Welcome to this installment of site news, where we have an 8-step program to doing things on time! Follow these steps in order to get stuff done in a timely manner:
- Start your assignment weeks in advance.
- Work diligently on it with a regular schedule.
- Fall behind for whatever reasons and don't work on it timely.
- Get overwhelmed by the amount of new material you have to keep up with.
- Struggle to come up with entertaining stuff.
- Struggle to find some neat fandom stuff you haven't already come across.
- Oh whoops, it's June 18th! Finish that shit all up.
- Vow to do better for next month, starting work on that straightaway.
…okay, maybe this isn't the best plan to follow.
This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!
- The featured articles for this month are SCP-2127 ("Hinterkai-fun!") by fastandbulbous and Footsteps by Anborough. One's about a murder mystery placed on a grave for passerby to solve, and the other is about a son lashing out to his dad for following in his path. Check them out!
- The featured articles from last month were SCP-2985 ("Anart, Author of the Scream") by TyGently and Exploration Log 2474.1 by minmin. One's about an artist's quest, and the other an AI with a sudden and major revelation. Check them out if you missed them!
Rest of the News
- Decibelle (that me) has been back from break for a short while now, so that's cool! Been working on this since I came back, but still haven't gotten it up until now. I'm a professional.
- Sadly, both djkaktus and Crayne have stepped down from staff within the past couple months. Godspeed, you two, but please stick around the site. We need those seductive, dulcet DJ tones and duck huntings around these parts.
- However, since this is posted way later than it should be, one round of promotions have finished! Please welcome A Random Day, ChrisAKAPiefish, dankaar, EldritchCyanide, Jacob Conwell, MrWrong, Randomini, and WrongJohnSilver to Operational Staff! In addition, please welcome ProcyonLotor to the position of Moderator!
Missing out on articles? Enjoy a recap on the articles from the past month. Be sure to leave a rose for every fallen shark. I hope you enjoy!
Week of May 1st
Not a busy week, but we do have a few tales you might be interested in! Even a hub of a certain cool group.
- None! : O
- Endless Hunt Part Six: True Places Never Are - The continuation of the series Of An Endless Hunt, Amy, her anomalous voice companion, and the Queen get shoved headfirst into a storm as the story continues to build. Written by rumetzen.
- Victims (Comfort Breaks) - We continue to see how Harold Maine gets to be more and more of a piece of shit. We get to see the aftermath of some nasty stuff from the people who have been hurt this time around. Written by Wils.
- Typo Positive - Unfortunate disasters keep affecting this unfortunate woman, but even as she tries to get compensation for the latest disaster, misfortune continues to follow. Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
- Anderson Robotics Hub - After years in the making, this GoI finally makes it onto the list and an informative hub detailing the nitty-gritty of who they are and how they work is here. If you're looking for a low-key but interesting robotics group in your Foundation, give it a go. Compiled by Jacob Conwell.
Week of May 8th
Spider mommies are best mommies. They got eight legs and will fuck you right up if you try and mess with their babies.
- SCP-2538 ("Where's the van!") - An unmarked van full of weapons and contraband, capable of erasing any and all evidence. It's the perfect vehicle for the job… until bigger fish arrive. Caught fleeing the scene on CCTV by Dr Carrion.
- SCP-2856 ("Motherhood") - O.M.G. These spiders are soooo gorgeous! I want to have their babies! Hatched by Shaggydredlocks.
- SCP-2214 ("Economy of Scale") - The butterfly effect is a real bitch. For Konstantin Baranov, there's nothing worse than knocking over your favorite mug and causing a great depression in Uzbekistan. Written by Gaffney.
- SCP-2247 (""What did I go through to seek a new employer?"") - The Serpent's Hand has employed many weapons against the Foundation. Now they've discovered a new, effective one: the truth. Originally written by TimmyTim, rewritten by MrWrong.
- SCP-2591 ("Il duca avrà la vendetta") - Art mirrors life, and life mirrors art. The Red Canary continues to live, unsure of how life will treat it once more. Written by daveyoufool.
- SCP-2249 ("The Failed Dreamland") - To make the children smile again, he built a wonderland out of a lonely place. But behind the surface lurk the holes. Written by Flappybobb.
- SCP-2481 ("Kill the Suns") - Millennia ago, the king of the Xia dared to do the impossible, and mounted swords against the heavens, so as to slay the gods. Written by SunnyClockwork.
- Convergence (Another Good Dream, Another Strange Dream, Where There's A Will...) - Lilibeth Orion spends her time in SCP-2508, getting used to her surroundings. Very quickly, however, she finds out there's more to the place than she initially ever expected. Written by Eekium.
- Decompression - Riven Mercer and Mark Kiryu head to the beach to take a load off their mind and spend some nice, quality time together. Written by Zyn.
- Dr. Solo's Personnel File - Dr Solo's author page! What an average guy. He's okay at his job, I guess. Still, does that deserve any high-ranking positions? Maybe? Eh.
Week of May 15th
- SCP-2489 ("A Political Machine") - Napoleon Bonaparte Broward's tenure as Governor may be over, but he still has a campaign promise to deliver on before he's ready to call it quits. Written by Roget.
- SPC-169-J ("The Big One") - FOUNDATION! THIS FIST IS THE FIST THAT WILL PUNCH THE SHARKS! DON'T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. BELIEVE IN HIM! BELIEVE IN THE daveyoufool WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!
- SCP-2953 ("Polymorphism-Inducing Rocks") - Newly retrieved artifacts and documents show just how far the Imperial Japanese Army was willing to go on the eve of war to ensure the victory and eternal triumph of the Yamato people. Summoned by MrWrong.
