News for August 2019

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • Check the Seminars and Workshops Hub for schedule of upcoming events and to see notes from past events. August featured a seminar by A Random Day titled "Writing Flash-Fiction SCP Articles".
  • The Wanderer's Library's new Sci-fi Contest has blasted off, with fabulous prizes for the daring winners.

Featured Articles

The following articles were selected for showcase by the Collab-Con Winners!

First Place Featured Articles
Chosen by Lt Flops and KindlyTurtleClem

  • SCP-4175 ("Friends Made, and the Void") - SCP-4175 is a Level-I Humanoid Apparition which can be viewed in the reflection of a bathroom vanity mirror. Written by Nagiros
  • SCP-4497 ("Whose Cuisine Reigns Supreme?!") - SCP-4497 is a metaphysical mantle which imparts supernatural knowledge and skill within the domain of culinary arts. Written by ManyMeats

Second Place Featured Articles
Chosen by not_a_seagull and Mew-ltiverse

  • SCP-4846 ("Friendly Fossils") - SCP-4846 refers to a collection of anomalous fossils, with each instance possessing unique autonomous movement and interactive capabilities. Written by Mew-ltiverse and Zyn
  • SCP-3733 ("Everybody Else") - The infection caused by SCP-3733 activates several typically inactive areas of the brain, resulting in the ability to act and reason outside of one's experiences and personality. Written by not_a_seagull

Third Place Featured Articles
Chosen by Uncle Nicolini and ihp

  • Uncle Nicolini's Proposal... Maybe. - Summer-Man: Just focus on punching the shark. Written by Uncle Nicolini
  • SCP-4918 ("Bergentruckung") - SCP-4918 refers to several humanoid individuals possessing anomalous properties which first became active during the First World War. Written by ihp

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

  • SCP-4597 ("Thick-Skinned Man") - SCP-4597's skin possesses accelerated, if flawed, regenerative properties. Written by Weryllium, selected by AKFrost
  • SCP-4853 ("&SCP-4853") - Other references to SCP-4853 may exist only in this document, and may not exceed ten instances. Written by aismallard, selected by tupacofficial
  • SCP-4954 ("Long Live the Tinsmith!") - When worn by a human being, SCP-3881 will immediately transport the wearer to an unknown location. Written by Nameless Mediocre, selected by Gee0765
  • SCP-4279 ("A Toast to my Finished Thesis") - SCP-4279 uses electrical power to generate and assemble matter into theoretically any molecular or atomic formโ€ฆ Written by Nameless Mediocre, selected by Ayers

You will notice little '๐Ÿ“ˆ' emojis beside some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of August 1st:

SCPs

  • SCP-4938 ("Sweat of the Sun") - You probably believe it was lava, right ? Harvested (with some burns) by T Rutherford.
  • SCP-4468 ("Take-a-Wish") - Best hug ever. Written by DarkStuff.
  • SCP-4452 ("Submitted to the Ethics Committee for review") - Final request pending. Yep, still. It must have been, what, two years ? Waited by LiterallyMechanical.
  • SCP-4790 ("Do not go gentle into that good night.") - The stars are out, tonight. Written by Lt Flops.
  • SCP-4831 ("There Are Innocent People on Death Row") - Good day to die. Even if it's in the bathroom. Or in the toilet, like Elvis. Written by Westrin.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4939 ("The Man on the Moon") - Oh, no, nevermind, they're still shining. Written by Mew-ltiverse.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4351 ("Home") - "Totally not a documentary by Yann-Arthus Bertrand." Purchased by TheSomnambulist.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4462 ("Fan Death") - Causing death is the most sincere form of flattery. Written by GerrymanderBassist.
  • SCP-4215 ("The Inkredible 51st Squiddy Squaddy") - "Your most favorite defence squids !" Written by Popsioak.
  • SCP-4156 ("Last Bastion") - Exactly as stated. Defended by Tanhony.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-055-J ("Who Knows?") - It seems that beyond Josh Homme, no one knows. Written by Penton.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4189 ("Vengeful Assimilation Coral") - Yep, they're definitely not happy with the actual condition of the Great Barrier. Written by Weryllium.
  • SCP-4971 ("Rituals") - Rituals, surprisingly, didn't became a has-been thing. Written by djkaktus.
  • SCP-4162 ("An Egg That Kills You For No Reason") - I told you that they were bandits, but no one listened. Broked by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4419 ("The Butcher's Chariot") - "If you see any person who need body modifications, call 911." Written by Tanhony.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4847 ("Akanastra") - [INSERT JOKE ABOUT OLD MESOPOTAMIAN CITIES OR SAMSARA HERE] Written by Dr Bjonk.
  • SCP-4698 ("Heir To Cernunnos") - "Today was shot to shit, to be frank." Written by AbsentmindedNihilist.
  • SCP-4183 ("Automatic Containement Procedures") - Now, all is automatic ! Except writing all the blurbs for the Site News and I don't know why, damnit. Programmed by Tanhony.

