News for December 2015

« November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 »

Welcome to this installment of site news! This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month, and fancontent for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

On-Site News

Featured Articles

  • The featured articles for this month are SCP-1509 ("The Blade of Rebirth") by RioghailRioghail and I ≠ I by Von PincierVon Pincier. One's about a blade that causes wounds with infinite depth, and the other poses the question: how powerful can arbitrary words and simple logic be? Check them out!
  • The featured articles from last month were SCP-2049 ("The Interdimensional Weather Station") by InsipidParoxysmInsipidParoxysm and New Kid on the Block by AnaxagorasAnaxagoras. One's about a weatheralien struggling to keep his station going, and the other is about a man struggling to reconcile the harsh reality around him with his internalized fantasies. Check them out if you missed them!

Rest of the News


Missing out on articles? Enjoy a recap on the articles from the past month, as 2016 has rolled in, and we take a look at the final articles of 2015!

Week of December 1st

In dire need of some entertainment? Go ditch Cousin Johnny, cause we got a show for you.

SCPs

  • SCP-2848 ("Leave It All Behind") - When fate thrusts you into a life anew as a second chance, it's often to make sure you learn a lesson. Grieving can be hard, but we all must move past it. Originally written by RogetRoget, rewritten by TroyLTroyL.
  • SCP-3V1L-J ("The Master Plan") - You fool! All along, you had thought this was going to be a joke article about some incompetent villain. But little did you know, everything went all according to plan! I even got my henchman daveyoufooldaveyoufool to write up my exploits!
  • SCP-2430 ("Immortal Hitler Clone") - When you have acquired pounds of regenerating flesh, what do you do with it? Make it a human-shaped - I mean, let justice be served. Written by MrWrongMrWrong.

Tales

GoI Formats

Week of December 8th

Spaaace. SPAAAAAACE. As if the last week didn't have enough space for you, you get even more for this week!

SCPs

  • SCP-1075 ("The Forest Normally Known as Vince") - In the cold Colorado mountains, one man is a forest. Or maybe the forest is a man. Honestly I'm not really sure anymore. Written by Doctor CimmerianDoctor Cimmerian.
  • SCP-2484 ("Parasitic Mayonnaise Worms") - Mayonnaise hasn't ever tasted more disgusting until now. Made with EGGS. LOTS OF EGGS. YOURE BODY IS OUR HOME, and lots of love. Written by Dr SoloDr Solo.
  • SCP-2511 ("Kappa Population Distribution: More in Mongolia than anywhere else") - The kappa is more commonly found in Mongolia. They can be found in Japan too, but there are less of them there. That's how things are. Written by MrWrongMrWrong.

Tales

  • Database error? - A junior researcher has low-level clearance for 2140, and tries to figure out what purpose it serves while struggling with disturbing dreams. Written by MrWrongMrWrong.
  • The HAMI-BOMBARD Blues, Part I - "Hey guys, I was thinking, how do we make a giant metal humanoid machine more dangerous?" "You still got them nukes? I bet we could put one on the arm." Written by Von PincierVon Pincier.
  • R.I.P. - Sex, Death, and Rock & Roll. The Cowboy rides again. Written by AdminBrightAdminBright.
  • Loss and Nostalgia - A series of vignettes connected to tell a tale about, well, loss and nostalgia. Whether you're a space goddess, an artist, or a religious follower, they're all feelings that resonate. Written by TyGentlyTyGently.
  • A Site-19 Christmas Carol - 'tis the season to be jolly! Some odd researcher has composed a grand stage play in the style of 'A Christmas Carol' for Foundation employees! But printers are only for work, people. Definitely not written incognito by djkaktusdjkaktus.

