SCP-2316



rating: +2063+x
BY ORDER OF THE OVERSEER COUNCIL
The following file describes a Keter-class anomalous cognitohazard,
and is Level 4/2316 classified.
Unauthorized access is forbidden.
2316
Item#: 2316
Level4
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
danger

cwarning.png

They've been waiting for a long time.
The following file contains images and text that are carriers for anomalous cognitohazardous influences. You do not recognize the bodies in the water. Due to this, it is imperative that all personnel accessing this file be certified as having a Cognitive Resistance Value (CRV) of no less than 14.5. Should you fail an automated CRV verification, please remain calm and do not move. A member of your site's medical staff will be with you shortly.


Please repeat the following phrase slowly and clearly into your terminal microphone:

I do not recognize the bodies in the water.


header.png

SCP-2316.


Special Containment Procedures: Under no circumstances are Foundation personnel to approach SCP-2316. Observation of SCP-2316 must only be carried out by remote dummy probes utilizing video and audio recording equipment. Only those personnel adequately rated for exposure to cognitohazardous anomalies may review footage and audio of SCP-2316.

The lake in which SCP-2316 is located has been quarantined and fenced off, and is to be routinely patrolled by individuals who have not been exposed to SCP-2316, and have no prior knowledge of its characteristics. You do not recognize the bodies in the water. Individuals who attempt to bypass the enforced quarantine must be apprehended and moved to Site-33 for a full cognitive influence screening. Individuals who come within 50m of the lake containing SCP-2316 are to be considered lost.

Please repeat the following phrase slowly and clearly into your terminal microphone:

I do not recognize the bodies in the water.


Description: SCP-2316 is the designation for an anomalous phenomenon existing within Lake ███████████ within ████████ County, ███████. SCP-2316 manifests as a group of human corpses1 floating in a small group at the surface of the water. The identities of these corpses are [COGNITOHAZARD REMOVED] [Automated Change: UNKNOWN], though DNA testing has been inconclusive.

While SCP-2316 appears to be individual instances, it is theorized that SCP-2316 may instead be an entity composed of a collective consciousness. Individual instances of SCP-2316 do not act on their own, but do seem to be able to act collectively as a2 single unit. The individual instances of SCP-2316 are3 unrecognizable, and you do not recognize the bodies in the water.

SCP-2316 hosts a powerful cognitohazardous effect, causing those who have viewed SCP-2316, are aware of certain parts of its nature, or who were enrolled in the [COGNITOHAZARD REMOVED] [Automated Message: INVALID] to believe that the individual instances of SCP-2316 are human beings they recognize, typically from their childhood4.

Attempting to come into contact with SCP-2316 instances, by way of entering Lake ███████████ or touching an instance of SCP-2316, will cause other instances of SCP-2316 to appear. You do not recognize the bodies in the water. The additional instances only serve to reinforce and add to the strength of the cognitohazard5, compelling affected individuals into the lake. Individuals who enter the lake in this way are lost, and to date none have been recovered.

Addendum 2316.1: Interview

[DATA EXPUNGED]6


Please repeat the following phrase slowly and clearly into your terminal microphone:

I do not recognize the bodies in the water.
I recognize the bodies in the water.

Addendum 2316.2: INVALID ENTRY BELOWBELOWBELOWBELOWBELOWBELOWBELOWBELOWBELOWBELOW

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License