Preaching To The Choir
rating: +32+x

Director Cyrus knew that Fritz was watching him as he shuffled through a filing cabinet. He made a mental note to have a serious discussion with whomever had filed these things in an ass-backwards way. Yanking them out of the drawer, he hastily shut the cabinet and turned to face his counterpart.

"Commander Williams… thank you for coming on such short notice."

Fritz leaned forward in his seat. "It's Fritz, if you don't mind."

Cyrus glanced up. "Right… I'm here to check on the status of E-345. Is it on track for tomorrow's test?"

Fritz nodded. "Yes sir. They might actually be taking it to the provisional containment unit now… hold on, let me check."

A crumpled piece of paper was produced, and Fritz peered at it. "Actually… it's being moved in an hour or so. I can check back with you then if you need it."

"That will be all, Williams. You can go."

So he did.


Commander Frederick Williams walked through the halls of Site-19, out of administrative offices to containment areas. There was a better atmosphere here, friendlier. If he'd been here on any other day, he might've stopped by the employee lounge, or observe the containment areas of some skips under his watch. But he didn't do any of those things. Instead, he made a beeline for one containment area.

He entered quietly, walking to the folding table in the middle of the room. There was a single sheet of paper, and a dull #2 pencil. No eraser. Sitting in the squeaky wooden chair, he began to write.

Hello, Cass


Welcome, please enter user ID.
Direc/Cyrus
Please enter password.
icannotrecall

Password Accepted.
.
.
.
Loading…
.
.
.
Loading…
.
.
.
Access Granted.
.
.
.
Welcome, Director Cyrus. Please enter an action.

Access Logs: Experiment E-345

Stand by….
.
.
.
Experiment E-345 involves the exposure of E-345, a humanoid with psychokinetic abilities, with Prometheus Labs Telekill alloy. Initial testing has indicated that the alloy is sufficient to block any telepathic signal, and this could prove a boon to containment, if successful. The test procedure will see Researcher Byron escorting E-345 to the center of the test area, followed by a square of telekill alloy being lowered over it. Following this, D-3451 and D-8063 will be sent into the containment chamber, and E-345 will be instructed to begin manifesting its effect after Researcher Byron evacuates the room.

YOU(Director Cyrus), Agent HK-016, and an HMCL Supervisor(Dr. Eberstrom) will be stationed in the observation chamber. No other notable personnel will be involved in testing.


How are you?

The animate sketch looked to the left border of her paper prison, before sketching out a reply. Very bored. What sort of test do you want to do?

Actually, I thought we could just talk.

She paused, frowning towards the blank space she assumed the writer would be looking from. Fritz?

yes.

Cassandra's face broke out into a smile. Well, that changes things…


Access Testing Log: Commander Williams
.
.
.
Commander Wiliams Test Log:
E-0345: 13
E-0456: Unknown, object terminated
E-1371: Unknown, object terminated
SCP-278: 13
E-2300: Unknown, object terminated
E-0089: Unknown, object terminated
SCP-082: 15
SCP-085: 56!

SCP-085 Logs: Access
.
.
.
.
Loading…
.
.
.
.
Currently, primary testing with SCP-085 has been performed with Commander Williams


"You're always the first to defend him! Can't you see when Fritz is doing wrong?!"

Masipag glared across the hall to Kulzn, who wore his usual veneer of indiference.

"What Fritz does with his time is his own business, Masipag, and not yours."

She grimaced at him. "Fritz has been spending all his time with the drawing, and not with me or Kraito! How can we be ready for this huge, big-deal test if he isn't even giving his subordinates the time of day?"

Kulzn paused. "Have you thought he might have a little faith in you, for once?"

Masipag's glare hardened. "Watch what you say. Kulzn…"

"Fine … fine… but think about this: Maybe if you'd gotten off your ass for once and took some initiative, you'd be overseeing the test tomorrow and not me."

"Fuck you, Kulzn. Just… god…" She leaned against the wall, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"See you tomorrow, Lieutenant."


Access Logs: Lee Byron
.
.
.
.
.
Lee Byron is a member of the Foundation, under the Telepathic Research division of Site-19. Currently assigned as the Research lead for the "Telekill Alloy" project. Further information is restricted.

icanremembernow

…Loading Amnestic Logs

"Currently, I believe that Researcher Byron is fully capable of performing his duties, in spite of his prior history as an Amnestic user. He has shown nothing but determined work spirit and is an asset to my team. Lee is fully capable of leading this project."

Commander Williams
.
.
.
Logout
.
Goodbye, Administrator.


The research labs were usually pretty sparse this time of night. The work day had long ago ended, sending doctors, lab assistants and technicians scurrying to their dormitories. Occasionally, there was a slumbering junior researcher left behind by colleagues, but these were few and far between. There was, however. One person in the labs on this particular evening. Lumbering through the corridors, glancing in doors, Lee made his way to the primary test chamber.

Everything was ready for tomorrow. The telekill cube was in its place, resting in the center of the room. It loomed overhead, a titanic iceberg that dominated the testing area. He watched it for just a moment, a brief one, then began ascending the scaffold that had been erected around it. Around and around, he could feel it wrapping around him.

Your audience awaits, Lee.

He stood atop the mountaintop, and saw the multitudes that would be waiting. They wanted his sound, his way. The notes of the crescendo would ring through history, and ready humanity for the finale.

Lee Byron spreads his arms, and the crowd goes wild.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License