GoI Formats

Author Pages

Week of December 15th

It's sulfide, it's Hell time, it's the woooord…

SCPs

  • SCP-2520 ("Winters Past") - A message of care can quickly become an object of suspicion when it falls into hands it was never meant to. This simple pair of mittens has quite a few troublesome implications for the Foundation. Written by FilmCriticFrog does not match any existing user name.
  • SCP-2372 ("Soulmates") - Be careful with what you do to yourself. Your souls may misinterpret them grossly. Written by MrWrongMrWrong.
  • SCP-2328 ("The Hoarder's Son") - For once, taking out the trash is inadvisable. It might not come back. This precious trash-child was written by basicmathgirlbasicmathgirl.
  • SCP-2336 ("The Word") - What do you do when you can't fully contain a phenomenon that results in dangerous entities being brought into the world? You make use of it. Written by spikebrennanspikebrennan.
  • SCP-2527 ("Massy's Big Chance") - You are LAMASSU, but you are otherwise known as MASSY. You are a POWERFUL ASSYRIAN GOD. It is your big chance to ESTABLIS YOUR DOMONION. What will you do? Written by daveyoufooldaveyoufool.
  • SCP-2905 ("A Web Wrapped With Roses and Poisons") - A Healer's apprentice has her life hanging by a thread when her once peaceful home turns into a hellish nightmare. The latest addition to the Pitch Haven universe. Written by OZ OuroborosOZ Ouroboros.

Tales

  • Exit Interview - When they came for Ellen O'Connor, she couldn't expect that it would soon lead to revelations bigger than her. But you have to keep a cool head through these kind of things. Written by psulpsul.
  • Bigger Than Jesus - Paul is dead. No wait, Paul isn't dead. Well… let's just say that Jesus wasn't one of the ones condemned on the Mount that day. Written by WrongJohnSilverWrongJohnSilver.
  • F̶o̶u̶r̶t̶e̶e̶n̶ Thirteen - The Serpent was the Fourteen demiurge, but failed and doomed the world. Now there are only 13 to fix their mistake. Written by FantemFantem.
  • He Was Blind and Deaf on a Sunny Day - A God suffers and feels itself breaking apart. It scrambles to keep from drowning, in an effort to feel whole. Written by SunnyClockworkSunnyClockwork.

Week of December 22nd - 31st

'tis the holidays for some skiptacular cheer! Grab the eggnog (or hot chocolate, or similar beverage) and settle in.

SCPs

  • SCP-2577 ("Falling Ships") - Ron Perlman's new show, "Frozen Steel", will show you the dangers and thrills associated with decommissioning military ships. Might wanna binge-watch this! Written by PetrogradPetrograd.

Tales

Fandom Stuff

What's been going on in the community aside from our site? Well…

  • GemoDawnGemoDawn, who operates the channel SCPReadings, did two particularly impressive videos in December. The first is actually a reading of ●●|●●●●●|●●|● - well, less of a reading and more of a discussion and interpretation of an SCP with no words, which really highlights what makes it such a special skip. If you're looking for a more conventional reading, there's a good, icky one of SCP-1104! She also did a lullaby of sorts about the Foundation; a particularly haunting one, at that. A great channel all-around.
  • Though this is in Russian, it is suitably creepy nonetheless. Влад Семецкий, or nakomis132 has done two videos reading SCP-1220-RU, a creepy and disturbing skip. Perfect way to close off 2015, don't you think :3

Fanart

Lots of cool fanart this month! In the holiday spirit, here is a truckload for you all, in a wide variety of styles!! If you haven't seen what artists on the site have produced, go here and here to see what we make!

