SCP-069-UA

Item #: SCP-069-UA

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-069-UA must be contained in a secure chamber at least 10 x 10 meters wide and 2 meters high. The containment chamber itself must have soundproof walls. It is prohibited to place objects inside SCP-069-UA, to expose it to any sort of powerful sounds or musical melodies and to block the ability of the object to move, except during authorized testing. Experiments that involve placing SCP-069-UA in closed spaces less than 2 x 2 x 2 meters in size are prohibited.

Description: SCP-069-UA is a charcoal smoothing-iron, made of cast iron and weighing exactly 5.1 kg. The left side of the iron bears the inscription "Дата выпуска 1933"1 as well as the State Emblem of the Soviet Union. The iron itself was likely made at the time specified on the object- the anomalous properties were apparently acquired at a later date.

Every day at 5:00 PM an event designated AEX-069 occurs. At the start of the event, SCP-069-UA rises above the ground to a height of 50 to 250 cm. Within the next four (4) minutes, the object flies around the area along a unique trajectory. Should event AEX-069 occur while SCP-069-UA is located indoors, it is to remain inside of the area. In case that adjacent rooms are available, the object can travel through up to 25 rooms on its path.

It should be noted that the object counteracts attempts to disrupt its motion during AEX-069. Experiments have shown that, if at the beginning of AEX-069 the object was fastened to something (for example, with a chain), then, at the onset of the event, SCP-069-UA makes sharp moves that break the fixtures (in case of a chain, it tears a link apart). Fixtures of any strength tested so far were successfully broken. This event also occurs when SCP-069-UA attempts to avoid obstacles. For example, during one experiment, thirty 1 x 2 m sheets of glass were placed in SCP-069-UA's containment chamber. During the next AEX-069 event, the object did not collide with any of the glass sheets.

At the start of every AEX-069 event, SCP-069-UA emits a melody, referred to as SCP-069-M-UA. Usually, SCP-069-M-UA consists of the National Anthem of the Soviet Union; this version of SCP-069-M-UA is referred to as SCP-069-M1-UA. Also, if SCP-069-UA contains charcoal (or another flammable material) at the onset of AEX-069, said material will burn completely over the course of the event, emitting the expected amount of heat for the given material. Charcoal and many other substances that can be considered fuel burn down completely, without any ash or residue. In the case that SCP-069-UA is filled with non-combustive material, results may vary greatly, though they depend on material's properties.

Discovery: The object was discovered in a warehouse of an abandoned factory in the Donetsk region of Ukraine, [REDACTED], which has been closed since 1991. According to further investigations, a certain [REDACTED], formerly a category 5 welder2, later transferred to work as a guard at the warehouse for health reasons, had disappeared shortly before the factory was shut down. The subject was also an active member of a local CPSU3 cell. Some time later MTF "Gossip Writers" found a story about a "possessed" iron on http://███████, a 'creepypasta' site. The story had several photos attached, three (3) of which depicted SCP-069-UA floating, and a video of AEX-069 that was shot using a cell phone. Initial analysis of the photos deemed them most likely genuine. One of the eyewitnesses also testified that he broke his hand when he tried to grab SCP-069-UA while it was in the air. After that, the object was successfully recovered by Foundation agents, and all eyewitnesses were treated with amnestics. A cover story, describing the "flying iron" as fiction, was posted on the site.


Personnel with clearance 2/069 and above are allowed to read Document E2-069 - partial experiment logs:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License