News for January 2019

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • Reviewer's Spotlight - The monthly themed articles have been replaced! In their place, spotlights from some of our forum critters have taken their place!
  • The cliche con kicked off and finished this month! Look down below for more information!

Featured Articles

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

  • SCP-4164 ("The Universal Instruction Manual") by LiterallyMechanical, selected by scprnp.
  • SCP-4999 ("Someone to Watch Over Us") by CadaverCommander, selected by Shanor.
  • Introductory Antimemetics by qntm, selected by MathBrush.
  • SCP-3431 ("Refuse Koala") by Zyn, selected by Reverend Fox.

Cliche-Con 2019!

clichecon.png

Made by dentixvoxel - find more of their art here!

The first contest of 2019 started off with a bang! And if you think that's cliche, that's a good thing, because the theme of this contest was cliches! Hooray! Voting closes out soon, so make sure to get your votes in!



You will notice little '📈' emojis besides some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of January 1st:

SCPs

  • 📈SCP-3592 ("Kindertransport") - "Historical evidence shows that most of the 250 children on board died under Nazi occupation." Written by Wils.
  • SCP-4496 ("Gold Plastic Syndrome (Infectious)") - Transformers Beast Wars SCP? SIGN ME UP! Written by SJolene.
  • SCP-4501 ("At The Mountains Of Minty Freshness") - Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Minthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, minty fresh. Written by Waxwing-one.
  • 📈SCP-4323 ("Touch") - a half forgotten song - where do I… belong? Written by Randomini.
  • SCP-4923 ("[ACCESS DENIED]") - Written by Randomini… Or no one, depending on perspective.
  • SCP-351 ("Read-Only Memory") - =^..^= MEOW Written by NatVoltaic and Meserach
  • SCP-3841 ("Death & Rebirth") - That's no moon… Written by NatVoltaic.
  • SCP-4644 ("Sea, Sky, and Spirit") - Metempsychosis is a beautiful thing. Written by AlleraRey and Zyn.
  • Hey! Vsauce! peach time here. Now, I'm sure you're wondering "What is the sky?", or, more importantly, SCP-4515 ("Why is the Sky?") -
  • 📈SCP-4065 ("The Customer Is Always Right") - Even when they're not. Written by Arcade0416.
  • 📈SCP-4940 ("Continuity Anchor") - ERROR CONTINUITY NOT FOUND Written by Ouran-OS.
  • SCP-4177 ("50% Off") - Miracle weight loss. Written by MaliceAforethought.
  • 📈SCP-4369 ("The Cassandra Effect") - "And with the final backdraft, Charlie and his wife will succumb to the flames." Written by ManyMeats.
  • 📈SCP-3352 ("Caldera Extractor") - Acne cream! Written by Doctor Peterson.
  • SCP-4734-EX ("It Was Inside You All Along") - It's just fucking juice. Written by OthellotheCat.
  • SCP-2304 (""Like This Image To Die Instantly"") - I've been spam liking it for days and I'm not dying. Was this a ploy for upvotes, Rounderhouse?!
  • SCP-2348 ("sky") - Remember when we asked "Why is the sky?" I think now it would be prudent to ask "WHAT is the sky" Written by NatVoltaic.
  • 📈SCP-4359 ("Sash Lantern") - Shining a light on mining. Written by Reverend Fox.
  • SCP-4266 ("The Thing that Makes You Kill People") - "SUBJECT: He said I could survive. He said I could live forever." Written by gishface.