  • Daily SCP is a blog that does daily drawings of SCPs, going both in chronological order and taking requests. This month, one of their works that I particularly enjoyed was art of SCP-445. Incredibly silly and cute!
  • OverlordCrown is our next feature for making a simple yet visually-unique drawing of one of my favorite SCPs, SCP-1936, and reminded me of visually of Vib-Ribbon straightaway. [Epilepsy Warning] Go look here.
  • Stairwayblues is an artist with a colorful style and, well, since we have a tale about 2030 this month, why not link you a wonderful picture of it? Here's SCP-2030 in all of its suave, charming glory. Laugh is indeed fun, and also colorful to boot!
  • Perelka-l has her own fanart thread on the forums, but this isn't on the site, and I figure it'd be worth it to bring more attention to her art! Perelka_LPerelka_L did a really neat one of Agent Troy Lament, because the agents working tirelessly and risking their lives each day need as much love as the SCPs too.
  • Wondered how SCP-1471 appears on all those pics? Shiala has thought so too, and decided to treat us to her interpretation of it. The result is a really cute pic. Selfies!
  • There's been a few Undertale/SCP crossover pics of recent, and my favorite from this month is SaintNevermore's depiction of SCP-682 as a boss. Can you even imagine? Imagine no more! Check out the monstrosity that is 682 in Undertale-style here.
  • SorateikO716 has a style I particularly enjoy, with cute-looking humanoids and attention-drawing eyes. This artist did a whole photoset of SCPs, such as SCP-1372, SCP-2049, SCP-1591, SCP-1760, SCP-2833, & SCP-1739! It's always cool to see how some SCPs can be interpreted into humanoid figures! The photoset is here, and the artist has a personal website here!
  • 寧子 has one image thus far, but it's a simple and pretty portrait of the ever-so-cute SCP-131. Not too much to say about it, other than I liked it a lot, enough to feature it here. Go see it here.

Top-Rated Articles of 2015

2015 has been a massive year, hasn't it? Lots of cool skips and tales have come and showed their staying power. So what are the top-rated ones of the year? Here are the Top 10 for SCPs and tales! (Well, in both cases, more than that.)

SCPs:
  1. ●●|●●●●●|●●|● - +609 (by LurkDLurkD)
  2. SCP-DEALS-J ("ANOMALOUSLY LOW PRICES ON USED AUTOMOBILES") - +215 (by Von PincierVon Pincier)
  3. SCP-2602, which used to be a library ("Exbibliothetic") - +214 (by Communism will winCommunism will win)
  4. SCP-SAFE-J ("Some safes") - +207 (by DJ SupticDJ Suptic)
  5. SCP-2875 ("The Town That Got Fucked By Bears") - +200 (by djkaktusdjkaktus)
  6. SCP-1730 ("What Happened to Site-13?") - +190 (by djkaktusdjkaktus)
  7. SCP-2915 ("Frostee-Flesh") - +177 (by DjoricDjoric)
  8. SCP-2771 ("Border Duty") - +172 (by PetrogradPetrograd)
  9. SCP-2273 ("Major Alexei Belitrov, of the Red Army's 22nd Armored Infantry Division") - +161 (by Agent MacLeodAgent MacLeod)
  10. SCP-2256 ("Very Tall Things") - +155 (Tied) (by qntmqntm)
  11. SCP-TTKU-J (which is a thing that kills you) ("A Thing That Kills You") - +155 (Tied) (by daveyoufooldaveyoufool)
Tales:
  1. We Need To Talk About Fifty-Five - +234 (by qntmqntm)
  2. Introductory Antimemetics - +167 (by qntmqntm)
  3. ALERT! LOCKDOWN INITIATED! - +147 (by LurkDLurkD)
  4. Containment Breach The Musical - +132 (by PeppersGhostPeppersGhost)
  5. The Lucky Dinosaur - +129 (by Sophia LightSophia Light)
  6. Command-Query Separation - +104 (by LurkDLurkD)
  7. Everyone Knows - +99 (by BryxBryx)
  8. Clock Multiplier - +97 (by LurkDLurkD)
  9. Null-terminating String - +96 (by LurkDLurkD)
  10. Ketergrams - +92 (Tied) (by Michael AtreusMichael Atreus)
  11. Superencipherment - +92 (Tied) (by LurkDLurkD)
  12. CASE COLOURLESS GREEN - +92 (Tied) (by qntmqntm)

Thanks for tuning in again, guys! I'm looking forward to making this better and better as 2016 goes on. If you have any thoughts or feedback, please leave a comment or PM me. Come back again next month when there's more articles and content coming your way, as always!

« November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License