News for February 2018

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

Welcome to this installment of site news, where we look forward to another month of SCPs!

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Featured Articles

  • The featured articles for February were SCP-2152 (Home™) by acc1177, Naptime by eskobar, and Sixteenth Wondertainment Donation by dr reach. The first is about a vaporwave loving statue head, the second is a tale of a child trying to get away from never ending staring eyes, and the third details the acquisition of the Fantastic Wonderbirds™ by the Manna Charitable Foundation!

Event Featured Articles

The theme for the month of February was engraved!

  • In SCP-2762 (Moon Snakes), by Anaxagoras, the president has to worry about a bit more than public opinion polls.
  • In SCP-1184 (Truth), by dragonnyxx, perception of reality is stretched to its absolute maximum.
  • In SCP-1418 (The Dowager's Comb), by SRegan, a Lady leaves behind a sinister legacy. If, of course, she even existed in the first place.

Congratulations to
Rimple
For winning the 72-Hour Jam Contest!
Their articles:
SCP-3880, SCP-3772, SCP-3224

Contest Articles

On Febuary 20, the 72-hour Jam contest concluded! Congratulations to Rimple for winning first place and weryllium for winning second place! Check out the 72-Hour Jam Contest Hub for more information!

Day One Theme: Murder Mystery!

All Entries of Day One:

Day Two Theme: Tropical!

All Entries of Day Two:

Day Three Theme: "It was a dark and stormy night…"

All Entries of Day Three:


Week of February 1st:

SCPs

  • SCP-3128 ("Let's Play Monopoly!") - Do not pass go. Written by The Great Hippo.
  • SCP-3245 ("Mr. Playing Games Is Bad For Your Health") - "They wanted me to be like the Six Million Dollar Man but with games. What a life to aspire to." Written by Roget.
  • SCP-3207 ("The Think-Tank") - Art is a strange, brain-in-a-jar-war-machine thing indeed. Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-3136 ("Here Be Monsters") - The sea is my canvas, its creatures my pen. Written by Stallmantic.
  • SCP-3138 ("A Sepulcher by the Sea") - Literature: the best way to hide a body. Written by The Great Hippo.
  • SCP-3124 ("Not a Football") - A screen saver physically manifested. Written by Communism will win.
  • SCP-3242 ("Operative Disease Mouse") - "The subject is an unknown organism restructured into a self-building program made for the assumed purpose of stealing information." Written by Presque.
  • SCP-3318 ("CAN YOU SEE ME") - "SORRY MY BROTHER WAS ON MY ACCOUNT THIS IS THE REAL 05-1" Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-3377 ("Benevolent Wine Connoisseur") - An Foundation paid excuse to drink fine wine or an actual wine powered ritual? You decide. Written by LilyFlower.
  • SCP-3170 ("Only Acting") - "Exhuming her body showed that its stomach had been stuffed with approximately 150 meters of Super 8mm footage of SCP-3170."Written by Taffeta.
  • SCP-3176 ("Estimated Time Of Arrival") - Back to the Future 4: Containment Breach. Written by MaliceAforethought.
  • SCP-3225 ("Dream for Ourselves Alone") - Away the land of dreams, the only respite from the cruelties of life. Written by Edapurg.
  • SCP-0002-J ("Toilet Humor") - This one will certainly flush you away. Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • SCP-3810 ("The Universe") - Familiar places and familiar faces. But their eyes are all wrong. Written by kingpogan.
  • SCP-3197 ("A Trickster God for the Modern Age") - "For yours is the market and the profit and the glory; Forever and ever; Amen." Written by ZoltanBerrigomo.
  • SCP-3134 ("The Things Left Behind") - "Observation by on-site personnel has revealed that SCP-3134's diet consists mainly of unexploded shells, grenades and human remains." Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-3403 ("Summer Dogs") - Ghosts of a sweeter time. Written by Zolgamax.
  • SCP-3156 ("Civilization Carrier Case") - As if spiders and insects weren't bad enough already. Written by QBE.
  • SCP-3559 ("Best Thing Since") - The doughboys of russia make some mean pastries. Written by Rimple.

Tales

  • No Racing By Horse-Drawn Vehicles - Horses are strange creatures indeed. Written by Zachary Maxwell.
  • Rocks And Trees Are Not Good Company - "Most wouldn’t recognize her as such, since it’s hard to correctly imagine a person from just their skeleton." Written by Captain Kirby.
  • Micky D's - “Alright Ruprecht, for the sake of argument let’s assume that McDonald’s branding itself as McD is tarnishing our brand and this is impacting our bottom line." Written by DrChandra.
  • This Year - "She was focused intently on packing the bat shit into a rough humanoid shape, carving sigils into the torso with her fingernails and dripping her blood into the indents." Written by Rimple.
  • An Unusual Incident - "There was a large splatter of what appeared to be seedless strawberry jam on the boss’s office door." Written by Toa_Vine.
  • Two Falls Out Of Three - Yet it still gets a perfect 10/10. Written by Tiefling.
  • Husk - Time is always difficult to keep track of. Written by RecursiveRecursion.
  • Worse Than Fear - “It would result in something more akin to an episode of Scooby Doo than a breach of 682 or 106’s magnitude." Written by Illyrias_Acolyte.