Tales

  • 📈Up Right Left And Down Under - "Those who are kangaroos have a fundamental understanding that the ultimate goal of living is to achieve "mad air", a concept that humans just wouldn't get." Written by Stallmantic.
  • 📈Twenty-Step Death March To UltraHell - "Egret stabbed a man in a nice suit. Again and again, until his security detail got to her." Written by Pedantique.
  • 📈Fullmusic Astrobiologist - "Ok so. First off, what MY band did isn't math rock. It's NP rock. It's like… you know KMFDM? It's the difference between industrial music and the Ultra-Heavy Beat." Written by A Random Day.
  • 📈The Enemy of my Enemy is my Co-Founder - "I, James Cole, being of sound mind, have realized that I must expiate my sins. I have killed a man." Written by Gabriel Jade.
  • Like a Rock - "If I could get my years back, I would spend more of them protecting anomalies. And so I will, until I cannot anymore." Written by Cyantreuse.
  • 📈Memories and Marsupials - "Welcome, to the Hidden Sanctuary, home to the only species of sapient Kangaroos." Written by TheManhattenProject.
  • 📈Ombres Malvants: 4) Blackout - "My profession, sir? Medicine. At which, I flatter myself, I have no small skill." Written by psul.
  • Wipe that golden tear from your mother dear, and raise what's left of the flag for me - "Are you kidding me? I've wanted to be a pirate since I was a little kid." Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • 📈Change Your Past in One Easy Step! - "Once in a lifetime offer, never happening again, you’re not special, Change Your Future Ltd. is not responsible for any changes to the future that changes to the past may cause." Written by Zachary Maxwell.
  • 17 Luxemburg Prospekt - "Behind her, her apartment was slowly consumed in flames. The body of Katerina went up like a bundle of kindling." Written by Gaffsey.
  • Claw And Order - "Rock beats scissors, bitches." Written by Weryllium.
  • You do not recognise the cabin by the water - "THERE IS NO LAKE IN ████████ COUNTY YOU NEVER WENT TO THE LAKE YOU DO NOT RECOGNISE THE BODIES IN THE WATER YOU DO NOT RECOGNISE THE CABIN BY THE WATER" Written by Tufto.
  • Pounded in the Butt by the Screaming Gristle Beacon from Site-Everything (NSFW) - "You already discovered my life will be nothing but red gay lifestyle with this!" Written by PeppersGhost.
  • A Tale Of Petty Revenge - "All employees are asked to not microwave any form of fish or seafood. This rule will be thoroughly enforced." Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • 📈Dead?! - "One person? One? Are you kidding me? I asked for at least fifteen people, heck the last time a major project closed we ended up with over twenty, and I didn't even ask for anybody." Written by Mina the witch.
  • 📈I just found me a brand new box of matches - "What makes you think you can trespass on my land and live, upstart quadroon?" Written by mayoculpa.
  • It was night in the lonesome October - "I have a queer feeling about the townsfolk; while they seem welcoming, I can feel the suspicion about them. They do not trust outsiders, and I fear the manager at the Black Garden may have spied the badge within my luggage." Written by Ihp.
  • S & C Plastics Actually Does Their Job - "Jesus, do we even have like, the equipment for that? I mean— you’re asking for us to actually start being a plastics company! That takes a lot of stuff! Clients, materials, machines, actual knowledge of manufacturing!" Written by Ellie3.
  • From The Clutches Of Life - "Joyce tried not to cry. She didn’t like crying. But she couldn’t help herself this time." Written by Captain Kirby.
  • 📈Autonomy, Part IV - "Oh, absolutely nothing. There are too many iterations of the individual in existence at this point for any sort of sapience to be tied to it." Written by Cyantreuse.
  • 📈That Monster Which We Call Grief - "Grief can do strange things." Written by Zachary Maxwell.
  • 📈Fragmented Memory 1289 - "Huh, the locks I placed are almost gone. You are fast. Well, my planet needs me. Got to go soon." Written by Baronjoe.

GOI Formats

  • 'Para-Pedigrees' PED464/CAN33/LUP22 - [Marshall, Carter, and Dark] "There are enough critters under our care in need of loving homes, and it just recently became easy to adopt them out. The last thing these poor things need is an influx of unusual critters crowding them out." Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • Hare 023: The Cheshire Cat - [Chicago Spirit] "We figured that the Spooks had someone tailing us for a while. We didn't figure they were going to send the Joseph Christoph. He was the man who crippled the Irrealta Family in New York. Earned himself a target on his back and a king's bounty on his head for it." Written by Rounderhouse and Uncle Nicolini
  • Project Proposals 2004-013/2014-114/2024-072: "Losing Your Cool" - [Are We Cool Yet?] "All in all, what you did wasn't very cool." Written by Captain Kirby.
  • Ambrose Thorn Valley - [Ambrose Restaurants] "On my last visit, the Twice-Blessed Ragout was a bit disappointing. The sauce is so decadent one can barely taste the cancer." Written by mayoculpa.
  • Fifteenth Anonymous Donation - [Manna Charitable Foundation] "I'm requesting emergency evacuation, ASAP. Please dispatch emergency surgeons, we can't bear to see Alice hold her intestines in a wicker basket and her voice gave out an hour ago but we still hear the screaming." Written by Uncle Nicolini.