Tales

  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Sweet Cream Pancakes - "Sweet Cream Pancakes, meanwhile, only had one-star reviews online because reviewers couldnโ€™t give it anything lower." Written by wmaitla.
  • Vivid Visions - "Sorry for bothering you, but lately I've started to experience some problems with my mental health." Written by AlanDaris.
  • How Is Your Name? - "Before we start, I need you to answer a very important question; am I a cartoon ?" Part of the All That Glisters series. Written by DrChandra.
  • Shiny Gold Foil - "She was unshakable. Unflappable. No impossible case could stump her." Written by Raddagher.
  • Mister Nobody - "Greetings, Arthur Barnes. You will be meeting with me soon. Nobody." Written by gee0765.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ The Chronicles of a Johnathan Sole Perem Chapter I: Enter The Spoiled Tick - "I would like to let you know, for the past month, someone has been summoning and sending brainless mongrels here non stop !" Written by RadioactiveRADS.
  • Abwesenheit - "Hellmuth's work is characterized by sparse structure, emotional isolation, fascination with negative space, no dialogue, and single extraordinarily long takes." Written by The Great Hippo.
  • Tower-B - "Deep-sea sat-divers are kind of like celebrities. There aren't a lot of them โ€” just a couple hundred in the whole wide world." Written by The Great Hippo.
  • A Hero I Would Be! - "Wait, it feels like I'veโ€ฆ Oh ! You're one of those plastics people, right ? What, did Mr. Albany's lycanthropy act up again ?" Part of S&C Plastiques canon. Written by Ellie3.
  • Skunk Ape - "Life is different when you've been widowed." Written by Roget.
  • Straight to VHS: Sunday Dinner - "We soothe our conscience by telling ourselves it's just a movie โ€” all while a tiny voice teases and thrills us with just a whisper : but what if it's not ?" Written by The Great Hippo.
  • Scared Stiff - "If you were like me as a kid, you probably weren't interested in reading anything. Except, of course, the "Scared Stiff" series." Written by Oboebandgeek99.
  • Gluttony Is Impossible - "Last year, Thailand was affected by the most devastating earthquake in the area of the last hundred years. Despite the United Nation's best efforts to feed the victims of this catastrophe, they only have so many resources." Part of the End of Death canon. Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • Masquerade's End - "i dont know whats scarier, whats happening or the fact that the scp foundation thinks a lab in a lab coat is gonna make us feel better" Part of the Broken Masquerade canon. Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ The Carcosa Veldt Congregation - "There is a humanoid resembling an anthropomorphic coyote within the cordon around Carcosa and it distracted me," I announced, "It is wearing a leather jacket and a crucifix and has demonstrated limited ontokinetic abilities."" Written by Cregan Stark.

GoI Formats

  • Danger: Incinideer! - [Wilson's Wildlife Solutions] "Our family expands into Latin America!" Written by INT_Translator.
  • The Hanged King's Tragedy - [The Black Queen] "โ‚ Erasmus was banished" Written by Oboebandgeek99.
  • Adoption Poster: Darius! - [Wilson's Wildlife Solutions] "Hey, Esther. It's been a while. How is Darius?" Written by Uncle Nicolini.

Week of August 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-577 ("All Alone In The Moonlight") - Hey, was this really MY cat ? Originally written by Dr Kondraki, rewritten by MayD.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-ES-105 ("Stargazing the Other Stars") - I think that this month, there's some bad blood between us and the stars. Or a sort of obsession. I don't know. Written by INT_Translator.
  • SCP-4495 ("A God for Pigs") - "All the Skippers are all lined up. I give you all that you want. Take my description and peel it back. Now, doesn't it make you feel better ?" Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • SCP-4254 ("Elvis ?") - That's with this type of rumors that you can easily say "Rock isn't dead". Composed and performed by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4484 ("StreamSavers") - "Why this site is only focused on dogs ? We all know that cats are much better." Adopted by Roget.
  • SCP-4972 ("Something is Wrong") - As usual. Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4506 ("Eternal Child Star") - Is that a "Captain Marvel" reference ? Written by Tanhony.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4809 ("Peeping Doesn't Pay") - Come on, this is ridiculous. I mean… a pic of naked Scarlett Johansson and people clicked on it without a doubt ? Really ? Yes, really. Written by Dr Astari.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4695 ("Synesthesia Inducer") - Colors everywhere. Because black and white became more and more sad after all these years, don't you think ? Written by Lilac Snow.
  • SCP-4386 ("B Gone, B") - I had a pro lem with my key oard so that's why this lur is written like that. Written y CyrusFiredawn.
  • SCP-4609 ("An Object") - This is simple. You had an object, in one side. And in the other side, you had a suicidal researcher. Now, sit down and watch. Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4258 ("Freddy's Diner") - "The inside of the restaurant is that of a stereotypical 50's American diner and is manned by a sole worker, an elderly Caucasian male who identifies as "Freddy", otherwise known as SCP-4258-1." Written by Malvarik1.
  • SCP-4815 ("Busted Oracle") - You're overreacting, he's not so broken. A little bit of Scranton Reality Glue and it will be like new. Written by faminepulse.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4771 ("Kurentovanje") - How do you do ? Written by LifeBot.
  • SCP-4278 ("The Island at the End") - "Everyone I know. Goes in an island. In the end." Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4354 ("From The Ink Under Your Skin To Flesh") - It's not so difficult to wrote with that. Written by Crashington.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4308 ("Heartfelt") - "Yeah, Duke was really talented. The song 'Overshadowed,' that's the one that had all the weird stuff." Written by DianaBerry.

