SCP-2410

3/2410 LEVEL 3/2410
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-2410
Keter
bloodindex.png

A punctured instance of SCP-2410.

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation web crawlers and agents in municipal police forces are to intercept reports of possible SCP-2410 manifestations and bring them to Foundation attention. Social media posts and emergency services calls regarding SCP-2410 are to be censored and all affected individuals are to be apprehended for questioning and administered amnestics. Instances of SCP-2410 are to be incinerated with the approval of any personnel with Level 3/2410 or greater clearance.

Foundation agents embedded in toy manufacturing quality assurance contractors are to regularly sample teddy bears across all known manufacturers in search of a pattern for SCP-2410 manifestations.

Description: SCP-2410 refers to stuffed bears that have experienced an ectoentropic phenomenon wherein the materials that previously filled the bears are instantaneously replaced with anatomically correct internals for a bear of that size. This includes muscle tissue, bone, a complete set of internal organs, a circulatory system, and bodily fluids such as blood and bile. Despite possessing a complete and working anatomy, no biological processes take place within the bears and none of the organ systems connect to external orifices.

While minor differences in density and weight can be observed between affected and unaffected bears, these changes are inconsequential and often go unnoticed until an affected bear has been damaged in a significant manner. Upon being exposed to the environment, the instance will begin to decay at a rate that is typical for non-anomalous flesh and displays no further anomalous activity.

Addendum 2410-A: Discovery Log

Nicholas Hart, a 6-year-old boy from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, called 911 on 18 March 1979. The following is a transcription of the initial conversation between Nicholas Hart and Tammy White, a Sioux Falls Police Dispatcher.

<Begin Log>

White: 911, what is your emergency?

Hart: <uncontrolled sobbing>

White: Hello? Is someone there? Can you hear me? Are you hurt?

Hart: <between sobs> He's dead! Jiffy is dead!

White: I'm sorry, young man, but I need to ask you to calm down so that I can understand you. Is someone hurt?

Hart: <continued heavy sobs> I… Jiffy…

White: I'm sorry, I still can't understand you very well, I need you to calm down and tell me what is going on. Take a deep breath.

Hart: <inhales deeply> I was playing with Jiffy outside even though Mommy says I'm not allowed to bring my toys outside and we were running in the yard and I wanted to go play in the woods so that Jiffy could see the woods and —

White: Wait, wait, wait, Jiffy is a toy?

Hart: He's my teddy. <sniffles>

White: Honey, you can't call 911 just because you broke one of your toys. That's not an emergency. Are either of your parents around?

Hart: <still crying> No! Jiffy needs a doctor right now! He got stuck on the fence and his insides fell out and they're all over the ground! He's hurt, you need to help him!

White: <inhales sharply> Alright, I'll send an officer to go talk to your parents and help Jiffy, does that sound okay to you?

Hart: Please! He's dying!

<End Log>

An officer arrived on the scene to find Nicholas Hart in the backyard of his house with his parents, all of whom were surrounding an instance of SCP-2410 which had been ripped open across the abdomen by a chain-link fence, disemboweling it. This was the first known report of an instance of SCP-2410, and this call was reported to the Foundation when a field agent embedded in the municipal police department became aware of the story. All involved parties were amnesticized and the bear was replaced with an identical replica.

Addendum 2410-B: Ethics Committee Proposal Regarding SCP-2410 Containment

Addendum 2410-C: O5 Council vote on the proposal by the Ethics Committee

Y N Abstain
O5-5 O5-1 O5-3
O5-9 O5-2 O5-4
O5-10 O5-8 O5-6
O5-12 O5-11 O5-7
O5-13

Status
Motion Denied

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License