Author Pages

Misc

  • Ouroboros - It all comes back to itself in the end. Written by djkaktus.

Week of January 8th:

SCPs

  • 📈SCP-4637 ("Resource Allocation") - Trust no one. Not even yourself. Written by 440 Hertz.
  • SCP-3794 ("Salsa Hammer") - You ever hit someone with a hammer only to have them turn into salsa? Written by Weryllium.
  • 📈SCP-4682 ("Body Dysmorphia Mirror") - Reflecting sometimes leads one to question their choices. Written by TechSorcerer2747.
  • SCP-3723 ("Already Perfect") - Sometimes the world can be a good place. Written by ashburystreet.
  • SCP-4785 ("Infohazardous Cabinet") - 👋 Written by not_a_seagull.
  • SCP-4603 ("The Ballad of Frank and Mia; Written and Composed in B-Major") - The sound of heartbreak. Written by HotColes.
  • SCP-4364 ("Let Him Eat Cake") - MORE CAKE. Written by taylor_itkin.
  • 📈SCP-4448 ("The Elk in the Lake") - Wheelin, dealing, and swimming. Written by neur0ticslug.

Tales

  • 📈the happiest days of our lives - "Kilroy had Walt’s own radio set to Toxic now." Written by thefriendlyvandal.
  • 📈Scars On Cold Metal. - "All that is left is red." Written by Doctor North.
  • Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These - “I’ll pass then. My loyalty is to myself first, those who are of use to me second.” Written by DrChandra.
  • 📈Out of Many, One - "Charles Hull considered if he had just become a god." Written by Zmax15.
  • 📈Staring Down the Barrel of a Sun - "Until the end of that eternity came, there was ever more sleepless work to be done." Written by Pedantique.
  • 📈A Legend, of Low Birth - "A whole two? Wow, that's incredible. Practically Alexander the Great over here." Written by Stallmantic.
  • Document recovered from a Parallel Universe - "The green-feathered girl is beginning to rot." Written by not_a_seagull.
  • 📈Domino Effect - "THOSE FUCKING KANGAROOS!" Written by TheManhattenProject.
  • Even The Most Masked Of Men Become Themselves Behind Closed Doors - "So, I write about a fictional universe. A good way to take a break from this real one." Written by Captain Kirby.
  • 📈The Spirit of Dark and Lonely Water - "The Spirit was pulling him down – she was strong and meaningful and determined." Written by Zachary Maxwell.
  • You Have Roaches - "That's the spirit, dude. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and, y'know, be okay with it taking a while." Written by fieldstone.
  • 📈Indicted - "Eyes can deceive." Written by Doctor North.
  • 1346-1 - "I know whoever's reading this will want to know what was beyond that door. I won't tell you. All I will tell you is it's out now." Written by Researcher Calloway.
  • Freedom, Forever - "Pleasure, pain, comfort, care, colours, the mind, paradise. It all dies in the dark, alone and screaming." Written by Tufto.
  • Wonder World Dossier - "If you're reading this, it is because you've got a certain level of experience with the weirder things the Foundation deals with, know a thing or two about thaumaturgy, are knowledgeable on spatial anomalies, or Director Aktus doesn't like you." Written by Uncle Nicolini.

