News for April 2019

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • Bearitage Collection, a replacement for The Heritage Collection, came online on April 1st before meeting a grizzly fate on April 2nd.
  • The Wanderers' Library has been relaunched with a brand new look and a vision for the future.

Featured Articles

  • SCP-4474 ("Steve, and 0ther Gods") by Mortos - "SCP-4474-1 can communicate in English, claims to be "the God of middle-aged white men named Steve", and that its name is also Steve."
  • SCP-3841 ("Death & Rebirth") by NatVoltaic - "SCP-3841 designates the remnants of a halted K-Class event (K-3841) that occurred on the exoplanet Luyten b at an unknown time in the recent past."
  • SCP-3662 ("The Doomsday Clock") by Ayers - "As subjects are conscious within SCP-3662, psychological effects of isolation may also compound damage to the individual."
  • Unclogging the Multiverse's Trash by NatVoltaic - "Lake Ontario is a hotbed for dimensional weirdness."

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

  • SCP-3741 ("The World Is Your Oyster") by TheMightyMcB, selected by TheMightyMcB.
  • SCP-2589 ("Don't Leave Me This Way") by faminepulse, selected by ihp.
  • SCP-1193 ("Buried Giant") by ophite, selected by Crashington.
  • SCP-3758 ("The Last Dodo") by daveyoufool, selected by Schumacher.

You will notice little 'πŸ“ˆ' emojis besides some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of April 1st:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4984 ("Mycelium memoriae") - Memories, like mushrooms, are rather hard to suppress. Written by DrIsmael and Zyn
  • SCP-4087 ("Absence of a Knife") - Knife? What knife? Written by The Great Hippo.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4570 ("Almost Heaven, West Virginia") - BLUE RIDGE MOOOOUNTAAAAAIN Written by Deadly Bread.
  • Another djkaktus Proposal ("There's a rumbly in his tumbly") - This article is illegal in China. Written by djkaktus.
  • SCP-4633 ("Rock, Paper, Yog-Sothoth") - No dude, you can't just bust out eldtrich beings when you're losing. :/ Written by Mortos.
  • SCP-4360 ("TreeVee") - The finest in tree-based television! Written by OthellotheCat.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4260 ("The Subdirective") - The Subdirective will be achieved. It must. Written by Nagiros.
  • SCP-4089 ("Untoothing") - TEETH 4 CASH Written by The Great Hippo.
  • SCP-4775 ("The Absolute Gall") - Another god damn Captain Kirby with a god damn pun title.
  • SCP-4161 ("METEMPSYCHOSIS.") - WINDOWS XP ON A MONK Written by Rounderhouse.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4092 ("Rubber Stepdad") - HI! I'M YOUR NEW STEPDAD! Written by LXHauptmann.
  • SCP-4510 ("Avelar Express First Class Primeβ„’!") - Jeff Bezos best watch out. Written by DrAnnoyingDog.
  • SCP-4951 ("South-Central Protective Services' new Containment Insurance Entity") - It is not hostile, merely French. Written by Gabriel Jade.
  • SCP-4107 ("Dead") - This one is a headscratcher. Written by PeppersGhost.
  • SCP-4195 ("Reaping What You Sow") - Aren't flowers lovely? Written by Alces_alces.

Tales

Hubs

  • Bearitage Collection - "The WWS Bearitage Collection is an official "Hall of Fame" containing articles that are considered both iconic and easily recognizable as featuring bears." Written by Uncle Nicolini. (2019 April Fools!)
  • Cack Hub - "The cack hard cinematic universe is home to a bunch of dumb stupid stuff, mostly weird crack fiction. Cack fiction, if you will." Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • Skip to the Good Part, March 2019 - "Skip to the Good Part is a monthly column in which I briefly talk about the articles I found particularly interesting from the previous month." Written by Mortos.

