« | October 2015 | November 2015 »
Welcome to this monthly installment! This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month, and fancontent for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!
- The featured articles for November are SCP-1820 ("The Lost Cabin") by Trigonous and World Tour by yellowdrakex. One's about a warm, inviting place to stay when you're lost, and the other is about exploring the world and seeing all the wonderful mysteries that hide themselves beneath normalcy. Also, ghosts! Check them out!
- The featured articles from October were SCP-2107 ("Diet Ghost") by Dillinger PhD and Teeth, Dearie by Dr LosER. One's about a soda that's ghostly and made of ghosts, and the other is ghastly and just about your teeth. Give it a bit of a wiggle, maybe? Check them out if you missed them!
- No other on-site news for this month, although a reminder that there is a whole list of custom usertools to make your experience on this site better. The most popularly-requested is the Night Mode, released September and available to use. Report any bugs in the article's discussion thread. If you need to look for the page on-hand, there's a link under the User Resources box on the sidebar.
Missing out on articles? Enjoy a recap on the articles from the past month, as October has come and gone, and managed to bring us some spooky things!1
Week of October 1st
Not much happened this week. However, we did get some cool stuff. You guys didn't happen to wander into a Halloween store, did you?
- SCP-2523 ("Goblin Market", a rewrite of "Halloween Store") - From Halloween to November 1st, these stores are full of folklore, merriment, and decoration! Buy spooky stuff, so long as you barter something of yours for it. Go buy your orchard fruits, go buy, go buy! Originally written by Foamfollower, whimsically rewritten by sirpudding.
- SCP-2985 ("Anart, Author of the Scream") - These paintings are perfect replications… perhaps too perfect. An artist struggles to get his message heard while bigger players lurk in the shadows. Written by TyGently.
- SunnyClockwork's Artwork - SCP Tarot Cards - Ever wanted SCP-themed tarot cards for you and your friends? Look no further than Sunny's art! It's basically what you'd want out of an SCP-themed occult setting, minus the actual ghosts. Created by SunnyClockwork.
Week of October 8th
Loads of cool content. These articles are my BFFs.
- SCP-2286 ("If You Build a Better Mousetrap…") - If you build an attractor for a mice, you may try it out on people. And if you build an attractor for people… Written by thehermit2.
- SCP-2790 ("You've Got a Squid in Me") - Aww, how adorable! We should play and cuddle them! They're so cute, aren't they? Gorgeous skin too. Cutely written by A Random Day.
- SCP-7394-J ("HILARIOUS FARTING FROG CLICK NOW TO SEE") - Dude, did you get a load of this frog during lunch break? It let rip this giant, awful fart. We couldn't stop cracking up! #keterfrogfarts courtesy of Salman Corbette and Faminepulse.
- SCP-2298 ("Life in a Plastic Box") - Go into a shed, and you'll come across a city of mannequins. A closer look shows it's not just a world of fake plastic dummies and fake plastic trees. Written by Eekium.
- SCP-2580 ("Father-Daughter Project") - Father and daughter build a rocket to send to some aliens far off in the galaxy. Written by Zmax15.
- SCP-2528 ("Panda Processors") - Computers that see the world change over and over, and no one will listen. All they can do is be trapped and scream. Written by thamuzz.
- Document 48116-88 ("Son of the Earth") - My dearest Mashen'ka, I hope you and him are happy together, for these lost words are all I am able to offer again. Written by Blackbird5154 and iavev, translated by Gene R.
- A Witch's Tale - Mistakes Were Made - The cost of art is nothing compared to the message it'll send… or so they'll tell you. Take it from a witch; God hates art. Written by sirpudding.
- DreamwalkerFae's Author Page - DreamwalkerFae's author page! Greetings o' weary traveler. Come in, and sit down, and let Fae weave you a story about those who lived on.
- CirclesAndSquares Author Page - CirclesAndSquares' author page! Though, uh, someone should look into Dr. Bessette's unusual behavior.
Week of October 15th
If you're feeling sinister, go off and see your minister…
- SCP-2459 ("When the Traffic Clears") - These are all my possessions, and I can't just leave them. Would you walk up and away from all you hold dear or believe in? Written by WrongJohnSilver.
