SCP-2331
rating: +357+x
rave.png

A photo of an iteration of SCP-2331-P.

Item #: SCP-2331

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2331 is currently being tracked by both Mobile Task Force Kappa-Theta ("Get Lucky") and Research Team Theta-Theta ("Afterparty"). When an iteration of SCP-2331-P is confirmed, Mobile Task Force Kappa-Theta are to enter SCP-2331-P in an attempt to capture SCP-2331. Research Team Theta-Theta is currently working on a way to predict SCP-2331-P iterations. Amnestics are to be distributed to all participants of SCP-2331-P iterations.

Description: SCP-2331 is a humanoid that appears to be an animate hay-filled mannequin commonly known as a scarecrow. SCP-2331 can be identified by its carved pumpkin head, which has an internal glow of fluorescent blue in low light conditions. SCP-2331 is theorized to be capable of triggering SCP-2331-P and only appears in order to trigger SCP-2331-P. SCP-2331 is most active during the month of October.

SCP-2331-P is a phenomenon that occurs in any area in which SCP-2331 appears. SCP-2331-P is the spontaneous organization and generation of equipment typical of a medium-sized festival that involves a lights set and electronic music, colloquially known as a rave. SCP-2331 will assume the role of a disc jockey. SCP-2331 is capable of controlling the space contained with SCP-2331-P, often changing the humidity of the air, spontaneously producing nonpoisonous colored smoke, and affecting the texture or size of the walls. It will also produce objects such as glowsticks or candy.

SCP-2331-P will generally attract humans typically between 18 and 30 years of age, although humans as young as 13 and as old as 73 have been known to attend. Although social media and word of mouth are often cited when attendees are interviewed, the drawing of a large amount of participants will occur even during low amounts of social media coverage. It is theorized that attendants to SCP-2331-P may be under certain mental effects, although the details of potential effects are still undergoing investigation.

Each iteration may last from 5 to 24 hours, depending on the size of the rave and any interruptions from either Foundation activity or local law enforcement. Upon the conclusion of SCP-2331-P, SCP-2331 will disappear and trigger a new iteration within 72 hours, usually in the continent of North America. No anomalous activity or behavior is noted of any participant of SCP-2331-P iterations apart from SCP-2331 itself.

SCP-2331 may trigger SCP-2331-P in any area with enough space for a rave, but prefers indoor locations. It is more likely to appear in areas with high population densities, especially near or at institutions of higher education such as trade schools, universities, and colleges.

Incident 2331-01 10/09/2014

Incident 2331-04 10/13/2014

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License