SCP-1630
rating: +154+x

Item #: SCP-1630

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: All instances of SCP-1630 are to be held in humanoid containment chambers, located within Site-77. They are to be kept in climate controlled conditions, depending on the individual composition of the instance. No more than 3 instances of SCP-1630 are permitted to be out of their containment areas at one time. In the event of a containment breach, security personnel are permitted to terminate instances before they are able to perform a Delta Event.

Description: SCP-1630 designates a group of 25 anomalous humanoids, each measuring 1.54 meters tall and weighing between 21 and 231 kilograms. Instances of SCP-1630 display average intelligence for human subjects between the ages of 20 and 26, and are capable of sensing and perceiving like normal humans.

Each instance of SCP-1630 is composed of an edible substance commonly used for human consumption, such as vegetables, cheeses, meats, fruits, and grains. Clothing present on SCP-1630 instances' bodies are composed of the same substance, and are actually portions of SCP-1630's bodies. Damage to SCP-1630 instances will be healed at a rate of one kilogram of additional mass per hour, and all instances have been able to recover from all tested damage. Instances of SCP-1630 are vulnerable to the same forces which would normally damage the edible matter they are composed of, although no instance has been observed to decompose or expire while in Foundation containment.

Examples of SCP-1630 instances

Instance Material Notes
SCP-1630-01 Raw meat, primarily of pork and steak meats. Claims to be a food aficionado, and enjoys quizzing personnel involved in its containment on meat trivia. Conversation with SCP-1630-01 is permitted to allow ease of containment and to maintain SCP-1630-01's cooperative nature.
SCP-1630-06 Baked beans which are held together with additional crushed beans filling the space. An insect infestation has occurred in SCP-1630-06's original containment chamber. It has been moved to a new area, and is to be closely monitored in the new chamber to ensure the infestation has not spread.
SCP-1630-11 Butter. Instance is unable to speak due to the interior of its mouth being in a perpetual semi-liquid state. Able to communicate via sign language. Personnel fluent in American Sign Language have been assigned to SCP-1630-11's containment area.
SCP-1630-15 Garlic slices, which appear to have the individual strips of garlic wrapped together to make clothing. Unlike other SCP-1630 instances, SCP-1630-15 has no sense of smell.
SCP-1630-22 Cottage Cheese. Instance appears to consume portions of itself throughout the day, and admits to enjoying its own taste. Personnel are to monitor SCP-1630-22 to ensure accidental self-termination does not occur.

When more than 3 instances of SCP-1630 gather in one area, they will begin to climb on top of one another in a pyramid arrangement. Their exact positions appear to coincide roughly with the location of the food from which they are made, or that of a roughly comparable foodstuff, on the United States Department of Agriculture's food pyramid diagram. When questioned, instances of SCP-1630 will claim they are fulfilling "America's dedication to eat healthy every day."

When all instances have reached their positions, human subjects around them will begin to show signs of having recently completed a large meal, and report contentedness. Inanimate materials will slowly transform into edible materials in the same shape, with the exact transformation depending on the SCP-1630 configuration. Materials such as written and visual documents will have reminders about the importance of a properly balanced diet and repeated reminders to follow the food pyramid. The area affected by SCP-1630 expands at a rate of 100 meters per hour, regardless of how many SCP-1630 instances are participating in the Delta Event. The only known way to stop the event is forceful separation of all participating SCP-1630 instances.

SCP-1630 was discovered on 09/16/1981, after a small chemical factory located in Charleston, West Virginia, began reporting alterations to internal documentation consistent with SCP-1630's effect. After several other factories in the area reported similar conditions, Foundation agents were dispatched to investigate. Several instances of SCP-1630 were found wandering on the banks of the Big Coal River, and were contained. The remaining SCP-1630 instances were recovered from an abandoned building on the river, where all SCP-1630 instances were found performing a Delta Event. A cover story regarding positive effects from chemicals in the Big Coal River was disseminated to the public. As of 10/03/1981, SCP-1630 has been classified as Euclid.

Addendum: On June 2, 2010, a new instance of SCP-1630 was contained that appeared to be composed of various sugars, fats, and artificial substances. Classified as SCP-1630-26, it was interred in a normal containment chamber. Following initial containment, SCP-1630-26 was tested by participating in a Delta Event performed in a controlled environment. During the event, attending personnel reported nausea and sweet tastes in their mouth. Various documents within Site-77 were replaced with advertisements for various fast food and confectionery corporations1. Following the end of the Delta Event, SCP-1630-26 was moved off-site, and containment procedures have been slated for minor updates.

It is notable that the obesity rate within Site-77 has increased by 60% since this incident.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License