SCP-005-J-EX
rating: +205+x

Item #: SCP-005-J-EX

Object Class: Keter Explained

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-005-J-EX now appears to arise spontaneously in approximately 15% of all humans, and is no longer considered anomalous. Nevertheless, as a training exercise (and as a public service) Mobile Task Force Gamma-5 ("Red Herrings") are currently attempting to generate a counter-meme: that SCP-005-J-EX is "really annoying" and should be suppressed. No other containment procedures appear possible. MTF Gamma-5 personnel are required to perform an Allen-Pryor test at least once per month to ensure contagion has not occurred.

Description: SCP-005-J-EX is a cognitohazardous meme. It consists of the idea that a joke or humorous anecdote will remain funny once it has been explained. When instances of SCP-005-J-EX arise, all remnants of humour in the relevant joke are completely [DATA EXPUNGED].

The following are extracts from the testing logs for Class D personnel testing positive for SCP-005-J-EX:

D-4698: You heard me say it was a duck? Because that way…

D-2663: Get it? It sounds like you're crying - boo hoo. Boo hoo? So then I say…

D-7984: No? You know that people from ██████████ are all really stupid, right? Okay, so the third guy thinks…

D-9909: …I guess you just had to be there. But remember that Mike is a big guy…

D-2348: It's kind of an anti-joke. It's playing with the expectation of a punchline by giving the most banal motivation the chicken could have.

D-1003: Just a pun on "explained", really. Not much more to it than that.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License