SCP-2037
rating: +91+x
15_for_Dinner.jpg

Wild specimens of SCP-2037 prior to containment

Item #: SCP-2037

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: All SCP-2037 specimens are to be contained in an enclosed container with the minimum size of 10m x10m x3m. Specimens should always have sufficient access to fresh hay, grass, and water. SCP-2037 specimens are to be removed from the container before the daily cleaning of the containment chamber.

Any sightings of suspicious dust clumps around the facility are to be collected and observed if possible.

Description: SCP-2037 is an unknown anomalous species of the Sylvilagus genus. Specimens have an appearance similar to the Sylvilagus audubonii (Desert Cottontail rabbit) species. SCP-2037 also share a common diet with other species in the genus Sylvilagus. Currently the Foundation has 23 live SCP-2037 specimens in containment.

SCP-2037's anomalous properties manifest when specimens detect possible threats. When approached by any unknown or threatening subject, specimens of SCP-2037 will flee from the subject. Specimens are reported to quickly transform its body into a clump of dust while running. When in dust state, SCP-2037 specimens are very resistant to physical harm and are able to travel short distances if strong winds are present. When a significant enough amount of dust is lost, specimens in dust state will try to collect and accumulate dust from its environment. If the loss is too significant to regain, SCP-2037 will decrease in size when returning to normal state.

Specimens in dust state are mainly composed of rabbit fur, flakes of dead skin, lint, and spider webs. No living tissue can be found within the dust particles. When in normal state, no non-organic substances that are found in the dust state are detected.

Addendum-2037-1: SCP-2037 specimens SCP-2037-1 to 17 were originally found in the █████ Park located in ████, Nebraska. Local officials initially reported there was an excessive amount of dust located throughout the park. SCP-2037 first came to the Foundation's attention when Agent ██████ witnessed a SCP-2037 specimen entering dust state. Site ██ was established near █████ Park after the event in █/██/████.

Addendum-2037-2: Logs of Test-2037-B and Test-2037-C

Addendum-2037-3: In █/██/████ █:██ SCP-2037-19 expired from excessive tumorous growth on its head caused by a Shope papilloma virus infection. Within ███ hours all flesh growth on SCP-2037-19 had decomposed. Approximately █ minutes later the skeleton was reported to transform into a large clump of dust, and back to skeleton form █ minutes later.

Note: SCP-2037 is not exactly a living rabbit species, contrary to what we previously assumed. -Dr. █████

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License