Other

Week of April 8th:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4556 ("[ACCESS DENIED]") - A cozy little cabinet. Written by atomicthumbs.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4139 ("Fridge Backpack") - One WONDERFUL Fridge! Written by Gibbon Man.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4860 ("[ACCESS DENIED]") - I don't trust clowns. Written by kingpogan.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4380 ("Pretty Fly for a Fungi") - Pretty fun for a flyguy. Written by K_Solari.
  • SCP-4979 ("In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future") - Gently. Slowly. This is how a life is dragged on forever. Written by DrChandra.
  • SCP-4128 ("Action Comics #1") - Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's… some guy. Written by anamazingfantasy.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4802 ("Dirty Birdy") - My goodness, how rude. Written by ManyMeats.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-3657 ("Posthumous Hero") - He's not a hero. He's a coffee shop. Written by Westrin, rewritten by Uncle Nicolini
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4803 ("The Man Documenting") - Sympathy for the robot devil. Written by CorpseOfBixby.
  • SCP-4134 ("Claymore Anti-Personnel Mimes") - "Mimes will defend the Eiffel Tower when no one else will. Written by devonmartin.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4425 ("Chef Arkady's Canned Surprise!") - Homegrown organic meals do the body good. Written by HotColes.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4122 ("The Second-long Pipe") - Second as in the second numerically or a measure of time? Read to find out! Written by Schumacher.
  • SCP-4517 ("Not Very 𝒩") - That wasn't very 𝒩 of you, dude. Written by MaliceAforethought.
  • SCP-4272 ("The Proper Way to Appreciate Art") - This is running on empty SCP….. REVIEWπŸ‘! Written by CryonicAutumn.
  • SCP-4843 ("Take It With Me When I Go") - Inseperable, even in death. Written by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • SCP-4413 ("The End of Something Really Excellent") - 1ND33D. Written by NatVoltaic.
  • SCP-4759 ("The Challenger of Donut Taxes") - The battle for the ultimate breakfast pastry. Written by Weryllium.

Tales

  • Much Wisdom Is Much Grief - Florence Elsinger gets a history lesson on occult warfare. Part 3 of 9. Written by GreenWolf.
  • Joey Fucknuts Steals The Declaration of Independence - "Nicholas Cage transformed into his true form: the lost Challenger space shuttle." Written by not_a_seagull.
  • πŸ“ˆTuae - "You never believed in the gods. But then, they never did anything to earn it." Written by OriCat.
  • πŸ“ˆStupid Cupid: Stop Picking on Me - ""YOU'RE MY OTP! WHEN ARE YOU GONNA KISS? I JUST WANNA WATCH!"" Written by pieiswrong.
  • CASE HATE RED - "On the morning of the day that ΰ°΅ arrives, while he is brushing his teeth, a tiny black slug falls out of the corner of his eye into the hotel sink." Written by qntm.
  • In Shadow - "WE WILL WATCH THE RECKLESS ABANDON OF THEIR CAGED HORRORS TEAR THEIR WAY OUT. WE WILL SEE THE LAKE SET AFLAME." Written by LurkD.
  • When Situations Degenerate - "They had removed his eyes and tongue first. Then his heart and lungs, his liver and his kidneys, his testicles and his brain." Written by ch00bakka.
  • Come Together. Right Now. Over me. - "Dr. Bright let the rope disappear and grabbed one of the spines along 682's back to steady himself." Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • Oh-Fucking-Seventy-Six - "What, Abel? The guy from the Bible? The one who gets fuckin' murdered?" Written by The Great Hippo.
  • Thunder's Fist, Solomon's Hand - Florence Elsinger punches Nazis. Part 4 of 9. Written by GreenWolf.

GoI Formats

  • πŸ“ˆBook of Isaac son of Zadok - [Horizon] "And will be in the end of days, and my anger will fill at the Mekhanites, the Nalkites, the Men of the Shade, the Men of Oblivion, and the rest, and they will fall to war." Written by Yaitz331.
  • πŸ“ˆDeer And The Overseers - [Deer College] "I scoured every possible resource here and found literally nothing. Not even a single passing mention of the Foundation in any of our three papers." Written by stormbreath.

Other

Week of April 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-4127 ("Heads or Tails") - What's the most you've ever lost on a coin flip? Written by The Great Hippo
  • SCP-4519 ("Carl Sagan, Godhead") - Billions and billions of godheads… Written by NatVoltaic and Lt Flops
  • SCP-4252 ("The King of Baked Beans") - I;m Thinking About Thos Beans… Written by Henzoid.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4137 ("Infinite Icosahedron") - Written by cometaurora.
  • SCP-4294 ("In the Cold Shadow of her Ovary Tower") - Baba Yaga has a hard time embracing the new. Written by Gabriel Jade.
  • SCP-4155 ("Soft Serve Kittens") - Written by Schumacher.
  • SCP-4522 ("The Mystical Village of the Jade Peach") - Talking monkeys, delicious peaches, and war crimes. Written by Woedenaz and Uncle Nicolini
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4435 ("Sins of the Father") - Written by MacWarren.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4805 ("Utilitarian") - It goes around and around and around and around… Written by ManyMeats.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4589 ("Unitea") - Why is kombucha so frickin weird? Written by Weryllium.
  • SCP-4615 ("Supper Memories '06") - DINNER IS SERVED! Written by PeppersGhost and AthosNetwork

