Notes towards a manifesto
rating: +51+x

WE ASK THE QUESTION HERE
1. deviating from or inconsistent with the common order, form, or rule; irregular; abnormal:

SMASH the confines of reality! Purge Art of modernism, commercialism, post-modernism, galleryism, pre-modernism, manifestoism, consumerism, ismism. Art dies by inches, confined in glass & steel & paint. Release it into the world. Art is life & life is Art. Create Art reality.
2. not fitting into a common or familiar type, classification, or pattern; unusual 3. incongruous or inconsistent.

REMAKE the tools of expression! An expression made is an expression made unoriginal. Art is not regurgitation. Reduce, reuse, recontextualize, redact, demake, unmake, destroy. Never think of the same river twice.
#. not organized or planned in a conventional way 27. encouraged to function or evolve without advance planning; spontaneous.

UTILIZE the canvas! Expose the people to Art reality. Art is for the people & people are for Art. Mourn the loss as a cochineal or spent paint.
}. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of surrealism; surrealistic. ?. having the disorienting, hallucinatory quality of a dream; unreal; fantastic:

SUBVERT the aims of the collectors and aficionados! Curators to academics to directors, seek to explain & cage Art & expression. Do not avoid or purge. Make Art from their actions.
-8. any member of a class of words that modify nouns and pronouns, primarily by describing a particular quality of the word they are modifying.

For thousands of years, Art furtively asked the questions of the age. What is Life? what is Art? what is god? Now we pile upon the altar of art and ask our own question. Life is fleeting, Art is everything and nothing, and god is away. We seek a far greater question, found in the clubs you don't know. The bands never heard. Find it all, but don't show it. Show it off, but not too obvious, make it public, but limited. It defines this modern world, from computers to walking. To even ask is to fail, to reflect is heresy.

Are we cool yet?

Sheridan sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose and dropped the sheet of paper to the desk.

"What the fuck did I just read, Braun?" he asked, leaning back in his chair. Braun gulped.

"Well, sir," he answered, "we think it's some kind of manifesto from the group that did the Ossify thing. It's just…"

"Just what?"

"Well, we've recovered nearly three dozen of these, and no two are the same. Not just in the style or wording, either. They all seem to advocate contradictory positions."

"Are there any consistencies?"

"Well, every piece seems to call for the use of anomalous objects to create quote, 'art reality.' We think. Some of it's pretty, uh… pretty abstract."

"Fan-fucking-tastic."

"There's something else, sir… Several of the documents suggest a knowledge of the existence of the Foundation, as well as several other groups of interest. There's even a few lines that a few of the analysts think might be references to currently contained objects."

"So, there's a bunch idiot kids making 'statements' about man's inhumanity to man or whatever that we have to clean up and contain. We don't know how many there are, what they stand for, or where they operate from. And they know about us somehow."

"Basically, sir, yes."

"Christ, even with the Church or the Iranians, we at least know where they stand. When I first started, you had the CI and the GOC and one or two others. We hated them and they hated us, but at least we were playing the same game. Everyone wanted skips. And y'know what? That was fine! Now we've a half-dozen idiots making objects, you've got that weirdo in the suit, and now there's these assholes." He sighed and motioned for Braun to leave.

As the door clicked shut, Sheridan picked up another manifesto from the pile and began to read.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License