Welcome to this installment of site news! This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month, and fancontent for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!
- The featured articles for this month are SCP-1509 ("The Blade of Rebirth") by Rioghail and I ≠ I by Von Pincier. One's about a blade that causes wounds with infinite depth, and the other poses the question: how powerful can arbitrary words and simple logic be? Check them out!
- The featured articles from last month were SCP-2049 ("The Interdimensional Weather Station") by InsipidParoxysm and New Kid on the Block by Anaxagoras. One's about a weatheralien struggling to keep his station going, and the other is about a man struggling to reconcile the harsh reality around him with his internalized fantasies. Check them out if you missed them!
Rest of the News
- anqxyr has moved his Ebooks project out of the forums and onto the main site! If you wanna read the site (and even the Wanderer's Library too) on the go, this is something to check out.
- The Deletions policy has been updated and in effect for the past half-month. You can see the revisions here.
- The 4th Annual SCP Holiday Art Exchange has come and gone, and lots of exciting gifts! From tales, to pictures, to even a tabletop RPG setting! Come see all the wonderful creativity on tap from the community!
- Randomini has finished the Randomini Continues Talking Despite The Best Efforts Of Almost Everyone He Knows: Advent Calendar Edition v2015! A link to his Bandcamp, where you can download it and pay what you want, contains all readings and even bonus tracks! Go check it out; it's a great time.
Missing out on articles? Enjoy a recap on the articles from the past month, as 2016 has rolled in, and we take a look at the final articles of 2015!
Week of December 1st
In dire need of some entertainment? Go ditch Cousin Johnny, cause we got a show for you.
- SCP-2848 ("Leave It All Behind") - When fate thrusts you into a life anew as a second chance, it's often to make sure you learn a lesson. Grieving can be hard, but we all must move past it. Originally written by Roget, rewritten by TroyL.
- SCP-3V1L-J ("The Master Plan") - You fool! All along, you had thought this was going to be a joke article about some incompetent villain. But little did you know, everything went all according to plan! I even got my henchman daveyoufool to write up my exploits!
- SCP-2430 ("Immortal Hitler Clone") - When you have acquired pounds of regenerating flesh, what do you do with it? Make it a human-shaped - I mean, let justice be served. Written by MrWrong.
- Audio Log From December 24th, 2010 - You know, no one's ever tried singing about SCP-055. Do we… have an SCP-055? Written and sung by Doctor Cimmerian.
- Project Morpheus - The Foundation uses SCP-990 to go into a person's dreams and utilize them for recon and intelligence. The Oneiroi aren't too pleased about it, however. Written by MrWrong.
- CotBG Archive ██/██/20██-███: Of Dragons and Serpents - Poems about the Broken God in all of their glory. Written by SunnyClockwork.
- Funerals Are Fun - A funeral held for a beloved gets crashed for a prank TV show. Hilarity ensues! Lots of laughs to be had! Written by WrongJohnSilver.
- GRANT REQUEST FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF AN INTERSTELLAR SCIENCE VESSEL - Prometheus Labs has always dreamed big, and there's nothing around bigger than space. So the logical conclusion is to build a starship powered by a black hole. Written by GreenWolf.
Week of December 8th
Spaaace. SPAAAAAACE. As if the last week didn't have enough space for you, you get even more for this week!
- SCP-1075 ("The Forest Normally Known as Vince") - In the cold Colorado mountains, one man is a forest. Or maybe the forest is a man. Honestly I'm not really sure anymore. Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
- SCP-2484 ("Parasitic Mayonnaise Worms") - Mayonnaise hasn't ever tasted more disgusting until now. Made with EGGS. LOTS OF EGGS. YOURE BODY IS OUR HOME, and lots of love. Written by Dr Solo.
- SCP-2511 ("Kappa Population Distribution: More in Mongolia than anywhere else") - The kappa is more commonly found in Mongolia. They can be found in Japan too, but there are less of them there. That's how things are. Written by MrWrong.
- The Flight of Daedalus - Prometheus Labs wants to know: do you want to go to space? Because that's where this tale (series) is going. Written by GreenWolf.
- Database error? - A junior researcher has low-level clearance for 2140, and tries to figure out what purpose it serves while struggling with disturbing dreams. Written by MrWrong.
- The HAMI-BOMBARD Blues, Part I - "Hey guys, I was thinking, how do we make a giant metal humanoid machine more dangerous?" "You still got them nukes? I bet we could put one on the arm." Written by Von Pincier.
- R.I.P. - Sex, Death, and Rock & Roll. The Cowboy rides again. Written by TheDuckman.
- Loss and Nostalgia - A series of vignettes connected to tell a tale about, well, loss and nostalgia. Whether you're a space goddess, an artist, or a religious follower, they're all feelings that resonate. Written by TyGently.
