary:**[[/span]][[/size]]
[[size 130%]][[span style="color:#6BAB30;"]]**Maintenance and Operation:**[[/span]]
[[size 130%]][[span style="color:#6BAB30;"]]**Security Restrictions:**[[/span]][[/size]]
[[size 130%]][[span style="color:#6BAB30;"]]**Assigned To:**[[/span]][[/size]]
Other formats will be disclosed soon. Keep tuning in!