Tales

  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Apologies and Redemption - "I said I'm sorry. On behalf of the Foundation, I want to apologize to you. You're right. We could have done better. We should have done better." Written by DrMorris.
  • The Tombstone of Alto Clef - "The last time Jack saw Alto, it was at his sonโ€™s wedding." Written by Captain Kirby.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Ballad for a Faraway Disaster - "A deep and hollow hopelessness, the feelings start to mount: Exhausted, helpless, frustrated, a thousand miles out." Written by Raddagher.
  • I hope this isn't just a dream. - "In the early '70s, Terence McKenna and his brother set off to the Amazon basin to research hallucinogens." Written by Ellie3.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ And The World Felt Like Nothing, Amen - ""Seven Seals, Seven Rings, Seven Thrones For The Scarlet King," she whispered along in English as she patiently tapped her finger on the laptop." Written by DrChandra.
  • Station 395 - "The man at the counter was wide awake when I came in. He shouted at me, asking for how much gas I wanted as soon as I walked in." Written by stormbreath.
  • Cuteness On Main! - "Megathread for wholesome and the cute paranormal stuffs ! Found something utterly unnatural โ€” yet still adorable ? Post about it here !" Written by Ellie3.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ That Bastard Coyote - "Hello Mr. Charlton, my name is Samantha Martin and I'll be dealing with your day to day needs, here's a stick and a Selectric typewriter. Type up your list and I'll be back in two hours to check it." Part 2 of The Carcosa Veldt Congregation series. Written by Cregan Stark.
  • It Smells Cold - "I hate walk-in freezers." Written by Ihp.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Atonement - "Chalton's awe only increased when he first laid eyes on a page, an eight armed monstrosity clambering across the shelves.". Part 3 of The Carcosa Veldt Congregation series. Written by Cregan Stark.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Blame It On My Youth - "Piss off. What do you know about constitutions? You've slept through every law class you ever took. Plus all the others. Maybe if you'd spent less time dreaming and more time in the Library you'd actually have something to show for it." Written by Roget.

Week of August 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-4263 ("Gemini") - The ethics committee like you've never seen it before. Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4613 ("Edward James Almost") - Almost. Not quite. Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-ES-029 ("Massive Mechanical Obitus") - The CotBG down under! No, not Australia! Chile! Written by INT_Translator.
  • SCP-4553 ("Bob Shepherd, Anthropomorphic Mass of Worms and United States Representative of the 3rd Congressional District of Nebraska") - He has my vote. Written by CadaverCommander.
  • SCP-4240 ("The Roundabout Game") - No, not the song. Written by Tanhony.
  • Meta Ike Proposal - Written by Jack Ike
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4893 ("Agapanthus2") - The language of flowers~! Written by KoikeSanshouemon.
  • SCP-4707 ("R.E.A.D") - 14 amazing things Kyza doesn't want you to know!
  • SCP-3217 ("Mail "H" for "Hero"") - h Written by Ihp.
  • SCP-4357 ("Slimelord") - THE LORD OF SLIME. Written by LiterallyMechanical.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-15000-J - Don't you feel stupid. Written by RadioactiveRADS.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4342 ("Testing Shall Continue") - "THERE WILL BE NO END TO IT. Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4395 ("That Contagious Thing") - Dont you dare look. Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4482 ("Last Call") - Closing time. One last call for Mew-ltiverse.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-1557-J ("The Writer's Block") - DO NOT CONSUME Written by Kyza.
  • SCP-4486 ("March of the Mannequins") - Narrated by Dr Mine.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4674 ("Eternal Beauty") -Beauty to die for. Written by CrystalMonarch.
  • SCP-4137 ("Drugs, Tesseracts and Nintendocore") - up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A. Written by NatVoltaic.
  • SCP-4539 ("The Worst Calculator Ever") - Deci this, Deci that. Written by Mistopheles.