- SCP-2741 ("A Sinister Device") - A HA HA HA HA HA! ARE YOU READY TO FEEL… SINISTER? READ THE ARTICLE WHEN READY, AND THINGS WILL BECOME TRULY… SINISTER!! Written by Freudian.
- SCP-2106 ("A Conspiracy of Ravens") - The ravens flock together to feel human again. The human feels like a raven. This dynamic is too delicate to disturb. Written by Jacob Conwell.
- SCP-2428 ("Mr. Mad") - Sanity is relative. And in the wacky world of Wondertainment, Mr. Mad is the odd one out. Written by TwistedGears.
- SCP-2910 ("Welt am Draht") - Ever feel like people are ignoring you on purpose? They are. Forever. Written by A Random Day.
- Home Again - ""As I looked through the lens, the light…the flowers…the soldier returning to his lover after a deployment in hell…all of it suddenly felt perfect." Written by Snarky Potato.
- A Swingset's Song - I failed three times, abysmal; alone and guilty, tragic, Knowing that my ledger's full; red from misuse, magic. Written by researcher-dios, but you'll probably forget about it.
- Fear Not - "Do you understand literary allusion and quantum mechanics? Neither does anyone else, that's why this is still only +18." The previous blurb definitely not written by Randomini or anything, but the tale was.
Week of October 22nd
Some clockworks and flesh walk into a bar.
- SCP-300-J - Do you think puns rule? You probably can't measure how much you may or may not hate them. Miles-ly irritating as well. Probably written with a straight face by HexaDon.
- SCP-723-J ("Sad Roach") - Sad roach is sad. I wonder what happened to that roach to make it so sad. It must have had a hard life. Sadness transcribed by Zyn and Silberescher.
- SCP-2967 ("Australian Selkie") - Sometimes, conspiracies show in the weirdest and innocuous forms. You ever seen a seal before? Written by Freudian.
- SCP-2509 ("Hardware Pets") - Aww, cute pets! Don't act out-of-control now… hey, hey! Don't whir that blade that close to me! Written by CirclesAndSquares.
- SCP-2168 ("Progress") - The progress always moves forward, changing, transforming and destroying. Do you desire to stay for an easier life of slavery or go away, escape, marked forever? Written by Aleph_A.
- Hallow Inside - A Broken God member and a Sakricst priest trick-or-treat for Halloween, and find time to make some awkward talk. Written by HatIsMyFriend.
- Dr Jung's Terminal - Freudian's author page! Dr. Jung is away, but leave him an email and he may get back to you in a timely manner.
Week of October 29th
Spooky scary skeletons.
- SCP-2944 ("An Anomalous Haircut") - It is, indeed, an anomalous haircut. A pretty ugly one, if you ask me. Is it worth it to control all the hairs on your body? Written by Cavalry .
- SCP-512 ("Gravity-Nullifying Umbrella") - A rewrite of the old 512 by HK-016. Poor Mary Poppins, to say the least. Brought back to life by Roget and Dexanote.
- SCP-2263 ("The Skeleton Gallery") - A gallery full of skeletons, and an artist determined to put make them stand out. Written by Dr Solo.
What's been going on in the community aside from our site? Well…
- Site 7 Midnight Radio - A podcast hosted by Blackbird5154 and technical help and publishing done by iavev over on the Russian site! If you understand Russian and wanna take a look, feel free. Be sure to inform us of what they say too!
- ZAP has created SCP MOVIE: Episode 1, a well-shot, tensely-filmed, and atmospheric video about SCP-004. It's in Russian, but with English subtitles, so you can enjoy it!
- This Exists, a YouTube channel pointing out and explaining cool pop culture stuff, did a video on the SCP Wiki! The video is short and succinct, and while it doesn't cover everything, it's a great entry video for those new.
- Daily_SCP is a subreddit that showcases a new SCP a day, from the well-known to the obscure and hidden. A good way to find new skips you may not have heard of; I know I've discovered a couple new favorites from it. It's run by user HighlyDestruct7.
- SCP Minecraft yet again rises from the grave! Servers are run by Doctor Cimmerian, check it out!
Come back next month when there's more articles and content your way! This is a new feature, so let me know what you think, if the standards for showcasing should be greater (this showcased articles with a rating higher than +102), what fancontent I've missed, etc. I'd be happy to make this better for you guys! :)
« | November 2015 »