- A Site-19 Christmas Carol - 'tis the season to be jolly! Some odd researcher has composed a grand stage play in the style of 'A Christmas Carol' for Foundation employees! But printers are only for work, people. Definitely not written incognito by djkaktus.
- GRANT REQUEST FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF TOOLS FOR MAPPING LOCALES WITH INCONSISTENT SPACETIME - Never get lost again with the new Prometheus Labs Spacetime Mapping Unit! Capable of navigating even the most severe anomalies, this is an essential tool for any anomologist or extradimensional explorer. Written by AJMansfield.
- AJMansfield's Author Page - AJMansfield's author page! Pretty concise, isn't it? You got the articles listed, any arbitrary awards, and their ratings. Wholly effective.
Week of December 15th
It's sulfide, it's Hell time, it's the woooord…
- SCP-2520 ("Winters Past") - A message of care can quickly become an object of suspicion when it falls into hands it was never meant to. This simple pair of mittens has quite a few troublesome implications for the Foundation. Written by FilmCriticFrog.
- SCP-2372 ("Soulmates") - Be careful with what you do to yourself. Your souls may misinterpret them grossly. Written by MrWrong.
- SCP-2328 ("The Hoarder's Son") - For once, taking out the trash is inadvisable. It might not come back. This precious trash-child was written by mister-smalls.
- SCP-2336 ("The Word") - What do you do when you can't fully contain a phenomenon that results in dangerous entities being brought into the world? You make use of it. Written by spikebrennan.
- SCP-2527 ("Massy's Big Chance") - You are LAMASSU, but you are otherwise known as MASSY. You are a POWERFUL ASSYRIAN GOD. It is your big chance to ESTABLIS YOUR DOMONION. What will you do? Written by daveyoufool.
- SCP-2905 ("A Web Wrapped With Roses and Poisons") - A Healer's apprentice has her life hanging by a thread when her once peaceful home turns into a hellish nightmare. The latest addition to the Pitch Haven universe. Written by OZ Ouroboros.
- Exit Interview - When they came for Ellen O'Connor, she couldn't expect that it would soon lead to revelations bigger than her. But you have to keep a cool head through these kind of things. Written by psul.
- Bigger Than Jesus - Paul is dead. No wait, Paul isn't dead. Well… let's just say that Jesus wasn't one of the ones condemned on the Mount that day. Written by WrongJohnSilver.
- F̶o̶u̶r̶t̶e̶e̶n̶ Thirteen - The Serpent was the Fourteen demiurge, but failed and doomed the world. Now there are only 13 to fix their mistake. Written by Fantem.
- He Was Blind and Deaf on a Sunny Day - A God suffers and feels itself breaking apart. It scrambles to keep from drowning, in an effort to feel whole. Written by SunnyClockwork.
Week of December 22nd - 31st
'tis the holidays for some skiptacular cheer! Grab the eggnog (or hot chocolate, or similar beverage) and settle in.
- SCP-2577 ("Falling Ships") - Ron Perlman's new show, "Frozen Steel", will show you the dangers and thrills associated with decommissioning military ships. Might wanna binge-watch this! Written by Petrograd.
- Too Drunk To Be Merry - Dietrich and Merle celebrate Christmas Eve together in the best way possible; drunk and sad. Written by LurkD.
- The Lost Shepherd - Daniel Horatio Aeslinger, Psy. D., spends Christmas Eve alone, lost in Site-19's corridors, and caffeineless. Written by Crayne.
- Santa's New Home - He sees you when you're sleeping, and he knows when you're awake. He's probably spherical as well. Written by MrWrong.
- Code Brown - The Bright family gets together under less-than-cordial terms. As the day goes on, tension starts to subtly build in the air, putting the family on edge. Written by TheDuckman.
- "Baby's First Guide to Keter-Class Anomalies" and Other Questionable Documents Recovered from the Hard Drive of Dr. ████ ███████ - Even newborns love poetry. What could be better than SCP-themed poetry? It's not like it'll be scarring or anything! Written by Cyantreuse.
- Walk in the Park - This tale about the best anomalous baseball around really knocked it out of the park! Huh? No, don't boo! That's gotta be at least worth a walk to 2nd base! Written by MrAnakinSpecter.
- The Clock Shall Strike Again - A guard of Alagadda witnesses his King get Hanged and his city fall apart. Even by its end, he will be its sole Guard. Written by SunnyClockwork.
- Beasts of the Old Letters - Open your alphabet book, and take a trip to Fantasy. Learn more about the land where Dragons Used to Be. Written by OZ Ouroboros and DreamwalkerFae.