GOI Formats

Week of January 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-2743 ("Slow Dancing in the Dark") - From the stars, sacrifice. From sacrifice, salvation. Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • 📈SCP-4987 ("Now Face North") - Nerf the North. Written by WrongJohnSilver.
  • SCP-1712 ("An Unusual Occurrence On August 11th, 1959") - He was a skater Boyd/I said see ya later Boyd/and then he exited the atmosphere. Rewritten by Uncle Nicolini, originally written by Roget.
  • 📈SCP-4772 ("Kurentovanje") - Sometimes, to counter declining birth rates, you have to turn 20-30% of your unmarried men into depressed bone creatures. Written by Schach.
  • 📈SCP-4059 ("The Jersey Devil") - The rednecks are all that stand between the world and the anomalous. Written by TheMightyMcB.
  • SCP-4043 ("Gaia") - "[You are an answer to a problem.]" Written by GentleGifts.
  • 📈SCP-4345 ("Even Though I'm No Better Than a Tree, Don't I Have the Right to Live?") - "When men did battle, their roots grew well from the succor and strength of dirt mixed blood. From this union, bore fruit. And when it grew sweat, the fruit caught fire in its flesh that lit the night a burning bush." Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • 📈SCP-3611 ("The Yamauchi Deck") - Just a simple game of cards. Written by minmin.
  • 📈SCP-4870 ("Something's Wrong with Site-17") - The most narcissistic turtle in the world. Written by ItsDenali.
  • 📈SCP-4064 ("Waiting To Come Back, or, Coming Back, or, To Have Come Back From The Abyss") - Trial and error. Written by Alchos.
  • SCP-4610 ("cloud compute by dado") - "While the specific extension used by the file, .dado, is not a recognised extension of any standard file type, it has been found to work on all tested operating systems." Written by Mecheon.
  • 📈SCP-4303 ("Wild Rose") - Potty the Potted Plant has met with some unfortunate circumstances. Written by Warbreaker.
  • SCP-2541 ("Like a Lemon, Sexuality Looks Beautiful and Alluring…") - Fuck hard, but fuck responsibly. Written by OthellotheCat.
  • SCP-3721 ("It's Just Spoiled Milk. I Promise.") - There's probably a time traveler out there who just really doesn't want anyone to mess with their milk. Written by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • 📈SCP-3658 ("The Time Walker") - A chronon. What happens when you cross a proton with time travel? Written by exine.
  • SCP-3583 ("Hellbus") - Ms. Frizzle isn't real. Written by Voct.
  • SCP-4469 ("ASMR: But I Come Out of the Screen and Beat You with a Shoe") - "What are you gonna do, huh? Come out of my screen and beat me with a shoe?" Written by KindlyTurtleClem.

Tales

  • The Ethics Committee's Guide to Human Anomalies - We do what we must. Written by Cyantreuse.
  • 📈Pozz - It's one of those "got killed and came back as a gray skinned, five eyed, horned physic creature" kind of days. Written by rain_v.
  • COMPWAN Source Manipulator - "Please wait, ritual is being built. Progress: ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 100%" Written by Woedenaz.
  • 📈I'm Me, Not Debris - "Still, that was not me in the photos; I was debris." Written by Zachary Maxwell.
  • Persephone Project - "He missed when things were simple, when just shooting the bastard was the obvious and correct option." Written by Gabriel Jade and Uncle Nicolini.
  • I'll Remember You - "O5-1 laid sprawled out on the desert ground and slowly succumbed to death. The prospect of death had never truly hit O5-1, and in his mind it never would have." Written by Elogee FishTruck.
  • 📈MC&D: The Chess Game - "A gracious offer./One Unjust, an endless debt./Payment, overdue." Written by Doctor North.
  • 📈Ode on a Slasher - There is a square man with a dark face, death written on his brow. Written by AFX Neuromancer.

