SCP-2308
rating: +361+x

NOTICE FROM THE RECORDS AND INFORMATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION

This document describes an anomaly that was neutralized prior to its identification and classification. This record is maintained for the benefit of historical and scientific reference, in accordance with RAISA-3010 ("Archival of Documentation for Neutralized Anomalies").

Item #: SCP-2308

Object Class: Neutralized

Special Containment Procedures: N/A

Description: SCP-2308 was a line of high-performance consumer automobiles manufactured between 1999 and 2009, and sold from 1998 to 2008, by Argo Automotives1. Automobiles from the SCP-2308 model line possessed no anomalous properties of their own, except for being manufactured a year after they were sold.

Through the use of a currently unidentified temporal anomaly, Argo Automotives created a Temporal Self-Investment Loop2. Automobiles were manufactured using then-current non-anomalous technology, then were sent one year into the past to be sold as high-technology, high-performance vehicles. The money from these sales was then used to fund the development and manufacture of the vehicles that had just been sold.

Argo Automotives profited greatly from this strategy, up until the global financial crisis of 2008. Faced with a drastic drop in demand for automobiles, Argo Automotives found itself unable to sell its 2009 year model, and was thus unable to attain the necessary funds to develop and manufacture the 2009 year model. Despite this, Argo Automotives began manufacturing the vehicle in-order to prevent a potential temporal paradox. While the company succeeded in producing and delivering all of the necessary vehicles, the effort left Argo Automotives bankrupt.

The Foundation first became aware of SCP-2308 in 2010, during the liquidation proceedings for Argo Automotives, when several of its former manufacturing employees were hired by a Foundation front company. An investigation was immediately launched to determine the full extent of the Temporal Self-Investment Loop involved, as well as identify any potential paradoxes it may have created.

This investigation found that the loop was relatively self-contained, and identified no paradoxes3. However, the temporal anomaly used in the production of SCP-2308 could not be found; it is believed to have been surreptitiously sold to an unknown buyer prior to the liquidation proceedings. Efforts are ongoing to locate it.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License