- I Have a Patron - Leonardo da Vinci — yes, that Leonardo da Vinci — gets an invitation from a patron. Little did he realize the full extent of what his patron possessed and what that entailed for him. Written by LadyKatie.
- The Analog Kid - What's the difference between a hivemind and two-way telepathy? Is there a difference? The answer may lie inside an abandoned machine shop in Three Portlands. Written by GreenWolf.
- Putting a Ghost in the Machine - In the first new Unfounded canon tale, Vincent Anderson ties up some loose ends and makes sure to keep some eyes in a certain unassuming group. Written by ColCairn.
- Skeeve Online - SCP-2662 gets to play a new online game and meets what he assumes to be a new friend. At least, that's how it'd go if he were any other eldritch abomination but SCP-2662. Written by WrongJohnSilver.
- Dragon's Fall - Daedalus and The Old Master search for home in a land full of fantasy. Written by OZ Ouroboros.
Week of May 22nd
A whole selection of rose in-stock for you today.
- SCP-2403 ("The Air Stair") - Looking for a convenient way to go skydiving, quick and easy? Luckily for you, the Air Stair has you all covered. Written by LurkD.
- SCP-1785 ("A Rose By Any Other Name") - Lily is content just to live her life in peace as a rose. Helena is just harmless, Foundation. Written by cornhime.
- SCP-2186 ("Chameleonscaper") - Boring camouflage involves blending yourself in with the environment. How neat would it be though to make everything blend in with you? Written by mister-smalls.
- SCP-2335 ("The Filmmaker") - Take a trip down the collective memory lane. Within these tapes lie the whole of humanity. Written by Dracola.
- SCP-2309 ("Iron Wall of Dhul-Qarnayn") - Cyrus the Great had the right idea: We're going to build a wall, and make the Sarkics pay for it! Written by Univine.
- SCP-2748 ("Driving Roadkill from Xiangxi") - Where we're going, we don't need wheels! Mainly because our car tires turned into paws. Written by MrWrong.
- SCP-2663 ("Dionysus") - The God of Wine ended up being a colony of yeast. Huh. Thank you for your service, tiny God yeast. Written by Dr Solo.
- 1 - Only one person is left in the universe, as it reflected back on everything that made the universe this way. Written by Jack Ike.
- A Lesson in Power - The Masquerade has fallen, and Kowalski is in deep shit for her Foundation activities. At least she's able to put faith in what the Foundation once kept locked up. Written by renacer.
- Ye Olde Foundation - Some Foundations use science to contain the things that go bump in the night. They use magic. Either way, the goal is the same: Secure, Contain, Protect. Written by djkaktus.
- Colors, Part II - Your colors are perfect and beautiful. You complete our colors. Keep coming back to us. Written by Cyantreuse.
- The Broken God Of Ayrshire - Chapter 1 - Dip your toes into the Cthulhu mythos as our protagonist heads into Massachusetts and gets in over his head with a mystery that might be too much. Written by Smapti.
Week of May 29th
Greenwich is a lovely place to hold an anart event at this time of year, don'tcha think?
- SCP-2304 ("Automatron") - Inside the depths of this building, hallways loop and stairways turn. Further still lies its son. Written by Moenennbys.
- SCP-2389 ("Midas Magpie") - It's a well-known fact that magpies love shinies, and this kind is no different! Lured with a handful of birdseed and gold dust by Dr Shaw.
- Iterations - Masahiro Goto recounts the Hell he went through repeating the same event of his life… for years on end. Written by ObserverSeptember.
- The Word and The Cool Kids - An artist struggles to adapt to life as a fugitive in a house under siege by mysterious forces. Written by TyGently.
What's been going on in the community aside from our site? Well…
- Couldn't find anything for May, my bad. Feel free to send me anything from May if you happen to know of anything, or even for June for next month's edition. Hell, I accept submissions every month : )
First off, the Japanese Branch is holding an art contest with lots of amazing fucking art that you should be checking out and drooling over. To use this section to show off the art from there would be a disservice to other artists, so I'll only link you all a couple… for this month:
- This work by user munlmu does not match any existing user name shows off some of the coolest personifications of SCPs that I've ever seen. Specifically, the 001 proposals. And the personality they're given through the personifications is really goddamn neat!
- Meanwhile, you get this touching drawing of SCP-8900-EX by user ikuragunkan. The contrast of colors and styles really drives home the story in such a simple manner that it's obvious what's going on, without lessening its impact.
- Okay, so this one is from June, but sue me! This is close enough to May that I figured I'd cheat and include this. Skincube makes some really impressive arts of various SCPs, and this photoset of 073, 847, 200, and 203 is super sure to impress.
- That reimagining of Cain in The Reassembled One was pretty rad, wasn't it? Hopefully you'll also enjoy this lowkey art of that GOI Format by Kantatibana.
- A log of a whole bunch of stuff, including fan-favorites 073 and 076, courtesy of user 鐮鼬. It's nice to take a break from all the murder and angst to just chill and be brothers.
- To round out this month's fanart section, we'll stop by ValeoCrow's DeviantArt to look at a really great image of Jackie, or 1903. Is it possible for something bloody like this to be somber at the same time? Perhaps. Jackie doesn't have the best life, after all. I think this captures it pretty damn well.
Thanks for tuning in again, folks! Hey, listen, before you go; if you write an article and it sticks, please send me a blurb for your article. I may or may not use it (if I can think of something more attention-getting though I'll try to stick with one you give me) but I really would just like them in order to make the process easier for making these. In addition, this is a community thing, and I want authors to give their blurbs to sell these articles much easier. It reduces the workload I and the people helping me have to do.
Furthermore, if you guys would like to see an art contest on the site, let me know! It's something that seems like the community would benefit from, though the more people who would be willing to enter, the better. Thank you all for continuing to be an excellent community <3