Author Pages

Misc

Week of January 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-3739 ("Mind-Milk™ by Moosphere, Inc.") - "SCP-3739 manifests from the human noosphere as the company Moosphere, Incorporated: A gestalt thought-based dairy corporation threatening an impending CK-Class restructuring event." Written by Lt Flops and KindlyTurtleClem.
  • SCP-4729 ("Beauty From Pain") - I try to keep warm, but I just grow colder… Written by Weryllium.
  • 📈SCP-273-J ("‘Freezies’") - Sponsered by FRUIT™: Eat It Up! Written by DrMartens.
  • 📈SCP-4129 ("For Here or To-Go?") - Sandwiches are best at home anyways. Written by ThisNameIsTaken.
  • SCP-4873 ("This Town Ain't Big Enough") - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly plays in the distance. Written by ShoesMafia.
  • 📈SCP-4711 ("The Inconvenience Store") - "Fuck every single person who walks in. All of them, equally and wholly." Written by Qpalzo.
  • SCP-4026 ("Happy Feet") - It's less happy feet, more happy growth of fingers and fingernails. Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • 📈SCP-3781 ("OK ペインター!") - "Input: "OK Painter, You are already dead. !" Written by stoymyboy.
  • 📈SCP-4490 ("Open your mind a little!") - "There is also a label for drug facts on the back of the label, and often includes listings for ingredients that do not exist. Examples include listings for; “magic dust”, “liquid void”, and “the color blue.”" Written by ZooBooks.
  • 📈SCP-4072 ("GamePal™") - Finally, a produce made for true Gamers! Written by SpringingTraps.
  • SCP-4760 ("The Other Eye") - He still watches. Written by djkaktus.
  • SCP-3462 (“Lights, Camera, REDACTION”) - This block has been busted for the very last time. Written by Deadly Bread.
  • 📈SCP-4424 ("The Train With No Final Station") - She took the midnight train going Nowhere. Written by MarioToast.

Tales

GOI Formats

  • Ambrose Makiling - [Ambrose Restraunt] Good food can be a rarity sometimes. Written by Erudius Nacht.

Author Pages


Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists who consistently released new work throughout the month and whose art output is worth following. Click through to their profile pages on various sites to find follow/subscribe/watch options.


MrKlay - the creator of the new "SCP-106, mid emergence" image and the "SITE 22" short film has been sharing renders for his next planned project - an SCP-096 short film (click the cropped thumbnails for full images and more information):
SCP-096 (animated)mrklay-1.jpgSCP-096 test rendermrklay-2.jpgSCP-096 postermrklay-3.jpg

Click here to see MrKlay's older videos.


Will Burke, well known for their drawings of Eldritch Garfield, has taken an interest in SCP this month:
SCP-106will-burke-1.jpgSCP-303will-burke-2.jpgSCP-3008will-burke-3.jpg

More of Will Burke's drawings here.


Cweeperz took a break from drawing their comedic SCP series "Irresponsible Researchers" (seen in the link below) to share a few works in progress done in a more detailed style:
SCP-2521cweeperz-1.jpgSCP-106cweeperz-2.jpgSCP-217cweeperz-3.jpg

See more than 100 SCP drawings by Cweeperz on their profile.


MireGari on Twitter has been consistently making high quality SCP art for some time. Here are just a few of their January creations:
Dr. Clefmiregari-1.jpgDr. Kondrakimiregari-2.jpgConner from Lord Bung's "Confinement"miregari-3.jpg

See more of MireGari's tweets.


FloofyDwagon on DeviantArt takes some time to make SCP images in various styles once in a while. Last time they made a batch of minimalist vector posters for iconic articles, now they are back with a different style - painted illustrations of mostly high concept articles.
SCP-3003floofydwagon-1.jpgSCP-1983floofydwagon-2.jpgSCP-3478floofydwagon-3.jpg

See the rest of FloofyDwagon's art.


kayaqi has made a few SCP illustrations this month in their signature clean and sleek style and with excellent composition.
SCP-035kayaqi-1.jpgSCP-049kayaqi-2.jpg

Follow kayaqi here.


New artwork pages on this Wiki:

  • Loiterer's Art Page - Loiterer87 has been contributing to the site for a while and now they now have a page to show all their works
  • jimmyboyhaha-s-stuff - JimmyBoyHaha's whimsical constrained pallette creations live here

Artwork pages that have had additions this month:

See the Artists Pages (Redirect) for a listing of over 70 artwork pages on this wiki.


Other fandom news:

  • The subreddit r/SCPDeclassified published 7 new explanations of complex SCPs and two AMAs with prolific SCP authors - Ihp and Uncle Nicolini.

Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License