Tales

  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Cornelius the Collector - "Doโ€ฆ do you ever feel like you're not in control of yourself, Brainy?" Written by DarkStuff.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Verdure - "You know that bird that lead you on a wild European Bee-eater chase?" Written by Oboebandgeek99.
  • That One Post You Missed - "The sub doesn't seem to exist, which could be the problem." Written by Brewsterion 1017.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ The Secure Children Procedure - "Damn, I knew my strategy worked a little too well" Written by superorangejuice.
  • Ooo ooo ooo ooo, ooo ooo ooo - "Cowboy Hephaestus and the Fuck Patrol advanced through the desert sands, keeping low to the ground, their muzak pistols clutched tight." Written by Tanhony.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Draoi Rua - "//แšˆแšแš€แšแš…แš€แš‡แš“แš€แšŒแšแš…แš€แšแš”แš…แš‹แš€แšแšŒแš’แš„แš€แšŒแš‘แš€แš†แš’แšƒแšแš„แšแš‰แš†แš€แš”แš…แš€แšแš€แšŒแš‰แš‘แš…แšแš”แš€แšƒแšแš‘แš”แš…แš€แšแš…แš€แš‰แš‚แš‘แš‰แš†แš€แš„แš“แš‘

แš‰แš†แš’แš”แšแš€แš‡แšแšแš‘แš”แš€แšแš’แšแš€แšแš…แš€แš‡แš“แš€แšƒแšแš‘แš”แš…แš€แšแš…แš€แš‰แš‚แš‘แš‰แš†//" Written by Cregan Stark.

Week of August 22nd:

SCPs

  • SCP-4925 ("(1) Missed Call") - You're not answering your mother? Written by Captain Kirby.
  • SCP-4318 ("A HORRIFIC, DEADLY, EVIL Chemical [BEWARE]") - Kinda reminds me of War of the Worlds. Written by Azmoeth Jikandia.
  • SCP-4247 ("Bob") - This is Bob. Written by Tuomey Tombstone.
  • SCP-4531 ("Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.") - Silence may be golden, but it is deadly. Written by YossiLeiner.
  • SCP-4624 ("Mandatory Fun") - FUN WILL BE ENFORCED. Written by Nameless Mediocre.
  • SCP-4317 ("Catscratch") - Not to be confused with the show. Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-ES-100 ("For your safety, use the stairs") - The crown jewel of the Spanish Wiki. Written by INT_Translator.
  • SCP-4661 ("SINCITY") - The House always wins. Written by Rounderhouse.
  • SCP-3902 ("anomaly class bar by dado") - Funny pill man makes bars. Written by Laneous.
  • SCP-4192 ("As Above") - So below. Written by MacWarren.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4952 ("PlayerUnknown's Robert Frost") - what Written by UraniumEmpire.
  • SCP-4289 ("The Bunyip") - Australian legend brought right to you in SCP form! Written by RaalBraun.
  • SCP-4891 ("A Great Pestilence") - Not to be confused with the Doctor's pestilence. Written by Penton.
  • SCP-4485 ("Such Black Light") - Dada is nothing. Written by Woedenaz and djkaktus.
  • SCP-4445-EX ("Jurassic Symbiotic Quadruped") - DINO MADNESS! Written by Weryllium.
  • SCP-4436 ("Jesus Saves") - Blessed be he. Written by spikebrennan.
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ SCP-4757 ("Trials of Valhalla") - hawkguyy IS AWAITED IN VALHALLA.
  • SCP-4365 ("Five-Story Upside-Down Hotel") - What the fuck is a bear? Written by Tanhony.
  • SCP-4602 ("The Money-ki Neko") Thank you for your purchase! Written by Mistopheles.
  • SCP-4643 ("The Wheel of Fire") - It burns, burns, burns, the wheel of fire. Written by djkaktus.

Tales

GoI Formats



Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists who consistently released new work throughout the month and whose art output is worth following. Click on the thumbnails to see full size images.

See these and more artists' works on the Artists Pages (Redirect).


SunnyClockwork's Artwork Hub by SunnyClockwork

Nadox and the Mekhanite 02sunny-1.jpgSCP-4054 - The Seventh Doorsunny-2.jpgSCP-001 - Fishhooksunny-3.jpg


Randomraven artwork hub by Randomraven

Regretrandomraven-1.jpgSCP-2030randomraven-2.jpgHelpful eyesrandomraven-3.jpg


Aruspice's SCP artwork hub by aruspice

Scarlet King Conceptaruspice-2.jpgSCP Unity SCP-3199 model animated - Humans, Refutedaruspice-1.jpgSCP-3456 - The Orcadian Horsemenaruspice-3.jpg


In Shadow by LurkD

In Shadow is a serialized tale with a distinct style to its writing and illustrations. Audience participation via the article's discussion page determines how the story progresses.

lurkd.jpg



Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License