SCP-1918
rating: +275+x

Item #: SCP-1918

Object Class: Euclid

Image No #: 1918-A
the-artifact.jfif
Entity interaction with D-2934..
Image captured 08/31/10

Special Containment Procedures: Entrances to SCP-1918-2 have been secured and monitored with constant video surveillance as of 03/05/██. The sewage facility containing 3 entrances has been quarantined by Foundation personnel and the entrances themselves have been sealed. Workers previously employed at the facility have been issued amnestics and replaced with Foundation personnel. All other entrances have been permanently sealed with cement.

SCP-1918-2 is visible via seismic imaging, though the location may not be physically breached as per agreed upon Foundation escalation prevention protocols.

Description: SCP-1918 is an object of unknown composition located in SCP-1918-2. It appears to be a plastic mold attached to a metallic rod, and is usually found moving between hallways in 1918-2. SCP-1918 moves on its own volition, although it does not appear to separate from the ground at any time. The object leans in the direction it travels in, and moves at a set speed of 5 kph. The object applies moderate force to the surfaces it moves across, leaving a faint trail. SCP-1918 at times communicates using these carvings.

SCP-1918-2 is the designation for the area containing SCP-1918. The area is located in a cavity 20 meters beneath █████, Maine. SCP-1918-2 is similar in appearance to electrical substations located in the region. There are 18 identical rooms in SCP-1918-2, or 9 compound rooms. Rooms are differentiated between a '1' room and a '2' room by crude carvings on the floors outside of the individual rooms. SCP-1918-2 is symmetrical, with .5 meter wide paths circling each compound room. The only deviations to this construction are the location of entrances on the sides of each individual room, which vary randomly while the facility is active. A visual representation of SCP-1918-2 is available as Image No #: 1918-B.

Access to SCP-1918-2 is non-euclidean; entrances to this location tend to be kilometres apart from one another. There are currently 9 known entrances, including 5 sewage grates, 3 utility shafts located in a sewage facility, and 1 toilet. Exit from the facility is not believed to be possible, although evidence in Testing Log 1918.14 suggests this possibility.

Hallways in the facility are completely devoid of light. Any light produced is absorbed via an unknown mechanism; due to this, exploration must be performed via memorization of the facility interior and touch. Sound behaves abnormally within SCP-1918-2 while an event is active; an audible echo can be heard five (5) seconds after a sound (inaudible) is actually produced.

The floors of rooms in SCP-1918-2 contain residues which are believed to originate from bodily fluids of individuals trapped in the area.

Image No #: 1918-B
1918-2.png
Visual representation depicting the layout of the facility, 1918-2.
Image created 06/08/11

It is not currently known whether or not SCP-1918 and SCP-1918-2 are separate or identical manifestations as attempts to remove SCP-1918 from SCP-1918-2 have been largely unsuccessful.


When a human or canine subject enters the central room it will become illuminated, and SCP-1918-2 will manifest. SCP-1918 will enter the room and move across the floor, leaving in its trail a message either reading "Tik Tak Tow" or "Memoree", maintaining a consistent speed and leaving immediately after the message has been inscribed. If the subject attempts to exit the room before this, the room will return to its dormant state, with the subject and any of its possessions disappearing immediately.

  1. "Tik Tak Tow" | The object moves to each “1” room, leaving behind "X" markings on the floors if the room is not already marked with an "O" in a manner similar to a game of "Tic Tac Toe". How a subject is meant to accomplish making a mark or understand this process is unknown, as no aides are given.
  2. "Memoree" | Upon exiting the room the subject is rendered unconscious by blunt force, presumably from SCP-1918. The subject regains consciousness in a random section of the facility. Success is marked by finding a “1” room identical to the central room. This event seems to possess a time limit, as the subject is pursued by SCP-1918 throughout the halls of the facility. The subject "wins" by marking the correct room with an "O".
Image No #: 1918-C
maze.png
Computer generated image depicting a hallway structure in SCP-1918-2.
Image created 01/03/09

Entering a “2” room causes SCP-1918-2 to enter a dormant state, and what is assumed to be the death of the subject participating.

If the subject is successful, SCP-1918 will present itself in the room that the subject is currently in. SCP-1918 will then inscribe "new game" on the floor and repeat the process with a new event. If the subject is unsuccessful, SCP-1918-2 will simply revert to its dormant state with the subject participating in the previous event disappearing.

History: SCP-1918-2 came to the attention of the Foundation after the disappearance of four utility workers in █████, a small town (pop. 226) in Maine. Numerous reports were filed to the local sheriff’s department of a “metallic scraping” beneath the ground, most commonly audible near sewage grates.

Addendum A: Recordings from testing event coordinated on 08/31/10.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License