SCP-1051
rating: +313+x
scp-1051.png

SCP-1051 egg upon release

Item #: SCP-1051

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Due to SCP-1051's main danger being information leakage, efforts towards containment have been placed into denial or falsification of rumors surrounding its existence. Agents are to be reminded that any reference towards SCP-1051 or similar concepts during interaction with a civilian, whether online or offline, are to be met with ridicule and/or denial. Knowledge beyond current cultural information may require the application of a Class-A amnestic.

SCP-1051 is to be patrolled by no less than twenty (20) personnel dressed in uniforms superficially resembling that of the United States Air Force, in a two (2) km radius surrounding SCP-1051. Intruders into this radius are to be shot. Personnel are reminded to not injure intruders, but only shoot a sufficient amount to repel them. Repeated attempts at entry or entry beyond a one (1) km radius will result in the application of a Class-A amnestic.

Satellites orbiting over or near SCP-1051 are to have their transmissions monitored for suspected interference. Any antennae discovered in a ten (10) km radius around SCP-1051 with no known purpose are to be either destroyed or surrounded by a Faraday cage.

Description: SCP-1051 is a large, immobile organism presumably extra-terrestrial in origin. Its "shell" measures approximately 700 meters by 500 meters by 60 meters. SCP-1051 is an ambush predator in nature, and lures its prey using a variety of sociological and psychological manipulation.

SCP-1051 has a shell that mimics large structures. For the past ██ years, SCP-1051 has remained in appearance to an aircraft hangar.

SCP-1051 will periodically produce and launch "eggs" (see above) from itself. They are elliptical in design but are flattened at the bottom to make a domed shape. This is presumably for ease of travel through terrestrial atmospheres. Currently █ out of ██ "eggs" have successfully been reclaimed by Foundation personnel. Eggs not intercepted by Foundation personnel have been ejected out of Earth's atmosphere and are irretrievable.

SCP-1051 will frequently attempt to connect with orbiting satellites in order to send television signals, images, or a variety of other media forms. SCP-1051 currently has a 2█% success rate in connection. SCP-1051 may also transmit radio signals or connect to telephone lines.

SCP-1051 arrived on Earth in 194█ in an "egg". It was originally discovered by the United States Air Force, which transported it to █████ ████, Nevada. SCP-1051 did not come into Foundation attention until 195█, following a distress signal by Air Force personnel stationed at █████ ████.

Addendum 1051-1: Anatomy of SCP-1051:

fcjzf8.png

Aerial photograph of SCP-1051 taken 195█. Note that the majority of SCP-1051 is underground.

1. Mouth of SCP-1051. Doors to SCP-1051 shut and prey is pushed deeper into SCP-1051's body.
2. Gizzard of SCP-1051. Grinds prey into fine paste before digesting.
3. Stomach of SCP-1051. Digests prey into nutrients and waste products.
4. Sphincter and waste tube of SCP-1051. Nutrients are sent to point 5 while waste product is released through southern cavity.
5. Brain of SCP-1051.
6. Distributing organ of SCP-1051. Note that this organ extends several different antennae and wires underground, allowing it to connect to various phone lines, emit radio transmissions, and connect to satellites. Foundation personnel have only been able to discover ██ of the presumed ███ antennae SCP-1051 utilizes above ground.
7. Presumed to be tongue of SCP-1051. Analysis of this paved area has shown fine indentations in the concrete, suggesting that SCP-1051 may have taste buds. ██/██/19██: This was confirmed after SCP-1051 retracted it momentarily following a chemical spill, giving the appearance of a disappearing air-strip.

Addendum 1051-2: Transmissions Successfully Distributed by SCP-1051:

Repeated uploading of various false information to various "Conspiracy" websites, including:

  • Information of various spacecraft being reverse-engineered inside itself.
  • Various "Men in Black" theories of extra-terrestrial contact.
  • Its use as testing for the following items: Exotic energy weapons, weather controlling devices, time and teleportation machines, and impossible propulsion systems.
  • Various messages in radio and television transmissions regarding its use by a "shadow government" [NOTE: This is considered a high-level information leak. Class-A amnestics are authorized for use dependent on the level of classified information.]
  • Calls to several production studios in California.
  • Dozens of calls, faxes, and Emails to the National Enquirer offices in █████. National Enquirer offices have been monitored by Foundation personnel since 198█.
  • Masked orders to officially reveal its existence, sent to U.S. Military Intelligence.
Addendum 1051-3:
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License