SCP-2150
rating: +72+x

Item #: SCP-2150

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Information related to SCP-2150 is to be blocked from all internet service providers. Additionally, other forms of media related to SCP-2150 (including literature, images, and word of mouth, but excluding this document) are to be withheld from personnel. A Level 4 security clearance is required to approve testing related to SCP-2150.

In the event that personnel become an instance of SCP-2150-1, they are to administered Class-F amnestics over a period of 4 to 5 days, in combination with shock therapy. Personnel attempting to detain an instance of SCP-2150-1 are to wear soundproof earmuffs to prevent accidental exposure through word of mouth.

In the case of a Theta-10 event, subjects are to be closely monitored for severe changes in behavior. If behavior among subjects is deemed unsafe, the subjects are to be detained and exposed to SCP-2150 in order to counter the effects of the Theta-10 event. If repeated Theta-10 events yield undesirable results, testing is to be terminated. Subjects are to be administered Class-F amnestics over a period of 4 to 5 days, in combination with shock therapy.

In the event of various personnel in Site-███ being exposed to SCP-2150, unaffected personnel are to immediately report to the Site Director.

Description: SCP-2150 is best understood as a memetic anomaly associated with the name Mark ████████. SCP-2150 is depicted as various individuals, the most common resembling a Caucasian male with facial hair. Information pertaining to SCP-2150 will yield varied results, such as the individual's occupation, biological history, criminal records, etc. No two personnel researching SCP-2150 will discover the same information, despite similar search results between personnel. Because of this, accurate information related to Mark ████████ is impossible to obtain.

Any subject who learns the full name of SCP-2150 will identify themselves as Mark ████████. (referred to as SCP-2150-1) Any personal information the subject discovers related to SCP-2150 will be retained as information related to themselves. Instances of SCP-2150-1 state that they have no memories, except for information related to SCP-2150.

If two instances of SCP-2150-1 meet, both instances will exchange information related to SCP-2150. Any new information gained from one instance will be retained as information related to the other instance. If two pieces of conflicting information meet, both instances will settle on an agreement as to which piece of information is correct.

Additional instances of SCP-2150-1 exchanging information results in collective knowledge believed to be true among instances. If a minority of instances hold conflicting information, it will result in a Theta-10 event. During a Theta-10 event, the majority of SCP-2150-1 instances will attempt to discredit the minority. Examples of this have included:

  • Accusing the minority of crimes in an attempt to convict them. (Observed in 45% of cases)
  • Framing the minority in a scandal, in an attempt to deter them from their occupation. (Observed in 22% of cases)
  • Spreading misinformation related to the minority through word of mouth, literature and other forms of media. (Observed in 65% of cases)
  • Persuading the minority to believe the majority's viewpoint, resulting in the death of the minority. (Observed in one case. Refer to Addendum 2150-A-12)

Any attempt to discredit instances of SCP-2150-1 results in said misinformation becoming collective knowledge among all instances. Over time, multiple disputes among instances will severely alter any original information gained from their initial exposure. Reintroduction of information to SCP-2150 will overwrite any previous information given from other instances of SCP-2150-1.

Addendum 2150-A-14: On ██/██/████, a D-Class personnel (D-93731) was identified as an instance of SCP-2150-1, despite not being exposed to SCP-2150 directly (through testing) or indirectly (through other instances or forms of media). D-93731 and other infected personnel were detained and administered amnestics before being returned back to Site-███. However, repeated amnestic treatment failed to rid D-93731 of the SCP-2150 contamination.

On ██/██/████, D-93731 was reported missing from Site-███. Records pertaining to D-93731's existence in Site-███ were not found. A Junior Researcher recovering records of D-Class personnel was exposed to SCP-2150 on the roster, resulting in accidental exposure. The Researcher was detained and is currently being returned to Site-██. The listed roster was deleted, and a new roster was formed based on the current number of D-Class in Site-███.

To date, no other personnel have been identified as an instance through this method.

Addendum 2150-C-10: INFORMATION RESTRICTED TO LEVEL 4 PERSONNEL OR ABOVE

Addendum 2150-C-11:INFORMATION RESTRICTED TO LEVEL 4 PERSONNEL OR ABOVE

Addendum 2150-C-12:INFORMATION RESTRICTED TO LEVEL 5 PERSONNEL ONLY

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License