SCP-2087
rating: +109+x

Item #: SCP-2087

Object Class: Euclid

Containment Procedures: Pursuant to Causal Boundary Agreement 04234a, the Foundation shall not engage in initial attempts to contain instances of SCP-2087-01. Instead, designated Foundation monitors shall radioactively tag instances of SCP-2087-01 and monitor, pending the instance’s self-containment at a Foundation-designated facility. Upon self-containment, the Foundation is to arrange living quarters which correspond, insofar as it is practicable, to the transboundary containment areas.

In the event that an instance of SCP-2087-01 fails to self-contain within 48 hours of radioactive dye administration, Foundation personnel shall contact the Intercausal Liason Office, institute a 70m cordon around all areas habitually visited by SCP-2087-01, and institute broad-spectrum amnestic therapy at all incident sites as necessary. No attempt is to be made to contain until confirmation of noncontainment is received from the Foundation Intercausal Liason office. WARNING: By order of O5-03, intercausal liason activities related to SCP-2087 are presently suspended. For more information and associated documents, consult SCP-2087-CN-34a.

In addition, the Foundation shall attempt to contain all radioactively tagged individuals determined by cross-boundary containment partners to be instances of SCP-2087-02. Individuals determined to be instances of SCP-2087-02 shall be contained notwithstanding the presence or absence of overt anomalous features; radiotagging shall be considered sufficient evidence of anomalous events.

Description: SCP-2087 [formerly classified SCP-████, SCP-████, and SCP-████] is an anomalous causal phenomenon caused by incomplete divergence of adjacent timelines. To date, all identified divergences have affected individuals. For theoretical considerations, see Two Men With the Same Past: Anomalous Causal Couplings in Objective Bennett Spacetimes, [REFERENCE OMITTED].

SCP-2087-01 consists of individuals causally coupled to adjacent timelines. In all recorded cases, the divergence results from the individual's death in some, but not all, adjacent timelines. Accordingly, most affected individuals are distinguishable by the injuries which resulted in their death. All individuals, including those who did not die with visible injuries, exhibit variable causal synchronization with adjacent nonfatal timelines. These instances may be recognized by their characteristic "jerking," "snapping," or "blinking" movement.

Inconsistent causal synchronization between SCP-2087-01 instances and the primary timeline renders conventional containment strategies impractical. Accordingly, causal contact between primary-timeline and divergent-timeline Foundations is permitted to mitigate consensus risk.1 Under the terms of Causal Boundary Agreement 04234a, the Foundation may tag individuals exhibiting signs of anomalous causal contact with Strontium-90 dye. Any such individuals are to be taken into custody by transboundary Foundation agents and stored until the causal coupling lapses or the affected individual dies.

SCP-2087-02 consists of individuals tagged by divergent-timeline Foundations for containment. Individuals tagged for reciprocal containment are generally overtly nonanomalous; however, two affected individuals have exhibited symptoms of bilateral causal synchronization. Affected individuals are to be contained until no longer radioactively tagged.

Addenda:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License