Tales

  • πŸ“ˆGet Out Of Her Way - "What on earth is a 'Futanari Titwhore Fiasco'?" Written by ch00bakka.
  • πŸ“ˆAnahata or The Crying Boy - "I told him I was expecting raised spirits. He told me to wait." Written by Kakroom.
  • Project Hellhound - "The human body is sixty percent water. Maybe it just wasn't interested in soggy meat." Written by The Great Hippo.
  • πŸ“ˆDvojka - "She said nothing, and he finished with his mug, making special effort to shine out the "#1 DAD" scrawled on the side, before filling it and another, generic vessel with coffee and his usual ungodly amount of sugar." Written by Kakroom.
  • πŸ“ˆIndividual Efficacy - Florence Elsinger gets a pep talk, practices some magic, and makes crab cakes. Part 5 of 9. Written by GreenWolf.
  • Dogs of War - "My name is Don. I need clothes, and somewhere to piss. Then food" Written by The Great Hippo.
  • πŸ“ˆHeed the Hand That Feeds - "Weren't tests supposed to be challenging?" Written by Pedantique.
  • πŸ“ˆFinding A Scalpel - Florence Elsinger learns about chess, gets a tattoo, and accidentally causes a nuclear incident. Part 6 of 9. Written by GreenWolf.
  • A Thousand Times Before His Death - "He stood up, sighed, and looked into the sun. It was time to dance again." Written by Tufto.
  • πŸ“ˆIcky & Ichabod - "It’s a nice headstone. I’m sure she would have liked it." Written by DrChandra.

GOI Formats

Hubs

Other

Week of April 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-4091 ("A Boy's Dog") - A short and quiet piece. Written by UncannyClown276.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4958 ("You Are Loved") - Don't you forget it. Written by N_Aepic_Fael.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4927 ("Have a Nice Flight") - What if I wanted to have a bad one? Written by morhadow.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4185 ("The Long Mile") - Is always the last one. Written by Popsioak.
  • SCP-4286 ("No Bones About It") - "Tooth fairy but instead it takes all of your bones" Written by Deadly Bread.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4387 ("DonΒ΄t lose your head, comerade") - Da, friend. Keep head on shoulders. Written by Idrimi.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4375 ("Two Forgetful Men") - what? Written by kamelen800.
  • SCP-4390 ("A Bad Maze") - PIZZA PARTY Written by djkaktus.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4986 ("From a Friend") - With concern. Written by JustJake.
  • πŸ“ˆSCP-4302 ("Prior Predator") - This parking lot is fucked. Written by LordStonefish.

Tales

GoI Format

  • πŸ“ˆAmbrose SanFran - [Ambrose] "All I ordered was the mozz stick and I wound up taking it home with me. I am still eating it to this day but I ran out of sauce…" Written by ManyMeats.

Hubs

Other


Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists who consistently released new work throughout the month and whose art output is worth following. Click on the thumbnails to see full size images. Click on the artists' names to see their profile pages where you will find follow/subscribe/watch options.


Tanija

Dr. WindeTanija-1.jpgSCP-077-DETanija-2.jpgSCP-3199Tanija-3.jpg


Randomravenart

SCP-939Randomravenart-1.jpgMr. FeatherRandomravenart-2.jpgDr. WondertainmentRandomravenart-3.jpg


SteamPaul

SCP-049SteamPaul-1.jpgSCP-610SteamPaul-2.jpgSCP-009SteamPaul-3.jpg


MireGari

SCP-1230MireGari-1.jpgSCP-001 CODE NAME: Dr. ClefMireGari-2.jpgSCP-590MireGari-3.jpg


SunnyClockwork

SCP-3930SunnyClockwork-1.jpgSCP-4782SunnyClockwork-2.jpgMekhane & Bumaro & Yaldabaoth & Ion BunsSunnyClockwork-3.jpg


WhaleMan295

PixelartWhaleMan295-1.jpg


Penthovels

SCP-2547Penthovels-1.jpgObject ClassesPenthovels-2.jpgSCP-1471Penthovels-3.jpg


sinsekai

SCP-224sinsekai-1.jpgSCP-559sinsekai-2.jpgSCP-723sinsekai-3.jpg


nikkoleon

SCP-529 & SCP-066nikkoleon-1.jpgSCP-073 & SCP-076nikkoleon-2.jpgDr. Bright & Dr. Clefnikkoleon-3.jpg


Miumeat

SCP-CN-830Miumeat-1.jpgSCP-CN-803 & SCP-CN-1830Miumeat-2.jpgSCP-1559Miumeat-3.jpg


Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License