GOI Formats

Author's Pages

Misc

Week of February 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-3466 ("Only Birdbrains Live the American Dream") - The birdpocalypse seems to be more real estate oriented than thought. Written by DarkStuff.
  • SCP-3345 ("Crime Novel") - Write your own story with your own crime. Written by Dr Count Laughter.
  • SCP-3626 ("Do not stop reading this document") - "Do not stop reading this document. Do not look away from the screen. Ignore any and all unusual sounds around you." Written by kemoT01.
  • SCP-3843 ("Sam") - "Snake…I'm going to kill you and the KGB now and get all my salt and meats at ZANZIBAR LAND! Have at me!" Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-3833 ("Welcome to the Top of the Mountain") - Sometimes, it gets lonely up a the top. Written by not_a_seagull.
  • SCP-3991 (""Lewis Island"") - A single island, pointing upwards in defiance of the laws of physics. Written by Waspus.
  • SCP-3898 ("The Burden") - It is a simple question: do you accept The Burden? Written by CadaverCommander.
  • SCP-3738 ("Casting Lots") - Physics got nothing on parking lots. Written by Weryllium.
  • SCP-3490 ("Bubblesssssssssssssssssss") - The cloud people, man, the fucking cloud people. Written by MrBazzle.
  • SCP-3153 ("Bugging Me") - It's like a cat, if a cat were a 1.76 meter centipede which shed body parts from its own body. Written by GibberingEloquence.
  • SCP-3230 ("Intergalactic Isolation") - What better place to hide than a black hole. Written by 9Volt.
  • SCP-3889 ("The Greatest Fisherman Who Ever Lived") - "'Cause as heavy as our burden is now, the ones I fish are just the babies." Written by CadaverCommander.
  • SCP-3198 ("Miniature Task Force") - Attack on Foundation. Written by ChrisAKAPiefish.

Tales

  • Fresh Air - This time, there doesn't seem to be any Van Helsings around. Written by RecursiveRecursion.
  • Smarks - "Panzer vacated the XXL Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Championship title. The camera watching her smiled in delight." Written by Tiefling.
  • The Vanishing of Vincent Anderson - It's the End of the Line for Vincent. Written by Jacob Conwell.
  • ANTI-PUBLIC Interference - Those who have betrayed free thought must answer for their crime. ObserverSeptember.
  • Grim - "All along the roadside were bits of shrapnel and viscera, most likely from poor animals that mistook the cylindrical apparatus for something they could touch without punishment. " Written by Ihp.
  • Last Mission of Zeus-4 - "Goddammit, Jeremy, we're sitting three feet away from each other! You can drop the 'over' thing!" Written by Illyrias_Acolyte.
  • BobbleCon 2018 - "BobbleCon 2018 had been difficult to organize - so much of the fandom was in prison or otherwise indisposed - but they’d finally managed to snag a venue and a good chunk of attendants. " Written by Tanhony.
  • Ave Imperator - "Status: FAILED. Loyalty value below acceptable levels. Archival proficiency: 56%." Written by MaliceAforethought.
  • City of Wonder™ - "“Hand over your hall passes and I’ll stamp them with frowny faces,” the Hall Monitor said. “Three frowny faces and your hall passes will be revoked.” Written by DrChandra.
  • What Do You Think Love Feels Like Once You Understand It? - Dance and dance, until your worries melt away. Written by Decibelles.
  • Unstylish, Watery Blue - "Yes you do. I saw the 2118 tapes, I saw how you put 3424 in a locker. Why would you put them through that if you didn’t hate them?" Written by ahbonjour.
  • In the Manner of a Bad Apple - "A third rider was a normal dog, sitting and panting as though it was just where it wanted to be." Written by Pedantique.

