Welcome to this installment of site news, where you discover a cave and enter it, on the search for unknown treasures. All you need is one last haul of treasure to secure your family another night in the cold, upcoming winter, no matter how dangerous the search for it may be.
This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!
- The featured articles for this month are SCP-2814 ("Heretic of the Torch") by Anborough and Wanderer Symbols by toadking07. One's about a mask that gives its wielder the power of a false god, and the other is about secret symbols used by the Wanderer's Library. Check them out!
- The featured articles from last month were SCP-2127 ("Hinterkai-fun!") by fastandbulbous and Footsteps by Anborough. One's about a murder mystery placed on a grave for passerby to solve, and the other is about a son lashing out to his dad for following in his path. Check them out!
- June 1st was International Children's Day! Children are the driving force for our future, and their creativity and worth should be celebrated. PeppersGhost gave us an answer; have them come up with horrifying abominations. Squeedle Deedle Dee!
- June 19th was Father's Day! A time to celebrate with your father, or if you don't have one/estranged from one, anyone who's a suitable fatherly figure to you. (I hear Wal-Mart sells dads now for free over the holidays.) dierubikdie came up with a solution; the Paternal Rubik's Cube, a dad who trapped himself inside a Rubik's Cube to be closer to his puzzle-loving son. Oof.
- June 30th was Meteor Watch Day! A great occasion to sit outside and watch the stars, hoping to spot a passing meteor burn in the atmosphere. But if you spot a particularly nasty one, one that looks adorned with a sense of elegance, well, you're screwed. But you can also thank A Fancy Dinosaur for ordering it courtesy of TwistedGears.
Rest of the News
- In the time since the last post and now, Mistbourne has stepped up from Junior Staff to Operational. Give him a warm welcome :)
Missing out on articles? Enjoy a recap on the articles from the past month. Be sure to leave a rose for every fallen shark. I hope you enjoy!
Week of June 1st
Let's play a song for you.
- SCP-2258 ("Stradivarian Instrument Cases") - Will craftsmanship - nay, artistry - be able to mend the rift between father and son? Played by OmniSomniac.
- SCP-2405 ("2017_acf_nats_fianls.mp4") - Because quizbowl just isn't hard enough when the questions are only coming from our timeline. Written by Univine.
- SCP-2787 ("A Bridge in ████████") - CAD software tools are great, but designs are useless if they can't be implemented in the real world. Designed by Helsen Smith.
- SCP-2711 ("定海神针 如意金箍棒") - Hundreds of years ago, the king of the Xia prevented a great flood. Many years later, the Monkey King would return to finish the job. Written by SunnyClockwork.
- On Mount Golgotha - Hub - SCP-012 holds many mysteries. And its power is creeping into the modern day, with the blood spilled lying on the Foundation to untangle. Arranged by WrongJohnSilver.
- Legerdemain - ♪On a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man♪ / ♪With a dusty black coat with a Red Right Hand♪. Written by D-Mos.
- Our Mutual Guide - Power. SCP-012 has it. Power drawn from countless victims, from an ocean of blood. There are those who want to unleash that power. Who want to bring history to a shattering crescendo, and stop time itself. They must travel a dangerous path, from Golgotha to Alagadda. But now they have a guide. Written by psul.
- Snail Tale - Is there anything on this Earth greater than the love of a father for his children? Written by Pig_catapult.
Week of June 8th
You shake my reality and you rattle my brain…
- SCP-2749 ("It's Just Business") - Mr. Business tells us that business is the path to enlightenment and it should be spread throughout these pagan lands. Business-wise, this all seems like appropriate business. Written by Fingo7.
- SCP-392 ("A Plant Now Found in Site-103, and Formerly Found in the Households of Nobility") - This rare fruit was created by Daevite thaumaturgy, and passed down through the imperial dynasties of Asia. Supposedly, it possesses magical abilities, created when its owner's head was turned into the original tree. Cultivated by MrWrong.
- SCP-2971 ("Whole Lotta (Reality) Shakin' Goin' On!") - That was a great show! You remember it, don't you? We both went to it, at the Vic Stanley Country Club. Surely you remember… Think about it… Written by Multiscoop.
- SCP-2950-J ("THE POSTCARD") - WARNING WARNING WARNING. ATTEMPTING TO IMPERSONATE A MEMBER OF THE O5 COUNCIL IS PUNISHABLE BY TERMINATION, SUPER TERMINATION, AND/OR NECROTIZING FUCKTROCUTION. Originally written by ObserverSeptember, rewritten by daveyoufool.
- SCP-2408 ("Orok's Fall") - Deep beneath the catacombs of Moscow, Klavigar Orok patiently awaits his rebirth. The Russian Mafia has other plans. Written by Metaphysician.
- New Job - Be careful with that little cutey-wutey!! The fate of all mankind may depend on it. Written by DrChandra.
- Old Kansas Sector ~ 11: Intermission - Presidential Debate. Four Years under Ronald Reagan, or Scarlet King? Channel flipping by Faminepulse.
- Pain - An eldritch terror reminisces about a war more terrible than even it. Written by ObserverSeptember.
- Prelude: Primae Formae - Rome burns as an unholy power commands its puppet to perform for all unwilling. Written by Decibelles.
- Uncle Jeff - Sometimes, unknowable cosmic abominations just want to enjoy their retirement. Written by daveyoufool.
- MEMORANDUM 009 REGARDING PROJECT 736 - The only thing standing between ISIS and the complete genocide of the Yazidis is the unlikely combination of a Kurdish lesbian and the ORIA. Written by Univine.
Week of June 15th
What's a show you like? Mine is Flight of the Bumblebees! Wait, that's Conchords. Shit.
