SCP-1660
rating: +408+x

Item #: SCP-1660

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1660-1 may be safely kept in a locked safe-deposit box at Site ██ Storage Facility. Standard positive-action defenses (explosive, chemical, biological, and memetic) are to be in place at all times, according to standard operating procedure. SCP-1660-1 is to be kept away from flammable materials unless in testing. Under no circumstances is SCP-1660-1 to come into contact with fire-related SCPs such as SCP-███. In event of SCP-1660-1 igniting outside, testing personnel are to evacuate the area until all flaming materials are extinguished. Due to only being accessible via SCP-1660-1, SCP-1660-2 can be considered to be contained as long as SCP-1660-1 is. Any animal life that emerges from SCP-1660-2 during testing is to be captured pending study and possible termination.

Description: SCP-1660-1 is an elaborately decorative oil lamp made from silver, coral and the shell of a nautilus. Its anomalous effects activate if a fire is lit inside the chamber of the nautilus shell. Upon ignition the fire will, regardless of materials used, begin to emit large amounts of smoke. The smoke will begin to gather forming an arch-shaped "gate" in the air approximately ██ meters across. The size and stability of said "gate" will fluctuate based on the amount and/or type of material being burned within SCP-1660-1. In the event of SCP-1660-1 being extinguished, the gateway will collapse rapidly.

SCP-1660-2 is a miniature parallel universe consisting of approximately █████ square kilometers of temperate forest conditions which can be accessed by means of the "gate" produced by SCP-1660-1. Around the edges of SCP-1660-2 are walls of an as-of-yet unidentified mineral rating up to ███ on the Mohs scale. Testing with diamond drills have been unable to damage the mineral while rapidly blunting drill bits. Roughly a kilometer above the treetops is what appears to be a layer of [DATA EXPUNGED] all aerial exploration is to be performed with unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) following incident ████████. Attempts at drilling below ground have revealed that a crust of the same unidentified mineral making up the walls exists approximately half a kilometer under the entire area of SCP-1660-2.

History: SCP-1660-1 was recovered on ██/██/████ by Agent ██████, a Foundation mole from ██████, a front for Marshall, Carter and Dark, who were selling "safaris" into SCP-1660-2 to hunt local wildlife (primarily SCP-1660-5, SCP-1660-6 and SCP-1660-7).

CLASSIFIED - LEVEL FOUR PERSONNEL ONLY

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License