Week of February 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-3127 - ("Nineteen Year Old Jessica Lambert And A Female Pig Of Abnormal Size, Forever") - "In place of internal organs, SCP-3127's body contains a large number of organisms resembling miniature versions of Jessica Lambert, all of which are constantly screaming." Written by Tanhony
  • SCP-3511 - ("Reach Out And Touch") - Sometimes, a hug is all that's needed to mend a lost soul. Written by Captain Kirby
  • SCP-3180 ("No Strangers to Love") - Written by ZoltanBerrigomo
  • SCP-3876 ("Tussie Mussie") - Love knows no boundries. Written by Karnickel
  • SCP-3290 ("Righteous Punishment for Vampires") - Let the sinners bleed for justice. Written by Decibelles
  • SCP-3302 ('"The Jim Look"') - "From the point of the first “Jim Look” onward, viewers will uncontrollably recreate the “Jim Look” action every time they perceive a statement as unintelligent." Written by TheeSherm
  • SCP-3980 ("Blind Lead the Blind") - "The interviewer is led to the Site morgue for postmortem examination. Four guards were necessary to restrain him." Written by Shaggydredlocks
  • SCP-3946 ("Situation Normal") - The ship does what the ship pleases. Written by FearAndPanic
  • SPC-173 ("SPC-173") - "The reddish brown substance in the resort pool is a combination of A1 Steak Sauce and Hawaiian Punch. The origin of these materials is unknown, but they have been reported to be delicious." Written by Shaggydredlocks
  • SCP-3769 ("Evolutionary Rescission Device") - Our future lies within our evolution. Written by Wildman8
  • SCP-3213 ("F*ck off Carl.") - "Seal 1: Go fuck yourself, Carl!" Written by Doctor Cimmerian
  • SCP-3801 ("Based on a True Story") - All stories have to start somewhere. Written by Lady Zenth
  • SCP-3280 ("After the Storm") - And the silent falling of rain was all that was left. Written by Shaggydredlocks
  • Billith's Proposal ("CODE NAME: BILLITH - The World at Large") - "SCP-001 is the designation for the planetary body known as Earth." Written by TheBillith
  • SCP-3986 ("The Observatory of Genghis Khan") - True wonder is created not out of understanding, but from a lack of it. Written by Tufto
  • SCP-3147 ("Tongue Twisted") - "While the effect is active, each affected individual gains the ability to control the oral cavity of another member of the group." Written by Jim North

Tales

GOI Formats

Misc

Week of February 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-3842 ("Life-Emitting Diode") - The soft, blinking light of dead times. Written by Axonium
  • Tanhony's Proposal ("CODE NAME: Tanhony - Dead Men") - "SCP-001 is an 84-year-old male who has been conceptually merged with the universal process of death." Written by Tanhony
  • SCP-150 ("Ship of Theseus") - It all felt like a subtle itch just beneath the skin. Written by Decibelles and A Random Day
  • SCP-1563 ("Property Markers") - Trespassing is highly discouraged. Written by Choiwel
  • SCP-3204 ("The Quantum Horse") - "SCP-3204 has been described as having outstretched wings (Pegasus), a horn (Unicorn), both, and neither." Written by RazgrizS57
  • SCP-3161 ("The Plight of Poor Sir Gregor") - While skeletons may be known for their puns, they aren't very famous for their memory. Written by onetruegentleman
  • SCP-3282 ("The Worm of Your Dreams") - Sometimes when stress has you down, you just have to get swallowed entirely by a magic worm. Written by AnOddlyClassyGecko and Zyn
  • SCP-3166 ("You Have No Idea How Alone You Are, Garfield") -"However, analysis of SCP-3166's composition in the field has shown that its interior mass is composed entirely out of pasta: specifically, lasagna. " Written by Tanhony
  • SCP-3983 ("To Petition the Dead") - For judgement in death and even beyond. Written by CadaverCommander
  • SCP-\̅\̅\̅\̅-J ("SCP-\̅\̅\̅\̅-J") - They said the robots would take our jobs and we were fools not to listen. Assembled by PeppersGhost
  • SCP-3656 ("Governments in Exile") - Even countries can have ghosts. Written by ModernMajorGeneral
  • SCP-3897 ("Mother's Eye Is Upon You") - "SCP-3897 is an aggregate of fused human corpses, with an estimated mass of 250,000 kilograms." Written by CadaverCommander
  • SCP-3395 ("The Servants of Fire") - And in a moment, a way of life was changed forever. Written by ObserverSeptember
  • SCP-3255 ("A Light Shining Through The Holes Inside Your Eyelids") -"All specimens of SCP-3255-2 have had their heads removed and replaced with a spherical object of the same size resembling a miniature star, which floats several centimeters above their necks." Written by Tanhony
  • SCP-3256 ("Web of Murder") - And even in death, people still get tangled in the strings. Written by Ihp
  • SCP-3285 ("creative comas") - Take care to make sure that all of your dreams are properly licensed. Written by ObserverSeptember
  • SCP-3135 ("Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Journey Continues!") - Fan-fic writers are a resource which have only been recently taken advantage of. Written by Tanhony

Tales

  • The William Penn Iteration - Wake up from dream after dream, endlessly chasing after the threads of reality. Written by LordStonefish
  • Non-Volatile Memory - '"Your ghosts have come back to haunt you, Mr. Anderson," Aaron chuckled. "And we need your help."' Written by Jacob Conwell
  • The Revolution Will Be Televised - War is fun and good for ratings. Written by Tanhony
  • The End Has No End - "It is very difficult to bandage a wound that is spitting flames." Written by TyGently
  • All Words Are Lies - Lie and lie and lie and lie, until the truth stops being true. Written by TheBillith
  • Nx-03 - There are few places where the anomalous communities can meet in peace. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it…. Written by stormbreath
  • Thousand-Tooth Rat Trap - "Meet violence with violence, and always be ready to use more of it." Written by Pedantique

GOI Formats

Misc

  • Misfire Hub - A murder mystery, a beach and a dark, stormy night…what could go wrong? Written by Decibelles

Fandom stuff

Nothing to report

Fanart

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License