- SCP-2339 ("Bumblebee Philharmonic Orchestra") - Music hath charms to soothe the savage bees. Performed by LilyFlower.
- SCP-2370 ("Undo It, Retry It") - If you fail, obtain the power of time travel in a convenient accident and try, try again. Written by Aiden Eldritch.
- SCP-2437 ("The Man in the Box") - I wield the power of God Almighty. The power to make the universe bend to my will. If only I could remember the atrocities I committed with it. Written by HammerH.
- SCP-2903 ("Garden of the Manichees") - The Elements of Light fight for mankind's salvation. The Foundation fights back. Written by Univine.
- SCP-2887 ("London Terminus") - In the London Underground, the Foundation and the 1st Anomalous Defense Corps are mere observers. Written by Helsen Smith.
- CODE NAME: ████ ███ - The Truth - Is this all that there is out here? Just endless copies of home, each more messed up than the previous? Written by Jack Ike.
- T Minus - Witness the PL-76 Shiva: the power of a god, bent to the will of an artificial mind that questions the meaning of its own existence. The Foundation is going to steal it. Heisted by A Random Day.
- Not To Disappear - 1 - When an enigmatic sculptor goes missing overnight, her loved ones are left to pick up the pieces and come to terms with her past.. Written by minmin.
- Skeeve Online - SCP-2662 gets to play a new online game and meets what he assumes to be a new friend. At least, that's how it'd go if he were any other eldritch abomination but SCP-2662. Written by WrongJohnSilver.
- Pattern Breaker - SCP-012 has been stolen. Emma Stark has been reassigned. Mike Carter has been ditched by his MTF. What do you do when everything seems hopeless? Go talk to a Keter-class anomaly, of course. What could possibly go wrong? Written by psul.
- Perfect Mind - Around me, as far as the eye can see, is only emptiness. I’ve unveiled every thing, every tiny particle of the outside world, even the air itself. I cast all their shrouds away and reveal there's nothing underneath.. Written by Blackbird5154, translated by Val Riddle and Gene R.
Week of June 22nd - 30th
I'd give my left kidney to see these on time, haha, am I right? Am I right?
- SCP-2366 ("Ils coopéraient ensemble") - There is a school of thought that the world would be a much better place if everyone would just co-operate a little more effectively. That's great, until you think about which people might be trying to co-operate, and what they might think a "better" world would look like. Organized by psul.
- SCP-2380 ("The Left Kidney of Junior Researcher Østergaard") - Junior Researcher Østergaard already has both of his kidneys. So where did this third one come from, and what will it do if it gets into him? Written by BIDZ180.
- SCP-2449 ("Unexpected Confinement") - I hope you aren't claustrophobic; you're going to be stuck here for a while. Written by Vetaro.
- SCP-2253 ("The Alcohol Republic") - Stephen Crane's hatred for the British extends into undeath, and into some really excellent craft beer. Written by Roget.
- None? None!
What's been going on in the community aside from our site? Well…
- Couldn't find anything for June, my bad. Feel free to send me anything from June if you happen to know of anything, or even for July for next month's edition. Hell, I accept submissions every month : )
First off, again, I must bring up that the Japanese Branch held an art contest with lots of awesome art in all styles and genres that you should be look at. Check it out here. To use this section to show off the art from there would be a disservice to other artists, so I'll link a few more:
- These logos by user Nanimono Demonai are incredibly professional-looking and Hell, if I write something for the GOC, I'd even think of using that logo! And in the joke category, these signs (also by Nanimono Demonai) are both incredibly funny and also very useful to understand, even if you don't know any Japanese.
- munlmu does not match any existing user name is a mainstay in this section, but can you blame me with the continious amount of fantastic art that they do? For example, this adorably cute comic about SCP-239 which won its category in the comic section, and you can see why. The cute……
- And finally, my last pick from that art contest… SCP-2317 is a scary article, isn't it? What's the only way to make it scarier? Maybe by seeing what The Devourer looks like. Thank you kotarou611 for the awesome picture! And the nightmares.
- Personifications are always fun, and I love seeing how people interpret non-humanoid anomalies as, well, humanoid. For this month, have SCP-2237 by suzumeoisii!
- Oh right, we were looking at nice, cute stuff. Hey, do you remember how scary SCP-610 is? jasavel has you covered with an infected person. Yikes!
- No, too much? Well, this log of SCP critters (with 2521 being the leader of the pack here) courtesy of 真ん中ＣＵＢＥ. That oughta help.
- Because everything on the internet has to interact with Touhou at some point, we eventually end up with an adorable crossover of Koishi Komeiji and SCP-131 by artist katabee.
- You don't need to understand Japanese to get this comic by artist 飛鳥 about SCP-531, an oldie but a goodie. Just imagining being in that position… brrr.
- And to round out the metric fuckton of art I bestow upon you all this week, have another giant log of art by 眞田居間. If I could, I'd feature them every month. From various 001 proposals to SCP-2454, so many cool personifications and interpretations.
Thanks for tuning in again, folks! Hey, listen, before you go; if you write an article and it sticks, please send me a blurb for your article. I may or may not use it (if I can think of something more attention-getting, though I'll try to stick with one you give me) but I really would just like them in order to make the process easier for making these. In addition, this is a community thing, and I want authors to give their blurbs to sell these articles much easier. It reduces the workload I and the people helping me have to do, and helps the news come out that much earlier!
Thank you ARD and rumetzen for helping me out! Fuck, seriously, thank you. I, Decibelle, as always, did the intro and outro bits myself (AKA the stuff you don't read these for).
Furthermore, if you guys would like to see an art contest on the site, let me know! It's something that seems like the community would benefit from, though the more people who would be willing to enter, the better. Thank you all for continuing to be an excellent community <3