SCP-1537
rating: +68+x

Item #: SCP-1537

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Public knowledge of SCP-1537 must be kept to an absolute minimum. This entails the appropriation of any and all texts containing SCP-1537 or references to it, the monitoring of global internet communication, and the blackout of any media reporting on incidents related to SCP-1537. Any incident related to SCP-1537 or "The Brothers of Akul'hil" (TBOA) must be investigated immediately. Individuals exposed to SCP-1537-1 are to be treated with Class-A amnestics1. Personnel in direct contact with members of TBOA or SCP-1537-B instances are to wear auditory protection and be screened for SCP-1537-1 contamination post-incident.

Complete instances of SCP-1537-A will be contained in separate 8m x 4m x 8m concrete chambers. SCP-1537-A must not come into contact with SCP-1537-B or members of TBOA under any circumstances. If engagement of SCP-1537-A is necessary, immolation of the entity is prioritized.

Instances of SCP-1537-B and members of TBOA will be housed in separate soundproofed humanoid containment cells. These individuals are to be monitored daily via non-auditory video surveillance.

Please confirm 4/1537 Clearance for access to special containment procedures for SCP-1537-██.

Description: SCP-1537 is a language associated with a group identified as "The Brothers of Akul'hil" (TBOA). SCP-1537 demonstrates no connection to or similarities with any known terrestrial language. Details regarding the origin and purpose of TBOA are presently speculative. The first known incident traced to SCP-1537 occurred in 1982 and involved several prolific groups of interest, specifically the Global Occult Coalition. Further information on SCP-1537's discovery may be found in Document-SCP-1537-Alpha.

SCP-1537-1 is a phrase in SCP-1537 which, when spoken aloud, produces an anomalous reaction in human beings that perceive it. There are two discrete presentations of this reaction (SCP-1537-A and SCP-1537-B). SCP-1537-1 is roughly translatable as [DATA EXPUNGED].

SCP-1537-A is the more common reaction (over 99% of subjects). Individuals affected by SCP-1537-A will undergo the following progression of symptoms:

  • Initial exposure: Asymptomatic
  • 1-2 days: Metallic taste, fever (39 degrees Centigrade)
  • 2 days - 1 week: Fatigue, shortness of breath, mild jaundice
  • 1 - 2 weeks: Internal bleeding, angina
  • 2 weeks: Death and subsequent transformation

Two weeks after exposure, the subject's body will rapidly disintegrate, producing a mass of pseudo-liquid material. What comprises this mass is inconclusive: some human organic materials are present, however, the majority of its composition remains unidentified. These entities are either autonomous or sentient, and are capable of both locomotion and altering their mass/shape (mass increases of 200% have been observed). The variety of shapes that SCP-1537-A entities can assume is virtually limitless, and they are capable of increasing their durability to approximately the strength of steel. The amorphous and metamorphic nature of SCP-1537-A render them resilient to most forms of physical damage; immolation is thus far the only known method of termination. In combat, SCP-1537-A have been observed to produce various appendages and structures, most often tendrils of varying length. SCP-1537-A are exceptionally agile and can propel themselves at speeds reaching 81km/h. While mainly inert, SCP-1537-A may be provoked into violence by hostile action against it, or if ordered to by SCP-1537-B instances and members of TBOA.

SCP-1537-B is a rarer reaction (less than 1% of subjects) and produces no physical symptoms or effects. Subjects affected by SCP-1537-B demonstrate progressively fluent awareness of SCP-1537 and are capable of reproducing the language in both text and speaking. SCP-1537-1 is universally the first phrase that SCP-1537-B instances comprehend. SCP-1537-B do not display any observed psychological changes or abnormalities in contrast to their prior mental state and demonstrate a reasonable degree of surprise in response to their own comprehension of SCP-1537. However, SCP-1537-B appear to be more vulnerable to suggestion and persuasion by TBOA.

SCP-1537-B instances are capable of giving instructions to SCP-1537-A instances in both SCP-1537 and terrestrial languages. These instructions may encompass anything from simple chores to attack orders. In addition, SCP-1537-A are both entirely loyal towards and extremely protective of SCP-1537-B, and will use their bodies as shields for the latter.

DATA EXPUNGED: INFORMATION REGARDING SCP-1537-██ HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO SECURE-FILE-THANATOS-1537 (CLEARANCE 5/1537 REQUIRED).

Addendum [1537-001]: Recovered Materials

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License