What's been going on in the community aside from our site? Well…
- GemoDawn, who operates the channel SCPReadings, did two particularly impressive videos in December. The first is actually a reading of ●●|●●●●●|●●|● - well, less of a reading and more of a discussion and interpretation of an SCP with no words, which really highlights what makes it such a special skip. If you're looking for a more conventional reading, there's a good, icky one of SCP-1104! She also did a lullaby of sorts about the Foundation; a particularly haunting one, at that. A great channel all-around.
- Though this is in Russian, it is suitably creepy nonetheless. Влад Семецкий, or nakomis132 has done two videos reading SCP-1220-RU, a creepy and disturbing skip. Perfect way to close off 2015, don't you think :3
Lots of cool fanart this month! In the holiday spirit, here is a truckload for you all, in a wide variety of styles!! If you haven't seen what artists on the site have produced, go here and here to see what we make!
- Daily SCP is a blog that does daily drawings of SCPs, going both in chronological order and taking requests. This month, one of their works that I particularly enjoyed was art of SCP-445. Incredibly silly and cute!
- OverlordCrown is our next feature for making a simple yet visually-unique drawing of one of my favorite SCPs, SCP-1936, and reminded me of visually of Vib-Ribbon straightaway. [Epilepsy Warning] Go look here.
- Stairwayblues is an artist with a colorful style and, well, since we have a tale about 2030 this month, why not link you a wonderful picture of it? Here's SCP-2030 in all of its suave, charming glory. Laugh is indeed fun, and also colorful to boot!
- Perelka-l has her own fanart thread on the forums, but this isn't on the site, and I figure it'd be worth it to bring more attention to her art! Perelka_L did a really neat one of Agent Troy Lament, because the agents working tirelessly and risking their lives each day need as much love as the SCPs too.
- Wondered how SCP-1471 appears on all those pics? Shiala has thought so too, and decided to treat us to her interpretation of it. The result is a really cute pic. Selfies!
- There's been a few Undertale/SCP crossover pics of recent, and my favorite from this month is SaintNevermore's depiction of SCP-682 as a boss. Can you even imagine? Imagine no more! Check out the monstrosity that is 682 in Undertale-style here.
- SorateikO716 has a style I particularly enjoy, with cute-looking humanoids and attention-drawing eyes. This artist did a whole photoset of SCPs, such as SCP-1372, SCP-2049, SCP-1591, SCP-1760, SCP-2833, & SCP-1739! It's always cool to see how some SCPs can be interpreted into humanoid figures! The photoset is here, and the artist has a personal website here!
- 寧子 has one image thus far, but it's a simple and pretty portrait of the ever-so-cute SCP-131. Not too much to say about it, other than I liked it a lot, enough to feature it here. Go see it here.
Top-Rated Articles of 2015
2015 has been a massive year, hasn't it? Lots of cool skips and tales have come and showed their staying power. So what are the top-rated ones of the year? Here are the Top 10 for SCPs and tales! (Well, in both cases, more than that.)
- ●●|●●●●●|●●|● - +609 (by LurkD)
- SCP-DEALS-J ("ANOMALOUSLY LOW PRICES ON USED AUTOMOBILES") - +215 (by Von Pincier)
- SCP-2602, which used to be a library ("Exbibliothetic") - +214 (by Communism will win)
- SCP-SAFE-J ("Some safes") - +207 (by DJ Suptic)
- SCP-2875 ("The Town That Got Fucked By Bears") - +200 (by djkaktus)
- SCP-1730 ("What Happened to Site-13?") - +190 (by djkaktus)
- SCP-2915 ("Frostee-Flesh") - +177 (by Djoric)
- SCP-2771 ("Border Duty") - +172 (by Petrograd)
- SCP-2273 ("Major Alexei Belitrov, of the Red Army's 22nd Armored Infantry Division") - +161 (by Agent MacLeod)
- SCP-2256 ("Very Tall Things") - +155 (Tied) (by qntm)
- SCP-TTKU-J (which is a thing that kills you) ("A Thing That Kills You") - +155 (Tied) (by daveyoufool)
- We Need To Talk About Fifty-Five - +234 (by qntm)
- Introductory Antimemetics - +167 (by qntm)
- ALERT! LOCKDOWN INITIATED! - +147 (by LurkD)
- Containment Breach The Musical - +132 (by PeppersGhost)
- The Lucky Dinosaur - +129 (by Sophia Light)
- Command-Query Separation - +104 (by LurkD)
- Everyone Knows - +99 (by Bryx)
- Clock Multiplier - +97 (by LurkD)
- Null-terminating String - +96 (by LurkD)
- Ketergrams - +92 (Tied) (by Michael Atreus)
- Superencipherment - +92 (Tied) (by LurkD)
- CASE COLOURLESS GREEN - +92 (Tied) (by qntm)
Thanks for tuning in again, guys! I'm looking forward to making this better and better as 2016 goes on. If you have any thoughts or feedback, please leave a comment or PM me. Come back again next month when there's more articles and content coming your way, as always!