SCP-1795
rating: +517+x

Item #: SCP-1795

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: All known instances of SCP-1795 inhabit extremely remote locales in interstellar space and are composed of dimensions that exceed that of the Earth; therefore, containment of all SCP-1795 entities is impossible at present. Movements of all known cases of SCP-1795 should be tracked and their creation cycles monitored for any new developments. Foundation personnel within NASA, ESA and deep space observatories have confirmed that there are no known cases of SCP-1795 within at least twenty light years of Earth, with analysis of space to the depth of thirty light years currently ongoing. Any close scientific examination (i.e. examination with the intent to locate exoplanets) into any stars listed in Document B1795, from any body other than the Foundation is to be suppressed immediately as the stars listed all harbor a case of SCP-1795 in varying stages of creation. Any public or government examination of young protostars not yet cleared by the Foundation is to be closely monitored for any data revealing cases of SCP-1795 in the universe. Should such a case occur, Class-A amnestics will be administered to all individuals involved, with all recorded data to be seized by the Foundation for analysis and expunged from the public record.

It has been discovered that the population density of SCP-1795 varies throughout the galaxy- the region surrounding Earth is sparsely populated, with as little as 1 in 1,000,000 stars harbouring a case of SCP-1795 in the local 1000 light years. In areas of high star formation such as globular clusters and nebulae, population density can be as high as 1 in 1,000. Estimates for the total population of SCP-1795 in our galaxy range from between one billion cases to a population in excess of fifty billion.

Description: Due to their great distance from Earth, direct observation is impossible with current telescope technology; however, usage of SCP-███ has permitted remote viewing to a relatively detailed degree, and the harnessing of the latent temporal effects of SCP-███ has allowed the preliminary observation of instances of SCP-1795 over the course of the past fifteen million years. Cases of SCP-1795 are spheroidal entities, somewhat similar in appearance to that of the human heart, with three large nodular openings circling the ‘upper’ end and a hollow interior. Although they outwardly appear to be composed of some form of biological material, detailed examination has revealed that their bodies do not correlate to any known form of biological matter and are likely at least partially synthetic in construction. Instances of SCP-1795 are the largest life forms known to the Foundation, often in excess of 50,000 kilometers in diameter.

It is unknown whether cases of SCP-1795 are sapient. Although they are capable of highly complex tasks, outlined below, it is unknown whether they are aware of, control, or self-regulate these actions, or if they operate on little more than animalistic instinct. They are not observed to utilize any form of technology, and move at speeds barely in excess of what can be achieved with modern rocket technology, therefore traversing interstellar space must necessarily take millions, if not billions of years for them, depending on their target destination. Assuming they are not immortal, then their lifespan must be on similar terms. It is worth noting that throughout the Foundation’s ████ ███████ year-long study of cases of SCP-1795, no case has ever been observed to expire or be otherwise destroyed, nor has any case been observed to reproduce, self-replicate, or come into contact with another SCP-1795.

Cases of SCP-1795 exhibit two key anomalous properties that are essential to their only known form of natural behavior. The first anomalous property is that cases of SCP-1795 will always seek out young protostars and attempt to move into their orbit. However, due to the fact that it takes all instances of SCP-1795 billions of years to traverse interstellar space, the SCP-1795 must have started moving in the direction of the star millions of years before it even existed. One explanation for the seven (7) ‘dormant’ (i.e. currently not mobile) cases of SCP-1795 is that they are simply waiting for their target star to form.

The second property is far more readily observable, and understood to a far greater degree. Upon arrival at a young protostar, the SCP-1795 will move into a stable orbit in the star’s habitable, or ‘Goldilocks’ zone, where temperatures are suitable for life as it is understood on Earth. It will then proceed to create a planet. The methods by which cases of SCP-1795 create planets are not fully understood, but fall into a clearly defined pattern of eight ‘stages’ which are outlined below. All created planets are observed to be rocky, similar in size to that of the Earth, possess a breathable atmosphere, magnetically active core, fully formed moon and are always extremely conducive to life. SCP-███ has been used extensively to locate and study such phenomena, and with the inventory of known cases of SCP-1795 approaching over five hundred million instances known to the Foundation, all aspects of the creation cycle have been witnessed and studied to a great degree.

Despite the fact that all planets created by SCP-1795 are extremely conducive to life, and harbor megastructures clearly intended for the inhabitation of, or to be operated by, intelligent beings (See Document A1795 for further information), no life has ever arisen on planets known to be constructed by cases of SCP-1795, and no beings have ever been observed to inhabit or operate the structures left behind by the SCP-1795. Their eventual arrival is doubted by the Foundation, since, as demonstrated by the case of SCP-1795-██, the structures will gradually fall into disrepair and ruin throughout the decades following the departure of the SCP-1795 responsible for the world.

The act of SCP-1795 completing a world was witnessed on the date of 22/03/██. SCP-1795-██████ was observed to stretch a wide circular opening at the upper end of its body, and deploy the world in its orbit by moving directly away from it. SCP-1795-█ immediately began moving towards a point in the region of ████████. Propulsion appears to be achieved by voiding gas inside their hollow interiors, leading cases of SCP-1795 to gradually become more elongated over the course of their travels as they slowly deflate.

It is unknown as to why cases of SCP-1795 create these planets, or to what purpose it serves. It is unclear whether they are following a shared plan or design, or if cases of SCP-1795 are operating independently.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License